NBA and Politics

4,764 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 500,000ags
Ornithopter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw something interesting on the Babylon Bee

"Due to low Finals ratings, NBA threatens to pack court"
ATM9000
AG
CoppellAg93 said:

awinlonghorn said:

somehow sean hannity and tucker carlson and laura ingraham are allowed to spew BS and tell MILLIONS of people every night what to think, but when NBA players do it, its suddenly hypocrisy?

Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham, Rush, and on and on make just as much as NBA players but yet somehow the NBA players who should shut up and dribble.

The NBA knows is audience. If you don't like their politics, don't watch.

Literally there is a thread every other day about the NBA. For an org that people dont care about, they sure do have a lot of head space
Really?

Hannity etc. are paid for a living to give their opinions on a news network and people choose or choose not to watch their programming.

NBA players are paid for a living to play basketball - people tune it to watch them play a sport, not listen to their political opinions.

Is the difference that hard to comprehend ???

Somebody of Lebron's stature of fame and sources of income are paid to do a hell of a lot more than to just play basketball.

I'll say it once again but you can't read any board on Texags too long before some dude who isn't paid to give their opinion on news and politics does exactly that. How is Lebron doing it any different? I have way more respect for somebody just being honest and saying they disagree with an opinion than pretending it has to do with vocation or money not being directly in line with government.

And isn't only granting the floor for opinions on politics to those paid to do so just cowtowing to the ruling class?
500,000ags
AG
So? Just kind of proves my point that Carlson is entertainment.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.