What's wrong with the Trailblazers?

2,461 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Iowaggie
Slamn Sharpe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Currently 17-24 and 10th best in the West. This team looked nasty in the playoffs last year.

I'm no fan of Carmelo. He received a 2nd chance in the league and I feel he's improve slightly but they're not turning things around.
ATM9000
AG
In a nutshell? Injuries have decimated their big man rotation.
Iowaggie
AG
I keep waiting for them to put it together, but at some point maybe that is what they are.
They are 41 games (17-24) through the season and have about the same winning percentage as when they were 20 games through (8-12).

And those bigs and forwards aren't the same guys they had last year.
Lose Kanter, Nurkic, Aminu, Harkless and Myers Leonard and replace with Hassan Whiteside & Carmelo.
Also lost Seth Curry and Evan Turner
(Seth Collins and Rodney Hood join Nurkic as Out season...maybe Collins returns in March)

I just wonder if they are about to be sellers. They do have Whiteside and Kent Bazemore coming off the books, but McCollum and Lillard eat up so much cap. It's shocking to look at next year, but each year looks so much more depressing, if Blazers fan.

CJ + Dame

2020/21 - Combine for $61 mm
21/22 - $74.5 mm

22/23 - $80.5 mm
23/24 - $86.6 mm
M.C. Swag
AG
Also, CJ rolled his ankle against Dallas a couple days ago which will keep him out for another week or so at least.

Injuries have wiped them out.
lil99chris
AG
Quote:

I just wonder if they are about to be sellers. They do have Whiteside and Kent Bazemore coming off the books, but McCollum and Lillard eat up so much cap. It's shocking to look at next year, but each year looks so much more depressing, if Blazers fan.

Bazemore was traded to the Kings.

Lillard and McCollum are both great players. Sucks they are stuck in the northwest.
CactusThomas
AG
Wild Turkey is playing well for Boston.
Iowaggie
AG
Dame may have injured groin tonight, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is out for ASG.

Also, Melo had peak Melo game tonight:

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.