************* Houston Rockets 23-24 Season thread ****************

63,854 Views | 681 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Guitarsoup
shano0603
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Never thought I'd be excited about the rockets using the 3rd overall pick on Mr. Rogers grandson.
Jackal99
AG
Stephen A seems to love the pick.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
BayAg_14 said:

Give my boy a south side fade stat.
Buddy came here straight from the set of Hoosiers.
Guitarsoup
AG
Jackal99 said:

Stephen A seems to love the pick.
Thoughts and prayers.
BayAg_14
JPN06
Why did we draft Matt Maloney?
Texaggie7nine
7nine
AG@RICE
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
ds00
Not bad for a second round pick. Another shooter.
Guitarsoup
AG
AJ still has a lot of promise. Good pickup
M.C. Swag
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

I'm gonna be honest, I don't understand this for either team. The Rockets already have 7 LOTTERY players on rookie deals. Now they add AJ Griffin (basically a lotto pick from 2 years)? 8/15 roster spots are ostensibly college age kids. AJ is a combo forward who joins the biggest logjam in the NBA; the rockets wing group. With Eason, Jabari, Whitmore, Thompson AND Brooks all slated to play the 3 or 4, I'm not sure how AJ fits?

And that's without considering how the rockets are going to prioritize developing Green and Sheppard in the backcourt who will need volume touches (something AJ also needs).

Conversely wtf is atlanta doing? They basically just salary dumped the 16th overall pick from a MUCH stronger draft class for the 44th pick of this garbage fire class? The only thing that makes sense is that AJ's knee (or mental health) is cooked and it helps Atlanta's salary cap to dump him and it helps Houston offload a 2nd rd pick they can't roster anyways for a guy they can cut or move later.
Guitarsoup
AG
Atlanta just used the number one overall pic for a player at Griffin's position.

And they have tax issues
M.C. Swag
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Atlanta just used the number one overall pic for a player at Griffin's position.

And they have tax issues
The last part is what I said. It makes sense if Atlanta did the move for cap relief and think AJ's medical history is too much to overcome.

And Risacher/AJ could theoretically fit together. I think this has more to do with doubt over AJ than fit concerns.
superaggie73
AG
I think this means he'll take Jeff Green's/Tate's spot on the bench and those guys are being packaged for someone else as cap filler.
AG@RICE
AG
Even though I wanted Shead with that pick, I think it's a really good trade. AJ shot 39% from 3 his rookie year, but had a weird season last year. He was a really good prospect coming out of college and still has plenty of potential. A second round pick was an extremely low price to pay given that the player we drafted probably would have been a d-league project. Great job by Stone to add another shooter.
Guitarsoup
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.