***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,313,157 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok that was hyperbole. But it's pretty safe to say. If it's on the Drudge Report, it's national news.
7nine
mwm
Is tonight the night you're taking your dad? Were you able to get ADA seats for him?
jopatura
AG
Rob Manfred will hold a press conference at 3PM CT to presumably address Yuli's situation. If it's not a just a statement to the media, it doesn't look good for Yuli.
Buck Compton
AG
jopatura said:

Rob Manfred will hold a press conference at 3PM CT to presumably address Yuli's situation. If it's not a just a statement to the media, it doesn't look good for Yuli.
This doesn't mean anything.

This thread is ****ing unbearable sometimes. The MLB will get significant flak if they try to affect the outcome of a championship series like this.
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
aTm2004
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

We are on the way down and will be coming in from lufkin on 59, does anyone have an academy or dicks they recommend for astros gear that will be on that route? Would rather shop there than at the stadium.

There's a brand new Academy just south of New Caney at 99. I think it's the Grand Parkway frontage road exit. You'll see a Chili's on your right and it's in that parking lot. Easy in easy out.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
Mr.Ackar07
Should be no Maeda today; everyone else we've hit against. Let's make it 3-1 with Keuchel and Verlander still left in the tank!
The Milkman
AG
Buck Compton said:

jopatura said:

This doesn't mean anything.

This thread is ****ing unbearable sometimes. The MLB will get significant flak if they try to affect the outcome of a championship series like this.

Exactly. Y'all overreact to everything. It'll be a statement that he made an apology or he sits out a game next season. Possibly a fine
McInnis
AG
There's some vendor booths set up on Crawford just outside of stadium. One had cool navy WS caps with Astros logo in front that I could not find inside yesterday. I saw a guy wearing one in the stadium and he said he got it at Dick's.
Prosperdick
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Should be no Maeda today; everyone else we've hit against. Let's make it 3-1 with Keuchel and Verlander still left in the tank!
Perfect scenario is we chase Wood early...Roberts makes a panic move (I know...shocker, right) and puts in Kershaw. We win anyway and now he can't use Clayton until game 7 and we render it moot tomorrow night.
redline248
AG
If Kershaw pitches tonight and the Astros still win, Roberts will get fired after the series.
cone
AG
there's something I know and you know it too

they'll never be this close again. not in my lifetime.
annie88
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

We are on the way down and will be coming in from lufkin on 59, does anyone have an academy or dicks they recommend for astros gear that will be on that route? Would rather shop there than at the stadium.
Have a great time! And yell loud!
awall11
AG
Kershaw ain't pitching in relief until game 7
Farmer1906
AG

DBill
AG
Farmer1906 said:

So dumb.
JohnnyTexAg1995
3 of the top headlines on ESPN.com are about people apologizing for something. Who freakin cares!!! Play sports!
Ag_07
AG
5 games??? For that????

Didn't Harper get 5 games for charging the mound and throwing haymakers?
JohnnyTexAg1995
5 GAMES!?!? WTF?? I guess now there is precedence! Everybody be looking out on TV for something that offends you and make a big deal about it!
annie88
AG
Who cares? It's next year and he'll still have 157 games he can play in. No one can honestly say in today's bull**** everything is racist PC environment that he was going to get off without at least a slap on the wrist. Here it is let's move on. If that is the real deal glad it's over on to tonight's game. Go Astros!
maca1028
I might have to buy a copy.

Good little tease
Texaggie7nine
Yeah any suspension is stupid.
7nine
Agnzona
j_davis01 said:

3 of the top headlines on ESPN.com are about people apologizing for something. Who freakin cares!!! Play sports!

Sports reporters are now more liberal I believe than even CNN talking heads.
annie88
AG
When I was growing up in the 70s and 80s **** like this would've not even made a blip on the radar. And back then if you didnt like some by body or something they said either they apologized or they didn't, you accepted it or you didn't and then everybody moved on like men.

Nowadays we have everybody getting offended by everything. I mean look at the Texans upset over a common old saying that they took literally. Now talking about having a demonstration. For the love of God can we just except apologies and move on and quit drive so much attention to every body over the slightest little things that are perceived as insults.
maca1028
annie88 said:

Who cares? It's next year and he'll still have 157 games he can play in. No one can honestly say in today's bull**** everything is racist PC environment that he was going to get off without at least a slap on the wrist. Here it is let's move on. If that is the real deal glad it's over on to tonight's game. Go Astros!
annie88
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Yeah any suspension is stupid.
Yes but again if anybody thought this was going in the other way they havent been paying attention to the United States in 2017. We are living in the dumb my friend. in the dumb.
Agnzona
One of the MLB commentators summed it up nicely. They had to do something because in these days peoples emotions run so high. That sums up American culture now. Emotions run wild replacing common sense as the driving force in society.
screw-tu
Yuli with "sensitivity training". These people so lucky they never played for my high school football coach. What a bunch of bull****
cone
AG
only thing i worry about in the Yuli thing right now is if it gets to a Game 7, then it becomes a legit distraction

and the whole arc of history bends towards justice trope starts to play out
irish pete ag06
AG
mwm said:

Is tonight the night you're taking your dad? Were you able to get ADA seats for him?

Yes! Big shoutout to texasaggie7nine

He and I were able to just exchange seats. I'm forever grateful. Good Bull from him!
jamesf
AG
As dumb as it is to have any suspension, this is much preferred than to suspend him for a World Series game.
screw-tu
If I wasn't done with pro football I am now. Proud of our guys not pulling the anthem BS. Now they pull this ****
Ag_07
AG
Why would it be a distraction in a Game 7 and not in Games 4, 5, or 6?

It's gonna be a distraction at all.
aTm2004
AG
screw-tu said:

If I wasn't done with pro football I am now. Proud of our guys not pulling the anthem BS. Now they pull this ****

Exactly. Texans are the only NFL I watch now...don't free up my whole Sunday.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
themissinglink
AG
This is MLB's way of pretending to give a ***** They didn't want to impact the outcome of the world series, but wanted to shut the SJWs up and pretend to send a message. We won the division by 21 games and won 101 game. We'll return all of our core players and get a full year of Verlander. It's not going to matter. Yuli sitting for 5 games gives white or Reed a couple of reps next year.
exp
AG
Winners don't worry.
First Page Last Page
Page 1410 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.