***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,313,617 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2 FCKING MORE!!!!

E
AG
Great_I_Am said:

Asian people dont care, there is only one group of people who get their panties in a wad at trivial stuff like this, Ill let you figure that one out.

So much this.
Farmer1906
AG
edit: Go 'stros.
astros4545
AG
youre a saint
E
AG
D harper as the best tits in the game
Coby
AG
What would they even do with the fine? Who gets it? Donate it to some Asian heritage organization if you're going to do that or gtfo. I guess that would be a way to keep your virtue signaling consistent.
Memphis 7
Farmer
DirtyMikesBoys
iBrad
AG
Matt Joyce was suspended two games for using a gay slur. I expect that we'll be without Yuli tomorrow. Marwin will likely start at first with Maybin in left.

The league will be too concerned with public perception and overreact.
n_touch
I cant wait to see this thead after they win it all. Will be fun to watch and a little sad that it will be gone
Farmer1906
AG
iBrad said:

Matt Joyce was suspended two games for using a gay slur. I expect that we'll be without Yuli tomorrow. Marwin will likely start at first with Maybin in left.

Not a ****ing chance. If they suspend him, I will lose my *****
awall11
AG
He'd just appeal it and still play
jopatura
AG
Apparently Yuli has to meet with the commish tomorrow. I don't see any way he has a good enough explanation to get out of a suspension. That narrative would completely take over the WS, especially if we win. It's not a good look for the MLB. It's so stupid though.

I expect a one-game suspension for tomorrow. A fine to a charity of Yu's choice. That way Yuli is still around for any clinching games but the MLB has saved face with the public. I also expect his chances at MVP are shot now as well.
InnerCityAg
Farmer1906 said:

I hate the popcorn thing you have going, but thank you for that.
Cappy407
AG
Great_I_Am said:

Asian people dont care, there is only one group of people who get their panties in a wad at trivial stuff like this, Ill let you figure that one out.

First, my mom is Taiwanese. That makes me 1st generation half-Asian, and you know what? You're absolutely right. AsIans don't care. Well, most don't. Maybe some American Born 3rd and 4th generations do, but they are pretty much parroting American society. America is the only country obsessed with race.

And may people from Puerto Rico, Cuba, and carribean islands are just culturally unaware. They're aren't a lot of Asians living in Puerto Rico. True story, a Puerto Rican co-worker of mine described another Asian to me as "the one with the ch**ky eyes". She was completely oblivious that she was being "insensitive".

And asians don't have a lot of experience with Black people. Google some Asian commercials with black people in them and some of that stuff would cause America to melt down.
Farmer1906
AG
InnerCityAg said:

Farmer1906 said:

I hate the popcorn thing you have going, but thank you for that.
You hate the popcorn? How could anyone hate it?

Oh and you're welcome. That young lady is talented.
n_touch
E said:

D harper as the best tits in the game

The rest of her aint to shabby either
Memphis 7
My goodness, the media is going to go full blown virtue signaling paloosa on this...

Bonfired
AG
My biggest thing is that it's just not a distraction that the team needs right now...whether it should be a big deal or not is immaterial. It's 2017, it's blown up and it is something that I hope is addressed quickly and move on.
astros4545
AG
jopatura said:

Apparently Yuli has to meet with the commish tomorrow. I don't see any way he has a good enough explanation to get out of a suspension. That narrative would completely take over the WS, especially if we win. It's not a good look for the MLB. It's so stupid though.

I expect a one-game suspension for tomorrow. A fine to a charity of Yu's choice. That way Yuli is still around for any clinching games but the MLB has saved face with the public. I also expect his chances at MVP are shot now as well.
No chance he is suspended

Did y'all forget about Pearl Harbor???

He had every right...**** Darsh
Farmer1906
AG
Darsh said Gurriel should be punished by the league.

**** that ****.
Ag12thman
AG
Geez, if he has to meet with the commissioner he is probably screwed.
Memphis 7
Farmer1906 said:

iBrad said:

Not a ****ing chance. If they suspend him, I will lose my *****

They will. Guarantee it. They has to be virtuously superior and let everyone know.
astros4545
AG
Guess what people, Asians have slanty eyes

and also guess what, it doesn't matter

they also have big brains, who gives a ****
n_touch
Farmer1906 said:

Darsh said Gurriel should be punished by the league.

**** that ****.

Wont be as bad as the punishment he got tonight
bearkatag15
AG
Didn't someone post about $58 tickets being posted on StubHub earlier today? Here is an article about the guy that bought some of them.

http://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/How-these-fans-got-into-the-World-Series-game-for-12313321.php
Buck Compton
AG
If there's a suspension, there better be a ****ing revolt. I'll be so upset. That's ridiculous.
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
nbbob
Darvish has been here over 5 years and still needs a translator. Maybe use some of those millions to hire an English teacher. I didn't see Yuli do anything but maybe I missed it.
Mathguy64
AG
No way he gets suspended. They would get a huge backlash for looking like they are manipulating the game. The press is making a mountain out of a molehill. The whole sports social/political crap needs to end. It's a sporting event with guys with emotions. Let the politicos deal with the social and political problems.
Agmaniacmike12
Just got a notification that the hat I ordered on Monday from MLB.com shipped. I'm a bit spoiled by Amazon Prime, but 4-5 days just to send it is excessive. I have better standard of Ebay sellers, let alone a major outfitter.
Philip J Fry
AG
Pisses me off that we are talking about this and not the win. What an incredibly stupid distraction.
astros4545
AG
mathguy86 said:

No way he gets suspended. They would get a huge backlash for looking like they are manipulating the game. The press is making a mountain out of a molehill. The whole sports social/political crap needs to end. It's a sporting event with guys with emotions. Let the politicos deal with the social and political problems.
Yep

Any outrage exists on twitter and twitter alone

You don't jeopardize the sancity of the sport to appease the Twitter mobs who only found out about it by checking what was trending, not even watching the game
BowSowy
AG
He won't get suspended, calm down.

It's also incredible ironic that the SJWs who are outraged by this are the same ones that have never, ever cared about considering discrimination against Asians before tonight.
CorpsAg11
AG
In Hispanic countries they are very blunt about race
They call their black friends "negro / negra" and their asian friends "chinito / chinita" and no one cares. He should apologize and everyone should move on.
95_Aggie
AG
social media sucks
First Page Last Page
Page 1401 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.