Montrez Harrell Racial Slur

3,686 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TXAggie2011
Bwp1140
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did anyone see what Montrez Harrell said to Luka? Called him a b**** a** white boy.
Mike Elko
AG
Yep. Just imagine if the roles were reversed. Harrell should be suspended remainder of playoffs.
TheCurl84
AG
Not a peep from the announcers or from the studio hosts. Like it never happened.

Do you think this gets a pass because "trash talk"? Some might argue that. However if Luka had said the exact same thing to him, but substituted 'black' for 'white', it would dominate discussion for at least 24 hours. He'd be forced to publicly apologize, and might be forced to pay a fine or incur a suspension.

I understand how historical injustices weigh in on this. But half the players in the league have Equality written on their jerseys. True equality would ensure Montrez faced the same consequences as Luka.
"God help us to respond reasonably and love irrationally, not the other way around."

-Brian Moss
Bwp1140
AG
Exactly. Really wouldn't care about what he said. Only reason I'm so mad is like y'all said if Luka said it he would likely be out of the nba. Also so worrisome that it's like nothing was said. Espn hasn't even mentioned it
Slamn Sharpe
this kinda racism has gotten the free pass for decades and its beyond tiresome
Slamn Sharpe
Whats the ESPN ombudsman's contact info so I can ask why they're ignoring this?
Slamn Sharpe
I just spent 10 mins on the phone with ESPN. They took my information to include writing down notes of what was said etc. He told me he would forward the info to his supervisor and the PR dept. He encouraged me to email their PR dept and even the NBA.

(888) 549-3776 is the number I initially called. Its their customer care

Espnpr@espn.com is the email address he gave for the Public Relations department

Slamn Sharpe
https://www.google.com/amp/s/itsgame7.com/montrezl-harrell-uses-racial-insult-on-luka-doncic-will-he-be-punished/amp/
Ribby P
AG
Game was on TNT, not ESPN
Slamn Sharpe
Ribby P said:

Game was on TNT, not ESPN

You realize ESPN reports news, right?
ATM9000
AG
So you want ESPN to report on some loose lip reading?
Slamn Sharpe
ATM9000 said:

Click the link and delete your idiotic response
ATM9000
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

ATM9000 said:

I don't need to click on your link... I've seen the clip already.

What's idiotic is calling ESPN to complain about them not reporting on a freaking lip reading. Seriously... I'm not saying Harrell did or didn't say anything... I'm just saying that reporting that he said what you are inferring he said based on just lip reading is pretty damn irresponsible in my opinion.
True Anomaly
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

I just spent 10 mins on the phone with ESPN. They took my information to include writing down notes of what was said etc. He told me he would forward the info to his supervisor and the PR dept. He encouraged me to email their PR dept and even the NBA.

Espnpr@espn.com is the email address he gave for the Public Relations department

You need more to do in your life
MookieBlaylock
AG
Somebody threw away a perfectly good white boy

PatAg
AG
ATM9000 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

ATM9000 said:

What's idiotic is calling ESPN to complain about them not reporting on a freaking lip reading. Seriously... I'm not saying Harrell did or didn't say anything... I'm just saying that reporting that he said what you are inferring he said based on just lip reading is pretty damn irresponsible in my opinion.
I mean, he clearly said it. Whether it's worth getting your panties in a wad and calling it a double standard is debatable. Both sides, on the extreme end, are pretty dumb. To think it's the same as calling a black guy a racial slur is pretty disingenous. To say "it's cool because you can't be racist to white people" is equally idiotic.
hph6203
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

What's happening on Next Door this week?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Serious question for my white homies on this board;

Do y'all really consider "white boy" a slur?
PatAg
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

In the context it is being used, it is. I am not offended by it, though.

THere are levels to this ****, and not everything requires the same level of reaction
ATM9000
AG
PatAg said:

ATM9000 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

ATM9000 said:

I mean, he clearly said it. Whether it's worth getting your panties in a wad and calling it a double standard is debatable. Both sides, on the extreme end, are pretty dumb. To think it's the same as calling a black guy a racial slur is pretty disingenous. To say "it's cool because you can't be racist to white people" is equally idiotic.

He could have said it. I'm not a lip reading expert nor are most people here... I think it's possible he said it but I wouldn't say he clearly said it.
Infection_Ag11
AG
It's pretty clear who here hasn't played organized sports above the 8th grade level, and certainly with regards to basketball. "B**** a** white boy" is positively tame in this context.

And you're wrong if you believe it doesn't go both ways. The racial trash talk and stereotypes fly around practice all the time. Put a hot mic in any high school gym in America and NOBODY in there is ever getting a job.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Trucker 96
Bich ass white boy, huh?
'03ag
The way Harrell used it was clearly a slur.
Trucker 96
'03ag said:

The way Harrell used it was clearly a slur.

Absolutely, which makes their inaction a joke. But so is their embracing of this entire equality/justice movement while they suck China off. So par for the course basically
Mike Elko
AG

If everyone else in America can be overly sensitive and throw a hissy fit for anything and everything said and done nowadays, yep.

The double standards in this country are beyond bullsh*t. Suck it, Montrezl.
Frok
AG
NBA is all about equality!
Slamn Sharpe
hph6203 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

What's happening on Next Door this week?

Me and your mom did it
Slamn Sharpe
Frok said:

NBA is all about equality!

Supposedly
Slamn Sharpe
ATM9000 said:

PatAg said:

ATM9000 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

ATM9000 said:

He could have said it. I'm not a lip reading expert nor are most people here... I think it's possible he said it but I wouldn't say he clearly said it.

Defense lawyers
AgGrad99
AG
Today, during the game, they said he apologized...so all was good. If the roles were reversed that wouldn't have been enough.

But...I found it interesting that the announcer said that very thing.
South Platte
If the NBA was really serious about racial justice they would make a huge deal about this. But they really aren't that serious about. For blacks yes, for everybody else, no.

Nothing from Popovich and Kerr, the champions for social justice.

And nothing from Doncic except "no big deal". He's got to just take it. Mavs already have enough issues getting black free agents. Doncic making a big deal about it would further hinder our chances.
Mr. White

Can you produce the chart?

Slamn Sharpe

B A white boy is almost on par with the n-bomb

Yes
'03ag
McDadeTXAggie said:

B A white boy is almost on par with the n-bomb

Yes

TXAggie2011
AG
In the way it was used, it was a racial slur. And I'm glad it got attention and I'm glad he apologized.

As Mulaney hits on above, though, "***** ass white boy" doesn't carry with it the same centuries of awful history that the n-word carries with it.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.