Is Chris Bosh a HOFer?

7,056 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by superunknown
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett headline Hall of Fame nominations
Know Your Enemy
AG
yes
Know Your Enemy
AG
no
hph6203
AG
The basketball hall of fame is not as restrictive as other hall of fames in sports, so yes. If they had the same standard as the NFL or MLB then no.
Kellso
yes
ATM9000
AG
I think Bosh is underrated as a player... but we all know it isn't a slam dunk case and the fact that you e only yielded 3 stars in your shameless to accrue a lot of them in the last 18 hours sort of answers your question. No... he doesn't belong.
Jackal99
AG
I don't know about Bosh, but Rudy T sure as **** should be in.
South Platte
Dallas Lincoln FTW baby. Get him in.
Dan Scott
AG
Bosh gets in my association
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If Bush gets in then literally anyone who had a 20-10 year should get in. Shareef abdur-Rahim, I'm looking at you
Guitarsoup
AG
Anyone that lets Hostile dunk over them does not deserve to be in the HOF.

Guitarsoup
AG

Resume:
All-NBA 2nd team once.
Top 10 in scoring 3x. (10th, 9th, 9th)
Top 10 in rebounds 2x (6th, 6th)
Career Points: 96th
Career Rebounds: 93rd
Career PER: 64th
Received a 5th place vote for MVP in 2010 and came in 7th in MVP in 07. Never received an MVP vote in any other year.
3rd best player on two championship teams.
Gold Medal in Bejing

I wouldn't vote for him.
Iowaggie
AG
No.

But given this is the basketball HOF, I won't be surprised if he gets inducted given the other names that get in .
Guitarsoup
AG
Hard to deny anyone when you let in Calvin Murphy, unless you factor in all the shots he took in random women.

ChipFTAC01
AG
Wow. Those numbers are surprising. I never loved the guy or really give a **** about the East in general but my perception of him was more than that.
Faustus
ChipFTAC01 said:

Wow. Those numbers are surprising. I never loved the guy or really give a **** about the East in general but my perception of him was more than that.
Yeah I thought he was an 11 time all-star in thirteen seasons with 2 NBA titles, whose career was cut short by a heart condition. He was even willing to sublimate his numbers in aid of winning, and heralded the era of the stretch big.

I wouldn't put his odds of making the HOF more than 99.5%. Most of the links I've checked do not give him any better odds. They're all 99% or so at best. Good luck I guess.

https://hoopshype.com/2018/03/10/is-chris-bosh-a-hall-of-fame-lock/

Battered.Ag
AG
He will get voted in, guaranteed.
Matsui
AG
In
Post removed:
by user
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Hard to deny anyone when you let in Calvin Murphy, unless you factor in all the shots he took in random women.

It's the basketball Hall of Fame, not the NBA Hall of Fame. Calvin Murphy was 3-time college All-American who AVERAGED 33 points per game over those 3 years and once hung 68 on Syracuse.
Southlake
Great player! Loved him. Slightly underrated. Would have shone more if he didn't play at Miami.

But, not HOF.

Somebody has to be on the edge...
Battered.Ag
AG
Southlake said:

Great player! Loved him. Slightly underrated. Would have shone more if he didn't play at Miami.

But, not HOF.

he was a franchise guy in Toronto, and gave it up voluntarily to join Miami big 3. Chris Bosh will be in the HOF. it's not even a question
Guitarsoup
AG

DoubleAg said:

Southlake said:

But, not HOF.

he was a franchise guy in Toronto, and gave it up voluntarily to join Miami big 3. Chris Bosh will be in the HOF. it's not even a question
A franchise guy on a franchise that missed the playoffs 5 of his 7 years there, never made it to the second round, won three total playoff games, and only had 1 season above .500 (with that season at just 47 wins.)

Not good enough to be a franchise player, joined two franchise players and was a great third fiddle on two championship teams is enough to be a HOFer now.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Bosh according to B-R.com

Never led the league in any category in a regular season.
Never made first-team All-NBA
Made the all-NBA second team ONCE (2007)
81st all-time in rebounds behind such luminaries as Lamar Odom and PJ Brown
93rd all-time in points behind the likes of Jeff Malone, and he'll be out of the top 100 within the next 7-10 years.

