Luka

18,577 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MookieBlaylock
Doug Ross
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This dude deserves his own thread. 20 years old. Last game, second player besides Lebron under 21 to have a 40 point triple double. Tonight he already has 22-5-5 in the first quarter. Highest scoring first quarter by any player this season. The dude is transcendent and a MVP candidate at 20..

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Not gonna lie, pretty sure I'm going to grab tix on Sunday to watch him in Houston.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I'm watching the Mavs game instead of my Spurs game. Luka is unreal. Y'all got a great one.
cakubacak
AG
I'm at the game tonight, kid is as good as advertised, will be a great career to follow.
Ervin Burrell
AG
33 points in about half as many minutes at halftime. Almost outscored Golden State on his own. F'ing ******ed.
NoahAg
That boy good!
gtaggie_08
AG
10-11 shooting, 6-7 on threes
Doug Ross
AG
second straight triple double
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
hph6203
AG
No one has ever had a 35 point triple double as fast as Luka did tonight.
True Anomaly
AG
True Anomaly
AG
My large adult son
Iowaggie
AG
His mom is the real MVP

https://instagr.am/p/BzHZDw5lTjG

https://instagr.am/p/Bc0G0XRnnQW
jeffdjohnson
Slamn Sharpe
Hate the Mavs
Love Luca
Will be my favorite player when Lebron is retired
Saint Pablo
Page 1.
M.C. Swag
AG
I starred your comment before i even read it
M.C. Swag
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

Hate the Mavs
Love Luca
LuKa*

Might want to know how to spell your favorite player's name.
MW03
AG
He's the right amount of goofy to be imminently likable, too. If anything is going to drive someone crazy, it's his tendency to soccer flop and then complain.

Southlake
He lives on the second floor...

chris1515
AG
The Wall Street Journal has an article on Luka today.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/luka-doncic-no-look-assists-11574368843?mod=hp_listc_pos1

Quote:

Watch This Luka Doncic Play. See an NBA Superstar.

There are sprinkles of NBA stars in Doncic: the bravado of Stephen Curry, the shotmaking of James Harden, the control of LeBron James. He's the rare player whose games has shades of both Magic Johnson and Larry Bird. He's averaging 29.9 points, 10.6 rebounds and 9.4 assists per game. He's responsible for the Dallas Mavericks owning the league's most efficient offense. He's now known simply by his first nameLuka!and he's so obviously a sensation that none of this hyperbole is even considered all that hyperbolic.

Carlo4
AG
30-7-14 line in 28 minutes... another 40 point beat down. Great chemistry with team that is improving.
COAg15
AG
Love watching this dude play. Makes everyone better around him, but knows when to take over. Hard test coming up against Houston and LA, let's see him continue to dom.
Doug Ross
AG
Another great game
2wealfth Man
AG
41-6-10 on a lazy Sunday down Houston way.
Phat32
TheMasterplan
Got shut down against the Clippers. Mavs have some work to do.
hph6203
AG
Mavs are top 4 in the West at best. They can stretch and beat the top teams and stretch and lose to the bottom teams depending on how their bench plays. Not surprising that the most talented team top to bottom beat them.
TheMasterplan
hph6203 said:

Mavs are top 4 in the West at best. They can stretch and beat the top teams and stretch and lose to the bottom teams depending on how their bench plays. Not surprising that the most talented team top to bottom beat them.
Yeah I agree but I trust Luka to take this as a lesson and go forward.

Any thoughts on Luka needing to improve his mid range game?
PatAg
AG
TheMasterplan said:

hph6203 said:

That's not really a thing anymore in the NBA. I would say a lot of his points in the paint are relatively midrange floaters anyways
hph6203
AG
Luka's path to improvement is through his three point shot, more specifically the shots he chooses to take (or not take). His two point shots are already plenty efficient.
mavsfan4ever
AG
hph6203 said:

Luka's path to improvement is through his three point shot, more specifically the shots he chooses to take (or not take). His two point shots are already plenty efficient.

Agree. I think he's already a good shooter. But the shots he takes are ridiculously hard. If he just stopped taking so many step back threes, his shooting % and efficiency would increase quite a bit.
TheMasterplan
PatAg said:

TheMasterplan said:

hph6203 said:

That's not really a thing anymore in the NBA. I would say a lot of his points in the paint are relatively midrange floaters anyways
I'm aware it's not a thing but I've always thought it was those that are bad at it to begin with shouldn't even attempt them. Those that have a good mid range game can actually continue taking them.
PatAg
AG
TheMasterplan said:

PatAg said:

TheMasterplan said:

hph6203 said:

I'm aware it's not a thing but I've always thought it was those that are bad at it to begin with shouldn't even attempt them. Those that have a good mid range game can actually continue taking them.
he can get to the rim/paint at will though, and generate a lot of fouls doing it. I do agree that as the defenses keep focusing on stopping the 3 and at the rim scoring the mid range will start to be higher %
hph6203
AG
TheMasterplan said:

PatAg said:

TheMasterplan said:

hph6203 said:

Between the lack of foul shots generated by the midrange game, the fact that you have to be above league average inside the arch to compare to a league average three point shooter on a point per possession production, and the fact he has a well above league average ability to get to the rim and finish it just doesn't make sense for him to shoot the midrange, because his point per possession is going to be lower than a drive or a three.
Slamn Sharpe
M.C. Swag said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Hate the Mavs
Love Luca
LuKa*

Might want to know how to spell your favorite player's name.

Technically I have several years to get it right
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.