***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,110,238 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
bjraggie10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr.Bond said:

bjraggie10 said:

Pretty incredible...this Fresno team probably trumps what we trotted out in Houston from 2012-2013.

So Fresno should be dominant right
I mean those 100+ loss teams were, by and large, severely lacking MLB talent. I don't know what Fresno's current record is (I'm presuming not good based on your comment)...but I just thought it was a good sign for the organization that a lot of MLB caliber players are stuck in AAA because of the strength of our current roster.
iBrad
AG
Maybe if they had decent pitching.
Buck Compton
AG
iBrad said:

Maybe if they had decent pitching.
Their pitching down there is truly rough to look at right now.
CFTXAG10
AG
gougler08
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Ruggiano is still playing?
Ag_07
AG
I think there are quite a few of AAAA players down there in Fresno.

Just because they've played in the majors doesn't really mean anything. Actually it kinda means they can't stick and they're playing AAA still.

There are some good players but lets not act like it's a roster full of ML talent.
astros4545
AG
It is compared to previous recent Astros teams

Justin Maxwell would have batted 8th on this Fresno roster
TREX01
There is 1 big league player in that lineup and it's Fisher.
CorpsAg11
AG
TREX01 said:

There is 1 big league player in that lineup and it's Fisher.

TREX01
So there are none? Who on that roster will play 4-5 years in the bigs?
titanmaster_race
TREX01 said:

Tony Kemp
CorpsAg11
AG
TREX01 said:

In order of likelihood...
1) Fisher
2) AJ Reed
3) Brady Rodgers
4) Teo Hernandez
5) Colin Moran
All of those guys have a better than 50% chance of a 5+ yr MLB career. Then you have guys with a decent chance...
6) Stassi
7) Tyler White
8) Kemp
9) Tolliver
10) Guduan
Etc
CorpsAg11
AG
TREX01 said:

Just b/c our roster is stacked and they are blocked does not mean they are not going to have MLB careers...
shano0603
AG
CorpsAg11 said:

TREX01 said:

Just b/c our roster is stacked and they are blocked does not mean they are not going to have MLB careers...
I agree with this. Some guys take longer to develop than others... Just because we saw a guy in the majors at a very young age because we didn't have anyone else doesn't mean they were ready at the time, and also doesn't mean they won't be ready at some point... I reckon a lot of you have already written off AJ Reed because of his lack of success in the majors. He's only 2 years out of the A-level. He will come around.
irish pete ag06
AG
Holy **** read this article.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/article/In-Astros-clubhouse-it-s-all-fun-and-games-11238011.php
gougler08
AG
Maybe Gregerson wouldn't suck so much if he started playing games with the rest of then
Mr.Ackar07
Quote:

"We get excited when we get here," said lefty reliever Tony Sipp, considered the ace of the gaming circle. "It probably takes up most of our free time."
At least he's decent at something in life
Pahdz
irish pete ag06 said:

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/article/In-Astros-clubhouse-it-s-all-fun-and-games-11238011.php
I'm on Team Springer with this one

Quote:

Despite the rapidly increasing appeal, there is discord even in the Astros' clubhouse. Springer considers it "insulting" to compare the sports video games he plays with "Clash."
"I call it 'Dorks,' " Springer said.
"George has never played it," Marisnick chimed in. "He's ignorant."
"I watched them play it for three years," Springer retorted. "I'm good."
And Team Gregerson

Quote:

"They're grown men playing with fairy queens and princesses," he said.

Ag_07
AG
Quote:

Despite the rapidly increasing appeal, there is discord even in the Astros' clubhouse. Springer considers it "insulting" to compare the sports video games he plays with "Clash."

"I call it 'Dorks,' " Springer said.

"George has never played it," Marisnick chimed in. "He's ignorant."
Bulldog73
AG
It sound like they went into the locker room of the high school I teach at. Except the crossword, we don't have any of those losers.
aTm2004
AG
So, Gregerson is Roger Dorn?
k20dub
AG
Great article
Ag_07
AG
The Astros Grand Fastball Experiment

Quote:

No team's batters have ever seen fewer four-seam fastballs than the Houston Astros this year. Few teams' pitchers, meanwhile, have thrown fewer four-seam fastballs than the Houston Astros this year. This all has something to do with changes in baseball, yes, and also with the personnel on this current team. But there's also a wrinkle to the thing that tells us a little more about why these trends are happening, and why the Astros are at the forefront in both cases.

Pretty interesting read into why we see the least amount of fastballs and why we throw the least amount of fastballs.
Mr Gigem
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

That article is awesome. Those guys are living the life

My favorite line..

Quote:

"Oh, look," he said, "Bette Midler is playing 'Clash.' Who gives a (expletive)!"
irish pete ag06
AG
aTm2004 said:

Hell yes. I pictured Gregerson walking out just like Dorn every time Harris got religious.
Pahdz
irish pete ag06 said:

aTm2004 said:

Hell yes. I pictured Gregerson walking out just like Dorn every time Harris got religious.
"I'll be in my office"
irish pete ag06
AG
Pahdz said:

irish pete ag06 said:

aTm2004 said:

"I'll be in my office"

While crop dusting everyone with his news paper.
W
AG
so none of the Latin players play video games? Not a one was mentioned in the article
(removed:110205)
shano0603 said:

CorpsAg11 said:

TREX01 said:

I agree with this. Some guys take longer to develop than others... Just because we saw a guy in the majors at a very young age because we didn't have anyone else doesn't mean they were ready at the time, and also doesn't mean they won't be ready at some point... I reckon a lot of you have already written off AJ Reed because of his lack of success in the majors. He's only 2 years out of the A-level. He will come around.
Brad Peacock is 29 and finally seems to have figured it out. Baseball is different that way.
Prosperdick
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Pahdz said:

irish pete ag06 said:

aTm2004 said:

"I'll be in my office"

While crop dusting everyone with his news paper.
Or as Deadpool would say, #driveby.
Beat40
Sid said:

shano0603 said:

CorpsAg11 said:

TREX01 said:

Brad Peacock is 29 and finally seems to have figured it out. Baseball is different that way.
Well, from the article Ag_07 posted a few posts up, maybe using his fastball less is the cause for his performance this year.
Post removed:
by user
2 Times Ag `88 `14
W said:

so none of the Latin players play video games? Not a one was mentioned in the article
I picture Jose holding a soccer ball "Hey, what are joo guys doin?"
Mr.Bond
AG
Hard for the Latin players to be big into video games considering most probably didn't have electricity growing up
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

shano0603
AG
third coast.. said:

Calling my grandmother back home from Dubai and one of our topics of conversation she brought up is hoping Dallas Keuchels neck gets better. She was born in1930 and has an aggie sweetheart ring from her time working at A&M where she met my grandad. She took me to my first Astros game at the astrodome. I love this team and franchise.

Rule Juan
First Page Last Page
Page 415 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.