***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,335,919 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

cpsencik04 said:

We tried to get a running clock at our game on Thursday but the other coach refused, "he is trying to build his program", we were up 48-0 at the half.

Our AD atleast got it to run for incomplete passes and out of bounds
We ran into that last week. We were playing against a team that beat us last year in a fluke game which we had 4 turnovers and the referee crew was so bad that they got disbanded by the chapter after the game. We were up 47-0 at half time and he didn't want to run it either, so we kept pouring it on.

Houston chapter
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

InnerCityAg
cone said:

sorry to upset you

EAD
iBrad
AG
TheFeelOfCotton383 said:

I feel like the bats woke up last night. The hitting coaches realized what was wrong and they fixed it.

I pray that continues tonight and the Astros jump on CC early.

Astros need to be patient. CC threw two-thirds of his pitches out of the zone in game three and walked four. While he induced some weak contact, we also had a a fair amount of good contact. Just need to take advantage of the opportunities he gives us.
Post removed:
by user
ClickClack
AG
So I showed my dad (who now unfortunately lives in Dallas) the Jobu thing because we used to watch Major League. I was at the game but I told him to take a shot of rum for Jobu before our bats woke up. He didn't have rum but he did some tequila for Jobu and Jobu apparently was pleased.

Anyway, I'm going to go out and buy some Sailor Jerry's today. Plan on offering some rum up for Jobu and suggest you guys do the same tonight.

Take fear from our bats!
ATM9000
AG
More patience at the plate last night... Need it to be contagious and get to Marwin and Bregman and Reddick tonight.
Farmer1906
AG
The bottom of the lineup did a hell of a job working counts the 2nd and 3rd time up.
Ag_07
AG
None of you better change up anything. Seriously I'm wearing the same shirt, sitting in the same spot on my couch, and drinking the same beer outta the same koozie.

It's of the utmost importance we keep everything straight.

Bats are gonna roll and Uncle Chuckles throws 5 strong with that hammer making them look like clowns.
aTm2004
AG
I'm thinking the Nature Boy will wake up Reddick.

Agnzona
Ag_07 said:

None of you better change up anything. Seriously I'm wearing the same shirt, sitting in the same spot on my couch, and drinking the same beer outta the same koozie.

It's of the utmost importance we keep everything straight.

Bats are gonna roll and Uncle Chuckles throws 5 strong with that hammer making them look like clowns.

I've been on the Toilet since the bottom of the 5th last night. I have no feeling in my extremities.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I really don't feel like posting 50 Kate upton tit pics again
TrillOBrien
AG
TODAY...WE FINISH THEM!!!!!!!
klsmith89
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

I really don't feel like posting 50 Kate upton tit pics again

Post removed:
by user
Bulldog73
AG
I'll call the head coach from the school we played last night but after concussing and tearing their QB's ACL (same play, he chose to cut at a bad time), and concussing their fullback/DT, I don't think he'll be too keen on playing us again tonight, and UIL would probably frown on it too, so I can't be doing the same thing as last night.
astros4545
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Momentum doesn't mean much in professional baseball because good starting pitching can almost always beat good hitting. Advantage to Yanks on starting pitching tonight. Stros need to get to Sabathia early.

Sabathia sucks
agsquirrel97
AG
aTm2004 said:

I'm thinking the Nature Boy will wake up Reddick.

You left out the best part of the speech!!!

When last year, I spent more money on spilt liquor, in bars from one side of this world to the other, than you made,

Woo!
Ag_07
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Momentum doesn't mean much in professional baseball

Momentum means a ton in a playoff series.

Just look at this one. We had it all early, they took it back and ripped off 3 wins, and now we have it.
aTm2004
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Momentum doesn't mean much in professional baseball because good starting pitching can almost always beat good hitting. Advantage to Yanks on starting pitching tonight. Stros need to get to Sabathia early.

Springer leads off with a bunt. Make fatass hobble after the ball.
ClickClack
AG
astros4545 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Sabathia sucks

Yeah honestly I think we just made Sabathia look better than he is. We can generate offense on him. Hoping after last night that we look completely different offensively against Sabathia than last time.
ClickClack
AG
Ag_07 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Momentum doesn't mean much in professional baseball

Momentum means a ton in a playoff series.

Just look at this one. We had it all early, they took it back and ripped off 3 wins, and now we have it.

Yeah I don't get the couple posts saying momentum isn't important. I think it's huge, especially in this series and especially for this team.
JABQ04
AG
Because I posted this yesterday:

titanmaster_race
dlance said:

Would you guys stop quoting cone? It's hard to ignore her when every one of her posts gets quoted by y'all falling for the troll bait.

100% troll
tjack16
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Momentum doesn't mean much in professional baseball.

- 2004 Red Sox ... rode the game 4-5 momentum all the way to a World Series title
- 2011 World Series ... cardinals win game 6 and there was no doubt in anybody's mind they would win the next one because of the momentum
- 2015 Astros vs Royals ... after the Astros blew the game 4, there was little doubt the royals had game 5.
- 2016 Cubs... down 3-1 and rode the momentum all the way

Those are just a few I can think of.
Momentum in the postseason is HUGE

TexasRebel
AG
ClickClack said:

astros4545 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Sabathia sucks

Yeah honestly I think we just made Sabathia look better than he is. We can generate offense on him. Hoping after last night that we look completely different offensively against Sabathia than last time.

CC has been hurling out of his mind this post season...

The thing is, we've already seen him once.

I wish there was a practical reason to switch Springer & Altuve in the lineup. I know Springer can lead off with a run, but Altuve scoring on the first pitch would be game over with 27 outs to play.
concac
AG
CorpsAg11 said:

If a t-rex played baseball.
Rule#2
AG
I'm not going back to find it, but I'm here to eat my crow. Even though Verlander DID throw a near perfect game (not in the literal sense) he finally had some help. Help I didn't see after the blown 4-0 lead in game 4. Glad to see the sticks woke up last night and we didn't look like a deer in headlights at the plate...at least not later in the game. Hopefully we're the team who is heating up at the right time. Go 'Stros
JDUB08AG
AG
TexasRebel said:

ClickClack said:

astros4545 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Sabathia sucks

CC has been hurling out of his mind this post season...

The thing is, we've already seen him once.

I wish there was a practical reason to switch Springer & Altuve in the lineup. I know Springer can lead off with a run, but Altuve scoring on the first pitch would be game over with 27 outs to play.

Has he though? He didn't get through 5 in game 5 of the Indians series. Got bailed out by a double play ball after they pulled him.
cone
AG
troll?

I'll perma self ban if the Astros win the WS

is that sufficient good faith?
TexasRebel
AG
The Indians looked flat lost until the 5th though. (I thought he'd gone deeper)

If we can copy that and keep the Yanks scoreless through half of game 7... it's at least not a shabby outing.
CFTXAG10
AG
Tons of Astros gear being worn out at the air show
TrillOBrien
AG
I just sat on my laptop and watched the replay of Springer's leap at the wall 30 times
CorpsAg11
AG
cone said:

troll?

I'll perma self ban if the Astros win the WS

is that sufficient good faith?

How about if we win today? Since you have informed us it won't happen
ClickClack
AG
Cigars and rum for Jobu

DVC2010
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Tons of Astros gear being worn out at the air show

Even some of the out-of-state crews.
First Page Last Page
Page 1191 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.