The Joel Embiid thread

1,453 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CactusThomas
Slamn Sharpe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The guy is a monster and I don think we have seen his full potential in Philly. He just finished up year 2 of a 5 year deal. He claims he wants to be a Philly lifer but has also voiced continuous disappointment with their lack of playoff runs.

Any chance this guy gets traded before his contract is up? I would love to see him with a different team
Obi Wan Ginobili
They need to trade Simmons. Pathetic ass can't learn how to stand still and shoot uncontested threes. He's useless without a jump shot.

Point guards are everywhere, Embiid is one of a kind.
Slamn Sharpe
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

They need to trade Simmons. Pathetic ass can't learn how to stand still and shoot uncontested threes. He's useless without a jump shot.

Point guards are everywhere, Embiid is one of a kind.

In today's game where centers shoot 3 pointers its unfathomable that Simmons can't.
94chem
Jason Kidd became a deadly 3 point shooter.

Simmons and Rondo in a game of horse could take weeks.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Simmons is a better defender than Embiid and Embiid is an elite defender. Can guard all 5 positions and while he can't shoot to save his life, is one of the best passers in the league. I don't see him going anywhere.

They need a better coach and one or two more shooters and a deeper bench. Tobias Harris is a good second scoring option to Embiid and I don't think he's going anywhere based on his contract.

They need to find either another vet or a better vet to replace Al Horford.
Slamn Sharpe
FS1 is tearing Embiid apart today saying either he should be traded or they should tear the entire thing down and start from scratch
dc509
AG
I would trade Embiid and go with Simmons. The new coach will probably get a year with both of them, but at best I bet they're looking at a first or second round exit next season. Trade Embiid and try to surround Simmons with shooters to open up the floor and see what he can do. I don't particularly think either of them are going to get Phila there, but I think Simmons would allow them to have a higher upside.
West Texan
AG
Philly just isn't a very well constructed team right now. They have two guys who their best work in the paint and not nearly enough shooting around them. I agree that they need to pick one of Embiid or Simmons and build around them, but with team is going to need a lot shooting. Milwaukee has done a great job building around Giannis (who also can't shoot from outside) by putting shooters at every other position to space the floor. Losing Reddick really hurt Philly and while Horford is a good shooter for a big, he's not a guy that teams get worried about killing them from 3.
CactusThomas
AG
https://www.libertyballers.com/2020/8/24/21303168/taking-a-look-at-a-few-of-the-bigger-what-ifs-of-the-process-philadelphia-76ers

Very interesting read.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.