***********2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

258,460 Views | 4288 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Guitarsoup
flashplayer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
superunknown said:

Like we're in the junior high lunch line and I trade you my pudding cup so I can move in front of you in line.

Except there's only one cup of gravy left for the chicken fried steak and I will be taking it.
Earth Rider
AG
I wonder how much cash money? Pay off a mortgage? New car?
Guitarsoup
AG
Spanish Topic that plays defense
West Texan
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Cash? Sigh.

I was excited for Furphy and we just tossed him aside for a guy who will suite up for the silver and black.

I think I hate this trade more than trading the eight.

You claimed that trading #8 was proof that Brian Wright is clueless and that the game has passed Pop by, but you hate this trade more?!? What's the appropriate response to a draft stash 2nd rounder? Move the team out of San Antonio?
flashplayer
AG
We aren't getting any immediate help from any guy in this 2nd round. We are clearly saving roster spots for FA. Chill y'all.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Huskies still on the board.
West Texan
AG
flashplayer said:

We aren't getting any immediate help from any guy in this 2nd round. We are clearly saving roster spots for FA. Chill y'all.

Absolutely not! Clearly we should have picked (insert name here) and that would have been the difference in winning a championship or being in the lottery next year!!!!

This is sarcasm, in case anyone didn't know…
superunknown
AG
flashplayer said:

superunknown said:

Like we're in the junior high lunch line and I trade you my pudding cup so I can move in front of you in line.

Except there's only one cup of gravy left for the chicken fried steak and I will be taking it.

Chicken fried steak without gravy is woke garbage
flashplayer
AG
It's not a bad strategy to take a ton of draft and stash guys from Europe and keep our 2 way pipeline full using these thousands of 2nd round picks we have the next several years.

Even if we only hit on 1 out of 5, we will be able to bring those guys in to fill needs during Vic's prime.
Enzo The Baker
AG
ESPN has covered NBA drafts for years but still can't cover NBA drafts.
superunknown
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Spanish Topic that plays defense

If he's Combo Loco Ricky Rubio I'm good with it.
flashplayer
AG
Also sounds like he could turn into a Manu-lite type.
jteagle
AG
Some people just aren't happy unless they're miserable.
Guitarsoup
AG
jteagle said:

Oh so you've been to Spurs FB groups and reddit?
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

jteagle said:

Or Spurstalk
jteagle
AG
Guitarsoup said:

jteagle said:

No, Twitter is enough for me but I can imagine it's the same.
Guitarsoup
AG
Would be funny to draft Bronny at 48 with the Lakers pick them only offer him a two-way.
superunknown
AG
Liked his highlight reel on the draft coverage.

Also i don't hate seeing Cassidy Hubarth on TV. I wish she wasn't on ESPN.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Would be funny to draft Bronny at 48 with the Lakers pick them only offer him a two-way.

Same. Klutch is the absolute worst.
Guitarsoup
AG

Hawks getting Serbian Keldon
jteagle
AG

Guitarsoup
AG
Then Miami takes my guy Larsson
FTAG 2000
AG
West Texan said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Cash? Sigh.

I was excited for Furphy and we just tossed him aside for a guy who will suite up for the silver and black.

You claimed that trading #8 was proof that Brian Wright is clueless and that the game has passed Pop by, but you hate this trade more?!? What's the appropriate response to a draft stash 2nd rounder? Move the team out of San Antonio?
We need more talent.

So far we've passed on using two of our three draft picks to acquire more of it.

I can reasonably understand trading that eight, it let them avoid a healthy contract and cap hit.

Taking a shot on talent at second round prices? Come on....

Compare this with OKC, a substantially more talented roster than ours, taking three cracks at finding more depth and talent.

Somewhere Presti's sitting in a conference room laughing his ass off at his old boss.
LawHall88
AG
flashplayer
AG
You are dead wrong.

We got Castle, who many people really think is a player.

We only traded 1 pick away (the 8th) but it got replaced with assets that probably work out to a wash worst case and a steal best case. We used our 3rd pick also, albeit for a guy who meeds to work on getting quicker and improving his shooting so he can be a good bench sparkplug. That's not a waste until he flames out.
Guitarsoup
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

West Texan said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Cash? Sigh.

We need more talent.

So far we've passed on using two of our three draft picks to acquire more of it.

I can reasonably understand trading that eight, it let them avoid a healthy contract and cap hit.

Taking a shot on talent at second round prices? Come on....

Compare this with OKC, a substantially more talented roster than ours, taking three cracks at finding more depth and talent.

Somewhere Presti's sitting in a conference room laughing his ass off at his old boss.

We have 3-4 open roster spots and had 4 draft picks and 3 free agents.

Free agents will be able to help more immediately and you need an open roster spots to sign them.

You have to create roster space somehow and we are doing it
flashplayer
AG
He just wants them to sign a bunch of 2nd rounders so he can piss and moan when they don't have any roster spots for free agents
superunknown
AG
Just my 2 cents but eventually people are going to get tired of trying to reason with you. If you wanna be mad, that's fine. The absurd amount of trades this year (even for the typical NBA 2nd round flea market bazaar) is a big tell that there's not a huge amount of talent in this draft and teams are honing on "their" guy who they've determined fits what they want. It's clear the Spurs haven't seen the talent they want in this year's draft pool and are just fine holding back to address the roster shortcomings in ways outside the draft and likely not until mid-season or next year's off season.
Guitarsoup
AG
Bridges and Ajinca on the board
jteagle
AG
I would like to see Bridges here.
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Harrison Ingram
Guitarsoup
AG

jteagle
AG
Seems like a smart kid.
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
Texas boy! I remember when we were recruiting him, he was a beast in HS. Type of pedigree you take a swing on but I doubt he ever makes the real roster.
First Page Last Page
Page 119 of 123

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.