***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,313,426 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
exp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My god guys. Can we just talk about baseball. You're feeding the media trolls by spending 100% of your time discussing it.

What a tense but satisfying win last night.
spadilly
S
bam02
AG
exp said:

My god guys. Can we just talk about baseball. You're feeding the media trolls by spending 100% of your time discussing it.

What a tense but satisfying win last night.

This. I watched the game without following any social media ( including this thread) and went to bed after a GREAT WS win last night. Didn't hear about any of this until reading this morning. Life is much better without all the social media stuff.
titanmaster_race
Can I be friends with you and your friends??
exp
AG
Great article

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/10/yu-darvish-los-angeles-dodgers-roughed-up-houston-astros-world-series-game-3
Farmer1906
AG
titanmaster_race
that's a pretty cool response, but didn't he also tell some reporters he thinks MLB should punish him?
agsquirrel97
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Can I be friends with you and your friends??

Hell yeah you can, we aren't exclusive (like some first basemen) we hang out with all kinds of idiots. I bet you would fit right in.
In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vin****.
JDUB08AG
AG
If we put runs on the board again tonight I can totally see a repeat pitching tandem of Morton and McHugh.
BMX Bandit
I think he uses more guys tonight. If nothing else, give them some work.
Canyon99
AG
What great times we live in when this story is getting more press than the game. Start Yuli tonight and kick some more Dodger ass.
BMX Bandit
you may need to change the channel you are watching. Even ESPN is paying much much more attention to the actual game
bjork
BMX Bandit said:

you may need to change the channel you are watching. Even ESPN is paying much much more attention to the actual game

I'm watching SportsCenter right now. It's about even time on the coverage.
Wabs
AG
Is it racist for people to not know more about the Cuban and Latino culture?
gambochaman
AG
I dont thinknit was wrong at all
Being hispanic and having grown up in a caribbean culture, this is 100% normal.....
OCEN99
AG
The smack talk is getting out of hand.
Big Al 1992
AG
ESPN and the west coast media needed a villain. Every WS has one, but these Astros are so damn likable with great story lines - hard to cheer against. Now they have their villain and they are gonna play it up. If there's a game 6 or 7, Yuli will be booed like crazy. Unfortunate because Yuli has a great story his own - star player in Cuba yet nothing to show for it, he defects risking never seeing his family again and makes it big in American baseball.
If you wanted to be offended, watch some d Bugs Bunny cartoons where he digs a hole all the way to China, wears a China cap and buck teeth. This was nothing.
TXAG14
Won't be shocked if we see Kershaw tonight. Dave Roberts might feel a little panicked and see tonight as a must win.
BMX Bandit
TXAG14 said:

Won't be shocked if we see Kershaw tonight. Dave Roberts might feel a little panicked and see tonight as a must win.

I would be absolutely stunned if Kershaw pitches tonight.

Would be one of the strangest move ever
Nino Brown
Loved Darvish response. Astros should squash this **** real fast and just sit Yuli tonight. Don't throw gasoline on the fire
Mathguy64
AG
BMX Bandit said:

TXAG14 said:

It wouldn't be strange. It would be a panic move.
BMX Bandit
Nino Brown said:

Loved Darvish response. Astros should squash this **** real fast and just sit Yuli tonight. Don't through gasoline on the fire

Did you get lost on your way to the Rangers thread?
iBrad
AG
I think Kershaw would only pitch if they were down 3-0. Or if this were a five game series.
Nino Brown
No not all bro but thx for looking out.
astros4545
AG
I think the Astros should forfeit tonight's game as a show of good faith, as a matter of fact, I think we should just not play the World Series because of Yus ugly face

Orrrr, let's just roll out the same lineup we have been and just win this ****in thing
Frok
AG
Nino Brown said:

Loved Darvish response. Astros should squash this **** real fast and just sit Yuli tonight. Don't through gasoline on the fire

Oh we are gonna through some gasoline on this fire for sure.
Beat40
BMX Bandit said:

TXAG14 said:

I would be shocked too. That would be insane if it happened though.
Nino Brown
My bad, my daughter was jumping on me while typing. Enjoy your day. Some of you guys get a kick out of your own jokes too much to see the right thing to do. Thought the zoo was over there.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Nino Brown said:

Astros should squash this **** real fast and just sit Yuli tonight.
LOL. Ok.
TexasRebel
AG
In the US nobody has the right to not be offended.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Nino Brown said:

Loved Darvish response. Astros should squash this **** real fast and just sit Yuli tonight. Don't throw gasoline on the fire

No freaking way should the Astros "quash" anything by sitting anyone.
tremble
AG
The only thing the Astros need to do is have Yuli, Hinch, and MAYBE Luhnow go to the Dodgers coaching staff and have Yuli apologize to Yu and their team. Any Caribbean born player on the Dodgers will absolutely be able to explain that kind of behavior is normal where they are from and Yuli probably has no idea having been here for a year only.
The Milkman
AG
Nino Brown said:

My bad, my daughter was jumping on me while typing. Enjoy your day. Some of you guys get a kick out of your own jokes too much to see the right thing to do. Thought the zoo was over there.

Ugh people. If he got a DWI last night or did something illegal sure. "The right thing to do". Get over it
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Who's going to the game today? I'll be a SRO wanderer. Wearing shorts and flip flops because that's what I wore to our other home wins.

Beers?
cone
AG
I'm scared of my own shadow and even I think you're weak
First Page Last Page
Page 1405 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.