NBA Top Shots

3,315 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Head Ninja In Charge
Ranger222
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else here on the site and purchasing moments??

-------------

I Spent $35000 on a Video You Can Find All Over the Internet: Here's Why
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
mavsfan4ever
AG
I went in together with 4-5 friends and we are buying them. It's alot of fun.

My initial reaction was this is dumb as ***** But then after reading the article you linked, we decided it might actually be something that sticks around and would be fun.
NoahAg
How dumb
Bullpen Chias
AG
No real difference than a piece of cardboard selling for 5M last month. Of course, many think that's dumb.
Proposition Joe
It's like the digital World of Warcraft market.

It's valuable as long as the platform is popular.

The difference between that and the "piece of cardboard" is that the piece of cardboard has/had notable demand from multiple generations of people. Your 80 year-old Dad collected that cardboard just like your 8 year-old son is now. It's a proven collectible whose value varies based on the market.

We haven't quite established if the "digital collectible" will have that same longevity.

It might, but one is established the other may still be a fad.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
FWIW, I bought two LaMelo Ball moments when this thread started for around $400 each and just sold one for $1,300 today. Going to sit on the other one and watch it moon. Thanks OP.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea our group went heavy on the rookie moments. Everything is sky rocketing the last couple days but especially the rookies. It's getting more and more media exposure so I expect prices to keep skyrocketing short term.
Post removed:
by user
Ranger222
AG
Didn't get one, was 150Kish something.

Did get one of the 25K regular packs on Tuesday (or Wednesday? not sure). Pulled a Lebron 3 and Curry assist

My interest in Top Shot has taken a pretty big hit with only random, low # pack releases and the marketplace currently down....
The Shank Ag
Cuban making fun of it all and giving away joke clips

NBA Low Shots
Raptor
AG
Pack drop today 12pm PDT or 2pm CST.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

M.C. Swag
AG
Ranger222 said:

Didn't get one, was 150Kish something.

Did get one of the 25K regular packs on Tuesday (or Wednesday? not sure). Pulled a Lebron 3 and Curry assist

My interest in Top Shot has taken a pretty big hit with only random, low # pack releases and the marketplace currently down....
So i tried to buy one of these "cool cat" packs and I'm currently 155k in line...and it's barely moved in 10 min. So like, am I to expect that it takes HOURS of constantly monitoring the webpage to get my chance to buy 1 of these? Like, this seems like an insane barrier to entry for people trying to get in.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Your number in line is random. So if you know how many packs are being sold and realize that you are well behind that number in line, then you can just close out of it.

The line can move slow at times, but I think all of my wait times have been under an hour. And they have an option where they will email you when your turn is up. But I honestly wouldn't trust that.

The market has tanked lately, due to a variety of factors. I'm now thinking that Top Shot will be around in 5-10 years, but I have no confidence that prices will increase dramatically during that time frame. We are probably going to take out our basis at some point and then just let the rest ride to see what happens.
Naked Hiker
AG
You can type in an email address and they'll let you know when it's time to buy your pack, or if you missed out.
The site is still in beta. They have to pause the drops occasionally. Combating bots and such.
Naked Hiker
AG
I really want to keep up with moments that are "misprints"
The ones that can't be corrected, I could see that ending up being a nice little payday.
I've already found a few big ones. Wrong number, wrong home state, wrong label of the play (called it a dunk, but he was actually the assister)
Bluehazel
AG
Check out my ags...

https://nbatopshot.com/showcases/b6a125ef-eea4-4852-907a-612fcca7fe18
Saint Pablo
No Timelord?!
94chem
I collected scratch n sniff stickers when I was a kid. Same thing. Wish I had sold when Gold Star and Trophy were peaking in the fall of '82.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
PatAg
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

FWIW, I bought two LaMelo Ball moments when this thread started for around $400 each and just sold one for $1,300 today. Going to sit on the other one and watch it moon. Thanks OP.
Did you actually get the money yet?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
LOL, yeah. Like three days after I sold.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.