Astros 2016 not so improbable, inconceivable march to the World Series

302,462 Views | 3934 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sea Gull
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Hinch announces Gregerson is the 'primary closer'

Are you effin kidding me? He couldn't wait till we even play the first game before hinching the damn team? #hinched
WES2006AG
AG
I know Giles had a rough spring but I am surprised that Gregorson is going to start off closing. I have to assume this is temporary until Giles gets his **** together.
TexAgs1992
Hinch gonna Hinch.
shano0603
AG
Seriously?

titanmaster_race
quote:
Seriously?

You might be a Yankee if you don't even have the common decency to call your opponents to tell them the game has been cancelled because your city and its weather fking suck.
coastalAg
AG
Ok, which thread is staying and which is going. One of them needs to die.
gougler08
AG
Someone just pron blast the other one with a sock
mAgnoliAg
AG
Why this thread?
mAgnoliAg
AG
We had already planned for a few of us to walk to Northgate in between classes to watch the game. Tomorrow I have class 12:45-3:35
Sea Gull
AG
This thread is for the true fans, it seems. I don't recognize any of the screen names over there so they're probably all just bandwagoners now that we've tasted success.

Pisses me off about Gregerson. Seems like his whining paid off...he's probably my least liked player on the roster. Just way too inconsistent with his pitching plus he's a headcase. Not a good combo for a closer.

JABQ04
AG
Well f***. No reason to get out of bed now until work. Thanks NY.
titanmaster_race
quote:
This thread is for the true fans, it seems. I don't recognize any of the screen names over there so they're probably all just bandwagoners now that we've tasted success.

Pisses me off about Gregerson. Seems like his whining paid off...he's probably my least liked player on the roster. Just way too inconsistent with his pitching plus he's a headcase. Not a good combo for a closer.

you probably don't recognize me. But my good friend mid90 was permabanned by a site owner with no explanation. No posts were moderated. Nothing risqu/NSFW/etc.
iBrad
AG
The save statistic and closer's role has benefited the bank accounts of a lot of pitchers, but it's useless to the game of baseball and only serves to dictate how managers use their bullpen. I say get rid of both.

In a lot of games, it's the pitchers that got the holds that did all the work. The closer then comes in to get an easy three outs, logs the save, and benefits the next time he's a free agent.

I don't blame Gregerson for being outspoken about wanting to be the closer. It's the best spot for him financially.

In this instance, I wish Hinch would have just not named a closer. I'm okay with not naming Giles, as it opens up the possibility to use him whenever he's needed, which managers shy away from when a guy has the "closer" tag.
aggiematt235
AG
ONE TRUE THREAD TO RULE THEM ALL

we need to get some asterisks up in this *****
miller0926
AG
I'm all for Marwin getting the chance to start.... but dang I want to see White get his chance on an opening day. I have no idea what they will do when Gattis returns.
shano0603
AG
quote:
quote:

you probably don't recognize me. But my good friend mid90 was permabanned by a site owner with no explanation. No posts were moderated. Nothing risqu/NSFW/etc.

Titanmaster and mid 90 sure do look a lot alike. Are you twins?
Sea Gull
AG
Titan, mid-90, doesn't matter...we are all bros here.
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
Summit is allowed back at MMP after proving he can be in attendance during wins

rosco511
AG
I highly doubt that was Hinch's sole decision. Considering the magnitude of the trade to get Giles, I highly doubt that such decision was not a group decision made by Luhnow and company.
Ag_07
AG
It's nasty in NYC today but I didn't think it was bad enough to postpone until tomorrow. I think if it wasn't opening day they'd be playing.

Had to change some flights and cancel some meetings but I'm glad we won't be sitting the wintery mix while watching the game.
jkag89
miller0926
AG
quote:
quote:

He probably pron blasted his hot coog girlfriend. He was on the thread every day. Hopefully you make mid90 proud.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Damn mid90 is gone? Tell him to create a sock and get his ass back
titanmaster_race
quote:
titanmaster_race
If he knew he was gonna get permabanned for no reason, he definitely would have gone out in style.
Houston Summit
AG
LOL at these Yankee newbs without a retractable roof on their stadium. Way to ruin Opening Day for everyone
Sea Gull
AG
My man!
Sea Gull
AG
Agree with Summit. Just another reason to hate the damned Yankees. They can't even get Opening Day right.
shano0603
AG
quote:
shano0603
AG

Mathguy64
AG
I understand the financial reality, but man those advertisements suck.
Farmer1906
AG
Looks like Cleveland vs Boston is postponed as well. Crappy opening day.
NotGibbs
What's goin on fellas?
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
What's goin on fellas?
Mr.Ackar07
quote:
Looks like Cleveland vs Boston is postponed as well. Crappy opening day.
mlb.com say postponed due to "cold"
First Page Last Page
Page 3 of 113

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.