2021-2022 NBA Season

8,261 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by West Texan
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thread for general league stuff.

Jokic could receive a little suspension after retaliating on Markieff Morris's cheap shot who also deserves a suspension

MW03
AG
Smartest guy on the floor was Herro. Dude started to run up and noped right out. The Morris Bros are the worst, anyway. Markief not only threw an elbow at the MVP down 18 with 2:30 to play, but he also went after Jokic's knee. Got tossed to the ground for his trouble and then did his best Paul Pierce impression.

As for Jokic, I don't think he and his crazy brothers are afraid of anyone. Those dudes are actually the guys the Morris Bros pretend to be.
Guitarsoup
AG
Too bad Morris wasn't as hurt as he pretended to be.
Guitarsoup
AG
https://streamable.com/itqt5k

Refs finally starting to call Harden for his bull**** arm hooking.
Iowaggie
AG
Guitarsoup said:

https://streamable.com/itqt5k

Refs finally starting to call Harden for his bull**** arm hooking.

Watching games this year has been so much better.

So many fewer free throws and non basketball moves.

Games can now be over in 2 hours.
South Platte
Guitarsoup said:

Too bad Morris wasn't as hurt as he pretended to be.
No doubt. Morris started it.
South Platte
Iowaggie said:

Thread for general league stuff.

Jokic could receive a little suspension after retaliating on Markieff Morris's cheap shot who also deserves a suspension

Love Jimmy Butler. Protect your teammate on the floor, but I bet he gave it to Morris in the locker room for a cheap shot down 20 at the end of the game.
COAg15
AG
Look I realize I'm slightly biased living in Denver, and hating the Morris twins... That being said...

Butler only started barking when Jokic got all the way back to his bench. Felt like all bark no bite, and I am a big Jimmy guy overall. He is a beast.

Terrible retaliation by Jokic, should be fined and suspended a game. I'd argue Morris should too. That cheap shot was dirty as they come, which fits the bill for him and his brother.
MW03
AG
Everyone keeps talking about the elbow to the ribs, and with good cause, but I'm convinced it was a distraction to what he was really trying to do.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Bro, I ****ing hate the Morris twins.
South Platte
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Bro, I ****ing hate the Morris twins.
So I grew up loving the Pistons and their physical style of play. Rasheed Wallace too. In my memory I viewed them as tough but weren't trying to actually injure someone. Am I wrong?
PatAg
AG
the morris twins are definitely trying to injure people, his brother pulled a bunch of **** against Luka in the playoffs

The new euro players arent soft though
MW03
AG
PatAg said:

the morris twins are definitely trying to injure people, his brother pulled a bunch of **** against Luka in the playoffs

The new euro players arent soft though

Saint Pablo
MW03 said:

Smartest guy on the floor was Herro. Dude started to run up and noped right out. The Morris Bros are the worst, anyway. Markief not only threw an elbow at the MVP down 18 with 2:30 to play, but he also went after Jokic's knee. Got tossed to the ground for his trouble and then did his best Paul Pierce impression.

As for Jokic, I don't think he and his crazy brothers are afraid of anyone. Those dudes are actually the guys the Morris Bros pretend to be.
Herro acted like he was gonna run in was HILARIOUS. Dude would've gotten his ass beat.

The Morris bros are the most fake tough guys in the league.
MookieBlaylock
AG
My vote for fake tough guy is Lebron
Iowaggie
AG
COAg15 said:

Look I realize I'm slightly biased living in Denver, and hating the Morris twins... That being said...

Butler only started barking when Jokic got all the way back to his bench. Felt like all bark no bite, and I am a big Jimmy guy overall. He is a beast.

Terrible retaliation by Jokic, should be fined and suspended a game. I'd argue Morris should too. That cheap shot was dirty as they come, which fits the bill for him and his brother.

If you rewatch the video again, look at Butler when Morris fouls and Jokic retaliates. He has his back turned for both. I don't think he saw Jokic's retaliation until he was on the bench, which would be why he didn't react stronger at the beginning.

Herro saw it, saw Jokic, and did the slow walk hoping that refs or other players would get between he and Jokic.

I am not sure what Lowry was doing. He probably didn't feel like facing down Jokic after he saw what frequent cheap shot offender M. Morris did.

Bam chose to not get a fine. Knew Morris wasn't worth it, but I don't think Bam is someone who would back down.
AG@RICE
AG
Ya, I'm not messing with the Joker...ever.

I'd rather spar with Jimmy Butler in the parking lot than deal with Joker's brothers...

For reference:

COAg15
AG
Yeah that very well could be the case with Jimmy. Herro didn't want that smoke either.

I think Bam knows better. Bam seems like a guy who could see the situation, be upset at Nikola, but keep his head cool.

Will be super interested what the league does in response.
Saint Pablo
MookieBlaylock said:

My vote for fake tough guy is Lebron
LeBron is more fake, but Morris bros act more tough. How about that?
South Platte
AG@RICE said:

Ya, I'm not messing with the Joker...ever.

I'd rather spar with Jimmy Butler in the parking lot than deal with Joker's brothers...

For reference:

I think I saw those guys in the movie Taken. Rough part of Europe, better be nice to Joker, his brothers are in the disposal business.
Iowaggie
AG
I think Jokic deserves a game or three suspension and a fine, but after the NBA gave repeat offender Patrick Beverley only one game for this cheap shot on Paul, I don't see how Jokic gets more than a game + fine.

Bev on Paul should have been a lot more.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I'm massive fan of Chris Paul's game but if we're talking about power rankings of guys you don't mind getting cheap shotted while their backs are turned, CP3 and the Morris twins have to make up the top 3, right? They're literally the dirtiest players in the NBA, 1 through 3.
Iowaggie
AG
Jokic given one game

LawHall88
AG
LawHall88
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
LawHall88 said:

They need to bring this back. I've had 'abracadabra, razzmatazz' stuck in my head the entire weekend.
LawHall88
AG
Saint Pablo
Guitarsoup
AG
Bron is a *****.

https://streamable.com/66oij7
PatAg
AG
I don't get how anyone likes LeBron, aside from just being very good at the game of course.
Iowaggie
AG
If only this has happened two days earlier. The 19th is the anniversary of the Malice in the Palace now 17 years ago.

I'm guessing Lebron gets 1 game, maybe 2.

Kobe got just 1 game for hitting Manu in face and for doing the same to Adriana Lima's (former) husband.

Stewart will get fined.
Guitarsoup
AG
LawHall88
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Bron called it bull**** that he was suspended for 1 game for hitting a guy in the face so hard it opened cuts on his mouth and eye.
Not a Bot
AG
A little math on how much these fines actually matter to rich athletes.

Not counting endorsements, LeBron will bring in $41.18 million this year.

He was just fined $15,000.

Doing some back of the napkin math, this would be like a guy making $50,000 a year being fined $18.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.