***2020 NBA ALL-STAR WEEKEND***

3,622 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bullpen Chias
Dan Scott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like the format 1st half let's see the crazy passes and athleticism and then get serious at the end. Ending on free throws sucks but if you mandated it had to be a bucket they would just hack the crap out of you in the end.
Sher Thing
AG
That game was awesome.
Bullpen Chias
AG
Games essentially "end" on FTs all the time. Format was effective. You can't have it both ways. You have to account for fouls.
Guitarsoup
AG
We need to get rid of FTs.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'd rather see a game end with a couple of FT's than the last minute or two be plagued with them via the hack-to-come-back strategy.
Bullpen Chias
AG
One way to account for fouls could be that you deduct a point from the other team for free throws made.
Sher Thing
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

One way to account for fouls could be that you deduct a point from the other team for free throws made.
Interesting idea but I think you'd just have teams fouling on purpose in close games the majority of the time. If the target score is 120 and its 119-119 foul on purpose so you get the last shot. Or if a team is just a point away keep fouling on purpose so they cant score.. while you can make up the difference trading 3s for 1s on the offensive end.
Bullpen Chias
AG
I agree with you. The point of the Elam ending is to have a quick and decisive end to the game. The idea of extending the game on fouls defeats the purpose to some extent
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.