***Official 2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

244,789 Views | 5441 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by ramblin_ag02
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Actually, think it hit them then us. His ass then our leg
shack009
AG
Infection_Ag11
AG
94chem said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

We may end up winning one of the ugliest playoff games in the current era of offensive basketball, but this should have been so much easier. We've had so many long scoring droughts for OKC where we just turned it over, missed free throws and wide open shots and missed the chance to put the game emotionally out of reach for them.

This game has everything from the 90's except Patrick Ewing backing someone down for 15 seconds and bricking a fadeaway.

At least the nature of basketball back then meant the 91-87 games were due to missing contested shots all night. Dallas has missed more wide open jumpers and floaters from 15 feet and in than they have the entire postseason combined. I bet the number is at least 7.

This is so much more frustrating because the Thunder actually are just being stifled. They're giving us wide open corner threes and running jumpers and we're missing. And half the t turnovers are unforced.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
zgolfz85
AG
gigem1223 said:

zgolfz85 said:

We're begging them to get back into it. I don't get it

They're the #1 seed for a reason. Did you think this was going to be easy?

No, but they're not beating us, not close. We're beating ourselves. Cliche, but this is so bad. I think we pull it out, but damn this game could've been over long ago
Infection_Ag11
AG
gigem1223 said:

zgolfz85 said:

This is self inflicted. The nature of the missed shots in totality is wildly different. And OKC is hitting their FTs, we aren't.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gigem1223
You're not giving enough credit to the defensive effort on both sides (Luka included).
PatAg
AG
Let's get a strong 2-3 min out of this timeout. Have the answers Luka/Kyrie
94chem
Infection_Ag11 said:

94chem said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

We may end up winning one of the ugliest playoff games in the current era of offensive basketball, but this should have been so much easier. We've had so many long scoring droughts for OKC where we just turned it over, missed free throws and wide open shots and missed the chance to put the game emotionally out of reach for them.

This game has everything from the 90's except Patrick Ewing backing someone down for 15 seconds and bricking a fadeaway.

At least the nature of basketball back then meant the 91-87 games were due to missing contested shots all night. Dallas has missed more wide open jumpers and floaters from 15 feet and in than they have the entire postseason combined. I bet the number is at least 7.

This is so much more frustrating because the Thunder actually are just being stifled. They're giving us wide open corner threes and running jumpers and we're missing. And half the t turnovers are unforced.
fade away.

Nah, teams just shot like crap in the 90's. Rockets actually played offense in '95. Would have been fun to see them play CHI.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
shack009
AG
zgolfz85 said:

gigem1223 said:

zgolfz85 said:

No, but they're not beating us, not close. We're beating ourselves. Cliche, but this is so bad. I think we pull it out, but damn this game could've been over long ago

Yep. We still haven't had a game where we've shot well from 2. OKC lucky that this game and last game weren't runaways.
PatAg
AG
What an absurd foul call on Kyrie
DannyDuberstein
AG
Wtf was that call in this game. Wow
PatAg
AG
No chet= attack rim
shack009
AG
Gafford was hammered on that make
shack009
AG
Shot click should not have gone to 14 because they rebounded the ball and then we tied them up. Refs are so bad
zgolfz85
AG
Can someone at least contact SGA? Feels like dude doesn't have a single bruise this series.
Coachbro20
If Jones Jr could make a three it would be nice
94chem
Jones shooting a 3 pointer is what OKC dreams about.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
PatAg
AG
Kyrie been a little too passive for my liking
Getting jones a shot there is not ideal
Infection_Ag11
AG
This is the type of statistical outlier loss that teams can't recover from. These series are too hard to win to give away games that the numbers say you should win every single time.

Again, I would venture to say no team has won a road playoff with the aggregate numbers the Thunder have tonight in YEARS.
mncag
It's not like the Mavericks to choke down the stretch but they are choking this one away
PatAg
AG
Why does Kidd have Hardaway jr in
HawthornAggie
AG
Can't make a shot
zgolfz85
AG
**** me
zgolfz85
AG
Wow Tim
PatAg
AG
PatAg said:

Why does Kidd have Hardaway jr in

Gotta do that to counteract defensive mismatch
PatAg
AG
Double dribble?
shack009
AG
Oh my god double dribble. This is so ****ing stupid
zgolfz85
AG
There's the Tim we know
PatAg
AG
Hardaway in during clutch minutes why Kidd?
gigem1223
THJ giveth and he taketh away
HawthornAggie
AG
That one hurt
shack009
AG
I really don't want to see or hear **** about the Mavs having a stupid game. The refs fingerprints are all over this one. It wasn't even close to a fair fight.
mncag
Out played them all game choked at the end choke,
Infection_Ag11
AG
This is what you get for letting them hang around
zgolfz85
AG
14 turnovers
First Page Last Page
Page 87 of 156

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.