Astros 2016 somewhat probable, kinda conceivable march to the World Series

1,755,040 Views | 19466 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mwm
TayTrox
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Something tells me that we are not a good team this year.
mwm
Hinch is a wuss & the team has taken on his personality. Quite frankly, you can cast Lunow into that same pot. Just a bunch of number crunchers.
3B Paul 97
AG
Should I even try to watch the Texans this fall?
iBrad
AG
Who was the guy that said McCullers had more potential than Keuchel? If we're just looking at this season, I think there's a case to be made.
W
AG
Keuchel...this isn't another case of a guy gets paid...got it made...and then production goes in the tank
Cheo
quote:
No. I am convinced that God hates Houston and Houston sports.

We are the ******* city of the major cities in the USA.
aTm2004
AG
Got the thumb?
htxag09
AG
This umps a *****.
aTm2004
AG
No ****. They have 3 runs because of a tight strike zone.
3B Paul 97
AG
quote:
quote:
No. I am convinced that God hates Houston and Houston sports.

We are the ******* city of the major cities in the USA.

Made me laugh.
aTm2004
AG
Springer Dinger!
irish pete ag06
AG
Keuchel isn't right, but if we had robot umpires, he would still be in the game. Dude was painting the black and getting squeezed.
Cheo
**** everyone, we ****ing suck what the ****.

What.The.****.Is.Wrong.With.This.Team.
Frok
AG
Worst pitching staff in majors
BayAg14
Everything. Can't find one positive.
titanmaster_race
Coaches have to start getting fired. Inexcusable to be this bad.
Frok
AG
Clean house. Luhnow should be fired for the Giles trade alone.
mwm
Until Hinch Is gone, I am finished. Young, talented players are being thrown into the dumpster and may be ruined for the remainder of their careers.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Any Hinch defenders still around?
Ag_07
AG
quote:

Not sure if I'd defend him but he's not the problem some of you make him out to be.
iBrad
AG
I guess you can call me one because I don't think Hinch is our biggest problem right now. Far from it, actually.
mazag08
AG
quote:
quote:

Not sure if I'd defend him but he's not the problem some of you make him out to be.

We found the lone supporter left.

How many times did Ag _07 tell us we were all wrong last year when we called Hinch out for his ****.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Hot damn

TREX01
Not beating my chest but I said it
MosesHallRAB04
AG
did they really just say chris carter has 9 homers? ugh, he's probably hitting .325 or something crazy
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
The ****tiness of Castro never ceases to amaze me.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
alright springer, you have to bring him around
irish pete ag06
AG
quote:
I guess you can call me one because I don't think Hinch is our biggest problem right now. Far from it, actually.
I'm also in the camp that Hinch is the not the biggest problem.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm also in the camp that Hinch is the not the biggest problem.

Lol. Okay. Obviously not THE biggest problem but surely we can agree that he is A problem.

Certainly we can agree that he is not a GOOD manager, which is what some people on here have been saying for a looooong time.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
damn, springer hammered that. just didn't hit it in the right spot
titanmaster_race
quote:
Hot damn

Are you kidding me? This ump should be summarily banned from mlb for that call.
irish pete ag06
AG
Who is a good manager? Tell me who you want. I'll hang up and listen.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

How many times did Ag _07 tell us we were all wrong last year when we called Hinch out for his ****.

I wasn't hesitant to acknowledge when Hinch bent us over at times, but he didn't lose us as many games as some you guys like to make it seem.

If you want my .02 we've got two problems...

1) Players who just aren't that good. We're bargain bin dumpster divers.

2) The systematic approach our entire organization takes. There is a reason it's been played the same way for 100 years. The all or nothing plate approach and numbers game is not working. In a game like baseball when the best in the game are successful only 30% of the time that means your players fail 70% of the time. I'd don't think this approach helps those numbers. Take what you can get when you can get it because most of the time you're gonna fail. We don't take advantage of the small windows when they come open.

It's my opinion neither of these are Hinch's fault. It's a systematic, organizational issue that starts at the top. Any manager this regime picks will have the same approach. It won't change.

I know I won't change your opinions, but that's mine and now I'll let you guys pick me apart and yell at scream and curse me out.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
If you really want me to list the managers that I think are better than Hinch, I'll do it but if you're defending him we won't agree regardless.

If you want me to say WHY I think they're all better, that may reach novel status.

You really think there aren't at least 17 MLB managers you wouldn't rather have than Hinch?
titanmaster_race
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I wasn't hesitant to acknowledge when Hinch bent us over at times, but he didn't lose us as many games as some you guys like to make it seem.

If you want my .02 we've got two problems...

1) Players who just aren't that good. We're bargain bin dumpster divers.

2) The systematic approach our entire organization takes. There is a reason it's been played the same way for 100 years. The all or nothing plate approach and numbers game is not working. In a game like baseball when the best in the game are successful only 30% of the time that means your players fail 70% of the time. I'd don't think this approach helps those numbers. Take what you can get when you can get it because most of the time you're gonna fail. We don't take advantage of the small windows when they come open.

It's my opinion neither of these are Hinch's fault. It's a systematic, organizational issue that starts at the top. Any manager this regime picks will have the same approach. It won't change.

I know I won't change your opinions, but that's mine and now I'll let you guys pick me apart and yell at scream and curse me out.

I agree with you. Not sure why there is an ag07 witch hunt going on....

Hinch is a symptom of an organizational issue, not the real problem.
First Page Last Page
Page 16 of 557

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.