NBA streaming service?

1,644 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Iowaggie
chris1515
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I live in Dallas and was thinking about subscribing to the NBAs streaming package for all teams, and having a friend in another state pay for it.
Does anyone know if that would allow me to stream the Mavs, or are blackouts based on location services and not the address of the subscriber?
Iowaggie
AG
Unless something has changed, I think the only thing that matters is your location when you actually watch the game, not where it is purchased. Thus, illegal stream or VPNs is required. Others can give their actual experience, but it used to be quite frustrating. I don't know if the Bally Sports + app is an option yet for watching a local team without cable/DirecTv.

Side note: I heard the NBA is giving away League Pass for this year for all season ticket holders. Not sure if anyone can verify.
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
Thus far league pass has cracked down on VPN usage so the only way to go is the streaming way.
Iowaggie
AG
I would suggest the Bally's sports app if you want to watch your local market team without cable.

I have no idea on the quality this year, but they do have a 7-day trial.

It is $20 per month, which is why I just decided to pick up a more expensive cable package instead of a streaming service + Bally's. I suppose Sling Orange package ($35/month) combined with the Bally's app probably saves a few bucks.
chris1515
AG
I bought a Roku and signed up for Ballys.
It works great for Mavs games.
Iowaggie
AG
Saw this on FB board

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.