DISCUSSION: ALL NBA 2021

2,083 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Head Ninja In Charge
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who would y'all have on the All NBA teams if y'all had a ballot? I think I'd go
First team:
G: Luka
G: Steph
F: Giannis
F: Kawhi
C: Jokic

Second
G: Harden
G: Dame
F: Jimmy Butler
F: LeBron
C: Joel Embiid
Iowaggie
AG
The question will be if they try to get Dame or Embiid in the first team in place of Kawhi by putting Luka or Jokic in the Forward spot, but I think Kawhi stays there.

Second team will have Dame and Embiid (or Kawhi).

CP3 will be in over Harden.
Randle will be 2nd team (instead of Butler).

Third team
Donovan Mitchell
Jimmy Butler
Gobert
Zion
Paul George

Jason Tatum would be the next forward in.
Harden has missed a lot of the season, and those 8 games with the Rockets should be held against him for his pathetic performance. I don't think he should be recognized as top 15 seasons. I'd rather see Westbrook or Beal on 3rd Team instead of Harden. Or Booker.

First
Luka
Steph
Jokic
Giannis
Kawhi

Second
CP3
Dame
Embiid
LeBron
Julius Randle

Third team
Donovan Mitchell
Jimmy Butler
Gobert
Zion
Paul George
Saint Pablo
I am very curious to see if enough voters vote to get Embiid and Jokic into the starting lineup. All fair criticisms. Harden was just on a whole other level when he was healthy and an absolute pleasure to watch in Brooklyn, I have a hard time keeping him off, but I do get the case. CP3 is definitely worthy for how much he has elevated that team. I'd have a hard time with Russ or Beal personally.
Ulrich
TIL that I've become completely disconnected from the NBA.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
First Team:
G: Chris Paul
G: Luka Doncic
F: Giannis Antetokounmpo
F: Julius Randle
C: Nikola Jokic

Second Team:
G: Damian Lillard
G: Steph Curry
F: Zion Williamson
F: Kawhi Leonard
C: Joel Embiid

Third Team:
G: Russell Westbrook
G: Kyrie Irving
F: Jimmy Butler
F: Jayson Tatum
C: Rudy Gobert
Iowaggie
AG
It will be interesting to see the impact of games missed on the selections, and conversely, do players who missed very, very few games get rewarded.

It is quite possible the Nets get a top 2-3 seed in the East, rep the East in the championship game and possibly win it, with no player on the All-NBA team because of games missed.
Ex-liberalag12
Anybody watching Carusso? He's been put in a tough but opportunistic position and doing very well.

I watch him every game. He is unbelievable and if he continues with his offensive aggression dude could be unstoppable with his versatility.
Iowaggie
AG
Here is the COY results
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Iowaggie said:

Here is the COY results

If you watched the first round, McMillian shoulda got a few more votes!
PascalsWager
AG
The players have figured out that trying hard in the regular season is not worth it. The regular season is further diluted and means almost nothing. Therefore these awards mean nothing.

Russ being on an All-NBA team is hilarious. He deserves it. But it doesn't mean anything.

Narratively as fans we only reward the playoffs. Make these teams and awards about the whole season. Because I want to know who the best players in the league are. I don't care who hustles hardest in meaningless mid January Wednesday night games when the best players in the league are sitting out or giving 50% effort.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Iowaggie
AG
Who the crap is giving D. Rose an MVP vote?

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Snubs: Russell Westbrook, Donovan Mitchell, Jayson Tatum, Zion Williamson, Devin Booker. I would have taken any one of those guys over LeBron who played only 45 games and barely got into the playoffs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.