Cubs thread v2.0

821,140 Views | 6959 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by AgRyan04
AgRyan04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Apparently TOO good to be just a dugout reporter!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AgShaun00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgRyan04 said:

Apparently TOO good to be just a dugout reporter!

saw her doing some football stuff and wondering how long she would last when she was on ESPN with the FSU game. damn she is a piggie though
10andBOUNCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgShaun00 said:

Hate to see TMac go. She was good reporter in dugout.

Agree! Biggest priority to fill her shoes in the offseason!
10andBOUNCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems like this weekend might be a mess. Padres and Phillies apparently vetoed the idea of the Cubs hosting the last series vs Boston (who was OK with). Now a double header (maybe) today and who knows about the rest of the weekend. May have to travel to Tampa to finish the series.
LouisHerbertWong
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Padres in San Diego, then potentially Brewers in Milwaukee. Yowser.
texsn95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep, they better sack up and bring the lumber.
10andBOUNCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like all three games in SD have a 9pm CT start
AgRyan04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm going to be so, so tired by the time Friday morning rolls around
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AgRyan04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glad to see Breggy back in form today!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AgFrogfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
10andBOUNCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know it is crazy to say out loud, but I would think David Peterson has to get a start in this series. Probably has been their best starter in the last month (or two)?

Maybe...
Game 1 Boyd
Game 2 Peterson
Game 3 Holmes/Shota
AgRyan04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Honestly, I'd have Gausman ahead of Shota if he's healthy - I know he banged up his glove arm shoulder making that tag play the other day.

Shota just makes me so nervous with the long ball
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
10andBOUNCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I completely agree, just assuming he will not be available based on some of his comments. But certainly would be nice to have him at least close to 100% good to go.

However I will take the Shota we have gotten here in September...
24 IP
17 Hits
2 BBs
26 Ks
2.25 ERA
0.79 WHIP
2 HRs allowed

AgRyan04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow - I knew he was pitching better but I didn't realize how much better he has been recently
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
10andBOUNCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He is streaky, so one of those deals where you might have a quick leash if he's not looking right.
texsn95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So make your pick!

Cubs in 2! Offense rakes
10andBOUNCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I see you have some leftover maroon koolaid that isn't needed anymore this fall on the gridiron
AgRyan04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Go Cubs Go!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AgShaun00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cubs will be ahead in the first 6 innings of each game.
AgFrogfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Helluva weekend to be a Chi-Town Sports fan.

+ President's Cup @ da Medinah CC with a solid comeback finish
+ White Sox make da Playoffs (Da' Pope)
+ Cubbies make da Playoffs (Da' Cubs)
+ Da Bears mauled da eagles and stealt the nest from a team that has been to 2 Super Bowls in the last 4 years
+ Da Blackhawks start their regular season tonight with "Kaner" returning.

Sweet Home, Chicago

texsn95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
10andBOUNCE said:

I see you have some leftover maroon koolaid that isn't needed anymore this fall on the gridiron

Haha, great start! JFC
AgRyan04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think it's pretty special that both teams are commemorating Motorola with sleeve patches.


That's the highlight thus far
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AgFrogfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Friars are blowing their load on Game 1. That's a bold move Goose Gossage.
Langley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgFrogfan said:

The Friars are blowing their load on Game 1. That's a bold move Goose Gossage.


They didn't use any of their bullpen…and the offense was already one of the hottest in mlb coming into the playoffs
AgShaun00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lay an egg
AgRyan04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very strange season

Very much a what could have been. Offense was electric - Bregman's second half was incredible and PCA was so much fun to watch. The pitching was horrific - but mostly because of injuries - Steele, Horton out for almost the entire year combined with a litany of shorter injuries - there was a stretch in time where only one of our original five starters was healthy. They did a great job at the deadline shoring up the rotation, but the bullpen was about as bad as I can remember....too many long balls allowed.

Wait til next year!
AgRyan04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who will be the LFer next year?

Will they bring Seyia back?


Or is it too soon to get into hot stove?
Biz Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CBS Sports brutally honest take.

What's next for Cubs?

Going to be a very busy offseason.

10andBOUNCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgRyan04 said:

Who will be the LFer next year?

Will they bring Seyia back?


Or is it too soon to get into hot stove?

Never too soon for the hot stove!

I think the priority will be Seiya back as one of the corner OF. It will be interesting to see if he can top the deal he got out of Japan (5/85). I don't think he gets the 5 years but he very well may get that total dollar amount. Cubs will surely tag him with a Qualifying Offer (if that is even still a thing with the new CBA in limbo).

Happ is an interesting and polarizing guy, and he has crept up some of the all-time Cubs leaderboards, like home runs. It is reported he would take a "discount" to stay and he clearly loves being a Cub. I don't think they bring him back, unless it is a shorter term deal. Maybe 2/20? He didn't have a good walk year, but I could see him really putting in the work to hold off much more decline in the next year or so.

Randy Arozarena would be another option as a LFer but his main knock is his defense, which would sting if we move on from Happ's gold glove.

I honestly do not know what they do with pitching, but do not see them seriously going after Skubal. I don't think the SP free agent class is not all that interesting unfortunately, so the Cubs will need to be a bit crafty. I liked what I saw from David Peterson and would be fine bringing him back as more depth than a key guy. Freddy Peralta is kind of interesting as a bounce back guy. Michael King will likely be available after opting out. I could see them wanting to bring back Clay Holmes who will likely opt out of his contract. I think Casey Mize is interesting. Just not many ace-level options available. What they really need is for Edward Cabrera to not be a complete turd. I don't really know what to expect out of Steele, but I would not count on a full workload. Horton hurt himself almost the exact same time Steele did, so we clearly can't bank on him being back for any significant part of the season. The hope is that he does come back around the ASB and fits back into a top of the rotation guy.

They desperately need Palencia and Zeferjahn to be high leverage guys. IF they can get those two back to form and get a good version of Webb, that is not too shabby of a back end, but they clearly need to add a stud RP. I would love Morejon from the Padres who is going to be a FA and will likely get 50M + (probably from the Dodgers). Bednar would be the next big name RP. One guy to be hopeful for is Shelby Miller, who couldn't quite make it back this year from his rehab. He should be counted on for higher leverage.

Carson Kelly will likely opt out of his mutual option and I'd love to re-up with him for another year until Owen Ayers can step in. Or they may feel good about Owen Ayers and Miguel Amaya going forward.

Infield is obviously set. I will be curious if they try to move one of Shaw or Ramirez for a SP. I think Shaw's value is down a bit from where it was a year ago. I imagine they would prefer to hold on to Ramirez despite Shaw's versatility. I can't see how they keep both of them, however. I suppose it is possible that Shaw takes the LF or RF spot depending on what they do out there.



AgRyan04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I agree on Seyia....I appreciate Happ's career at Wrigley but I'm OK with letting him walk. I would be disappointed if Shaw is handed the LF spot - I love the guy but I don't think that is a step towards a better team in '27.

I also agree on Skubal - they have too many arms they're going to need to replace/upgrade to go all in on the golden arm.

I think they need 2 (or 3) upgrades in the bullpen. I'm not confident that Palencia/Zeff/Webb will all rebound from the dreadful second half. I don't think you can add just one arm and keep the fanbase because the pen was so, so, so bad....unless it is a lock down established closer and you're going to bump the aforementioned trio up to earlier innings in the game that are lower stress and you still have some at bats to have a chance to overcome the 2 or 3 run HR.
First Page Refresh
Page 199 of 199 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.