Ja

5,943 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Carlo4
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This dude is absolutely electric. The stuff he does on the court at his size is insane.

Iowaggie
AG
Part of Steven Adams job should be to just look to catch Ja anytime he may land awkwardly because he's likely to get injured again before the post-season

Crowd Note: Game was in Indiana

There was also this play
MookieBlaylock
AG
At his size?
Ain't like he is Spud Webb or Nate Rob
Know Your Enemy
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

At his size?
Ain't like he is Spud Webb or Nate Rob

He's 6'1" and playing well above the rim. That's not very common.
MookieBlaylock
AG
6 foot 2 not 5"5

Know Your Enemy
AG
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Trying not to take it for granted because the last time I remember a player producing at least two highlights per game that make your jaw drop was Vince Carter. Like it's a guaranteed show. Kevin Garnett tweeted out the other day that when it's all said and done, Ja Morant might be the best in-game dunker in NBA history and I'm inclined to agree. It's honestly incredible to watch.
MookieBlaylock
AG
so you redoing the draft and taking Morant over Baby Huey Zion ?
knoxtom
While he is spectacular, I don't know that he is really good yet. I give you he makes a lot of holy crap plays, but the team's record is way better without him.

It also just kills me to watch him travel so much and never get it called. He literally just picks up the ball and runs 4-5 steps over and over. Plus he can't shoot.

Every time I watch him my mind just says "Westbrook."
Harry Dunne
MookieBlaylock
AG
He was a acting all tough until Adams came over
He don't want that smoke
Harry Dunne
I did not realize that Usher was Ja Morants dad.
Iowaggie
AG
Harry Dunne said:

I did not realize that Usher was Ja Morants dad.

MookieBlaylock
AG
And how is Sharpe not receiving a lifetime ban from the arena for engaging and fighting with players?

Iowaggie
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

And how is Sharpe not receiving a lifetime ban from the arena for engaging and fighting with players?

He's LeBron's buddy. He's a big name and in the media. The NBA and the Lakers won't do jack, which is interesting because it seems like LeBron (and Westbrook) have asked more than once to have some fan ejected.

I really dislike Shannon Sharpe after I found myself defending Skip Bayless about the Hamlin tweet, but both those guys are getting people to talk about them, and I would not be surprised to see they get a slight bump in their ratings to start the week. It's a commentary about sport fandom now a days as to how essential those types of shows are to morning sport shows.

Lake08
If Sharpe was white, he'd be banned for life

AND they let him back in the arena. Disgusting
Know Your Enemy
AG
Lake08 said:

If Sharpe was not a famous athlete, he'd be banned for life

AND they let him back in the arena. Disgusting

Fixed it for you.
Harry Dunne
Correct.

He's getting a pass from the NBA & staples center because he's a celebrity. He may, however, be getting a pass on that cardigan because he's black.
PatAg
AG
Ja Morant in the news again
MookieBlaylock
AG
Go on Mr Official
coastalAg
AG
Back in the news again for all the wrong reasons. Hopefully this dude wakes up before it's too late.
Iowaggie
AG

He's deactivated his twitter and IG. Something that would have made a lot of sense about 2 years ago.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
He wants to be Allen Iverson so bad.
Lake08
One word describes Ja…….
Marvin
AG
The previous incidents could not be corroborated. So basically this punk is not only a thug but a liar as well.

You're such a badass, own up to it.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Guitarsoup
AG
As long as he didn't give the gun to a member of the Criminal Tide, he's fine by me
Iowaggie
AG
Could get a 50+ game suspension if it is shown he brought the gun on plane or team facilities.
Lake08
Such a punk. Suspend his ass with no pay. He will Tupac his arse out of life
The Porkchop Express
Head Ninja In Charge said:

He wants to be Allen Iverson so bad.
Iverson just had his bodyguard beat people up, he didn't wave a gun around in a strip club when he was one of the top 8-10 talents in the league.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
GigEmMortis
AG
Lake08 said:

One word describes Ja…….
Go on...
Iowaggie
AG
An interesting potential outcome that's a big negative for Ja but a big positive for the Grizzlies:
If Ja doesn't make All-NBA this season, his contract locks in at the the rookie 25% max, so approximately 5 years/$193M. If Ja makes even the 3rd team All NBA, his contract goes to the 30% max, or approximately 5 years/$231M. Those numbers might not be right.

Longer the suspension, less likely of any post-season award, except maybe the All-NRA team.
fixer
50 games holy hell.
Señor Chang
AG
Wait, what?
fixer
I worded that wrong...that is what he might get...
Iowaggie
AG
Steven Adams now out for remainder of season.

There is an outcome within the universe of realistic options where the Grizzlies fall to the play-in tournament, where 3 of the 4 teams are from the Southwest division while the other two SW division teams fight for the NBA's worst record.

Question: If a team wins a division, but finishes in 7th place, do they avoid the play-in and bump #6 down?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.