Pictures of the Astrodome now.

9,339 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 91AggieLawyer
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First thing I thought of when watching that video is a couple of people would kill themselves falling off a ramp going to the top or committing suicide by jumping from the top and then they'd shut it down.
Frok
AG
Think how much that area would open up with the dome being gone. I think it's ugly having two stadiums on top of eachother.
The Milkman
AG
That video is exactly what I've always wanted the dome to become. It could kind of become our version of Chicago's Millenium Park with outdoor concerts and events. The framework is the iconic dome look, but gets rid of the nasty white siding and all that.
WestTexasAg
AG
Damn. I miss the Oilers.
AgRyan04
It's interesting why these signs would be up.

The Oilers moved after the '96 season and the Astros stopped using that logo in '93 (but didnt move to MMP until 2000)
Beau Bevers
AG
It was for the Friday Night Lights movie. They depicted the state championship game being played at the Dome, even though it was actually in Irving that year.
AgRyan04
Ahhhhhh
Al Bula
AG
The Dome sucks. Scumbag Ed Emmett figured out a way to make money off it by renovating it for his buddies and himself too im sure. Well, his dumbass was voted out of office due to straight ticket.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

that $78M number is bunk

Texas Stadium cost about 6 to implode, something you probably couldn't do to the Dome. Add abatement costs, a decade of increased labor and materials costs, and I'd say you're looking at at least 20 million; 25 more likely.

The 79 figure was probably floated so City of Houston officials could up the price as high as possible and pay off political cronies who did the work.

I made this suggestion to the Dallas ISD Athletic director before they tore down Reunion Arena -- give Reunion to the DISD and let them office out of it. Use it for sporting events. Since Houston still owes money on the Dome, do the same thing to the Dome -- give it to HISD.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.