Bill Simmons Book of Basketball 2.0

5,921 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Pumpkinhead
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You dont get it.
Pumpkinhead
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Bill Simmons just ended his "Book of Basketball 2.0" with an episode on Bill Russell.

Saying this series was going to focus on the NBA since the first book came out (2009) and then not doing ANY episodes on LeBron except for a Sports Rewatchables but devoting episodes to Reggie Miller, the 99 Knicks, and Bill Russell is WILLLLLD.

No one believed me when i said it at the start but Simmons is doing everything he can to minimize the contributions of Lebron and it's obvious to anyone who'll actually take notice.
Uhhh...Here was Simmon's Book of Basketball 2.0 episode on LeBron James.

https://www.theringer.com/2019/12/19/21029681/bill-simmons-book-of-basketball-2-0-the-defining-moment-of-lebron-jamess-career
M.C. Swag
AG
Read the rest of that sentence you bolded
Ag Natural
AG
M.C. Swag said:

You dont get it.

I listen to Bill all the time. He's fully aware of Lebrons place in history and hes not trying to minimize it. For this BOB project he clearly was going for slightly under the radar topics.

Besides, it's not like BS is the NBA's official historian. Nobody should care that much about his opinions.
M.C. Swag
AG
Ag Natural said:

M.C. Swag said:

You dont get it.

I listen to Bill all the time. He's fully aware of Lebrons place in history and hes not trying to minimize it. For this BOB project he clearly was going for slightly under the radar topics.

Besides, it's not like BS is the NBA's official historian. Nobody should care that much about his opinions.

1. There's literally nothing under the radar about Bill freaking Russell. Simmons dedicated 50 pages in his first book to Russell.

2. This is an Internet forum. It's filled with nothing but people who care too much about other people's opinions.
Pumpkinhead
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Read the rest of that sentence you bolded
Note that I believe that was a segment of a much longer show that Simmons did with Brian Windhorst, where they went through LeBron Jame's entire career. I definitely remember listening to a pretty long 'LeBron' podcast sometime in the past year involving Simmons and Windhorst.

BTW, just last week, Simmons did a podcast with Zach Lowe and they went through the 'Top-25 NBA players right now, that you'd want over the next 4 months to win a title'. Simmons had LeBron James #2 on his list, Kawhi Leonard was #1.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.