***** General 2020-2021 NBA Discussion Thread *****

5,930 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MW03
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just wanted to give a quick shoutout to the Bulls' defense which held Atlanta to 83 points in the first half on 66% shooting and 50% from three-point range.

Also a salute to the Rockets as Russell Westbrook records his first of many triple-doubles (21-11-15 and counting) while James Harden pretends that the world is out to get him because he happened to be at not-a-strip-club without a mask on recently.
Ags #1
AG
And russ' team lost but he probably cared more about the triple double
Iowaggie
AG
I like the Wizards to make the 7-10 playoffs seeding.

Be interesting to see Russ and Beal okay this year.
Seven Costanza
AG
Hubie Brown is 87 and still competent at his job. The same cannot be said for Marv Albert, unfortunately.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If you have NBA TV, you should really turn it on. the Mavericks are beating the Clippers 62-18.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Dinwiddie tears his ACL and likely done for the season. Wonder if BK would be more incentivized to pony up draft assets and make a package for Harden now.
Guitarsoup
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Dinwiddie tears his ACL and likely done for the season. Wonder if BK would be more incentivized to pony up draft assets and make a package for Harden now.
Don't think Houston wants their assets.

Really think that Kyrie and Harden are a poor match together.
LawHall88
AG

Guitarsoup
AG
Video of the ankle injury: https://streamable.com/vonwg0
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Video of the ankle injury: https://streamable.com/vonwg0

Ouch!
LawHall88
AG
COAg15
AG
Fultz tore his left ACL. Brutal. Feel bad for the guy
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Bradley Beal dropped 60 on the 76ers tonight. Still lost.
Slamn Sharpe
I was directed to this thread since I hurt some feelings. Ill post what I said there... over here

"So when he's traded to another franchise and starts putting up triple doubles are Houston fans going to go bonkers if he doesn't win the MVP?

As a Rocket, we've had to hear yall try and convince everyone he's the most deserving of the MVP just about every season. Im taking pure pleasure in seeing some of you opening your eyes to whats been obvious for years now.

He doesn't play defense
He's selfish and cares about stats first
He's not well liked around the league/respected
He's lazy"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
There are tons of Rockets fans, myself included, who have thought that of Harden for years. But you root for the team that's on the floor.
Iowaggie
AG
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Slamn Sharpe said:

I was directed to this thread since I hurt some feelings. Ill post what I said there... over here

"So when he's traded to another franchise and starts putting up triple doubles are Houston fans going to go bonkers if he doesn't win the MVP?

As a Rocket, we've had to hear yall try and convince everyone he's the most deserving of the MVP just about every season. Im taking pure pleasure in seeing some of you opening your eyes to whats been obvious for years now.

He doesn't play defense
He's selfish and cares about stats first
He's not well liked around the league/respected
He's lazy
"
None of this is true though?
LawHall88
AG
Iowaggie
AG
The Detroit Pistons schedule/record is interesting.
Right now, they are 5-16.

Their 5 wins though....Boston, Suns, Miami, 76ers, Lakers.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
No thoughts on Courtside Karen, anyone?

https://instagr.am/p/CKcGuRFgJJl
BBQ4Me
AG
She took advantage of the Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal from her plastic surgeon.
M.C. Swag
AG
Frankenstein's Barbie
Iowaggie
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Haven't seen a dunk like this since Hostile played against Chris Bosh.

MookieBlaylock
AG
Last time Goose was that high he hit his head and died

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Haven't seen a dunk like this since Hostile played against Chris Bosh.
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Glory days of this forum.
Iowaggie
AG
Unless the Pelicans figure it out or there is some significant injuries the play-in group appears to be Mavs, Spurs, Warriors Grizzlies.

That could age poorly but it could be a much less interesting playoff race because of the new play in tournament this year.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I agree, although I might add Portland to that list. They have the 3rd toughest SOS remaining. 6-10 in the west will be a blood bath.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Also for what it's worth, I think the play in tournament penalizes the 7th seed too much. I'd like to see it limited to just 8-9.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Tough weekend for injuries. Both LeBron and LaMelo out indefinitely with a high ankle sprain and wrist fracture, respectively. LaMelo probably done for the year which is a bummer; he's been fun to watch this year.
Iowaggie
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Tough weekend for injuries. Both LeBron and LaMelo out indefinitely with a high ankle sprain and wrist fracture, respectively. LaMelo probably done for the year which is a bummer; he's been fun to watch this year.
Might be the best thing for Charlotte if they drop from 8th seed in playoffs to a top 8 draft pick.

Depending on how long LBJ is out, the Lakers could easily drop from 2nd/3rd in standings to 7th or 8th?
IF all are healthy for the playoffs, it doesn't matter where LA is seeded, but it could set up some unexpected first round playoff match ups.

I'd love to see the number of free throws Anthony Davis would shoot if the Lakers were stuck in a play-in game match up.
Iowaggie
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Also for what it's worth, I think the play in tournament penalizes the 7th seed too much. I'd like to see it limited to just 8-9.

I think it would be interesting if they had it based on regular season matchup so that if #7 has a 3 game or more lead on 8 (like last year), 7 is automatically in, no play in game. LIkewise, if 8 has a 3 game or more lead on 9, there is no play-in.
Iowaggie
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Per ESPN

1:20 p.m. ET: After getting two second-round picks in the deal with the Knicks, the Oklahoma City Thunder have a projected 34 picks over the next seven drafts, 17 each in the first and second round,
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.