Played 1 year at Georgia Tech, averaging 15.6 points per game. Team went 16-15 and went to the NIT.

Won an Olympic gold medal in 2008 for Team USA, averaged 9 points and 6 rebounds a game.

Please don't tell me this man is a HOFer.

Guitarsoup
AG
Yeah, but he joined two franchise players to be third fiddle on two championship teams.

Battered.Ag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

93rd all-time in points behind the likes of Jeff Malone, and he'll be out of the top 100 within the next 7-10 years.

Played 1 year at Georgia Tech, averaging 15.6 points per game. Team went 16-15 and went to the NIT.

Won an Olympic gold medal in 2008 for Team USA, averaged 9 points and 6 rebounds a game.

please don't cite damn bleacher report
Battered.Ag
AG
Guitarsoup said:

DoubleAg said:

Southlake said:

But, not HOF.

A franchise guy on a franchise that missed the playoffs 5 of his 7 years there, never made it to the second round, won three total playoff games, and only had 1 season above .500 (with that season at just 47 wins.)

Not good enough to be a franchise player, joined two franchise players and was a great third fiddle on two championship teams is enough to be a HOFer now.

i don't even like the guy that much, i don't necessarily think I'd vote him in.

but again, he will be HOF.
NoahAg
Basketball HOF is as watered down as the Rock n' Roll HOF, so he'll get in.
Faustus
HOF probability list: No. 49 (at 99.51%) just behind Harden, Westbrook, and Steph.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/about/hof_prob.html

Quote:

At first glance, Chris Bosh may not seem like an obvious Hall-of-Fame selection. But, in reality, he's a virtual lock to be inducted when his time comes.
https://hoopshype.com/2018/03/10/is-chris-bosh-a-hall-of-fame-lock/

Quote:

The simple stuff first. Bosh is an 11-time All-Star. You know how many 11-time All-Stars aren't either in the Hall of Fame already or headed for it once they retire? None.

How many 10-time All-Stars aren't in? None.

What about nine-timers? Eight-timers? None in the modern era.

You have to get all the way down to seven-time All-Stars to start finding a player or two who either hasn't been enshrined or has an argument against them doing so in the near future. Sure, it may be a popularity contest at times to get into the game, but Bosh, never the flashiest player, was only an All-Star starter once. That means 10 times NBA coaches looked around the league and selected him by hand. Those are a legitimate 11 selections.

https://www.nba.com/heat/news/hall-fame-case-chris-bosh
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
DoubleAg said:

MuckRaker96 said:

please don't cite damn bleacher report
http://www.basketball-reference.com

Check it out! There's also another new site you might like called Wikipedia.
aggiepaintrain
AG
No way
hph6203
AG
Vlade Divac made it in last year, does that change your mind? The standards for the Basketball Hall of Fame is far below the standards of the hall of fame for most of the other major sports.

While you remember Vlade being a really good player, does his name scream hall of fame more so than Bosh? It shouldn't, and you don't remember Bosh before Miami.
Guitarsoup
AG

hph6203 said:

Vlade Divac made it in last year, does that change your mind? The standards for the Basketball Hall of Fame is far below the standards of the hall of fame for most of the other major sports.

While you remember Vlade being a really good player, does his name scream hall of fame more so than Bosh? It shouldn't, and you don't remember Bosh before Miami.
Vlade Divac had a huge career in Europe and is one of the best European players of all time. Medals in the Olympics, Europa POY, multiple EuroBasket Golds, plus a front office career. So yeah, Vlade has a better HOF resume.
hph6203
AG
A terrible front office career and made 10 fewer All-Star appearances and never made an All-NBA, or won a championship. His European career doesn't make up for that. As an ambassador to the game he deserves credit, but no way is he a better basketball player.
Guitarsoup
AG

hph6203 said:

A terrible front office career and made 10 fewer All-Star appearances and never made an All-NBA, or won a championship. His European career doesn't make up for that. As an ambassador to the game he deserves credit, but no way is he a better basketball player.
His European career absolutely makes up for that. That's why Vlade and Sabonis and Dino Radja and Sarunus Marciulionis and Drazen Petrovic and lots of people you have never heard of are in the HOF.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.