Lebron's Future

3,948 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Head Ninja In Charge
NoahAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
(FA excitement is over, so bored offseason topic.)

He'll turn 35 this season. He's played 16 seasons, 1198 games, plus 239 playoff games. He finished last season missing significant time injured.

But, across the board his numbers are still elite. He literally spends millions on health and taking care of his body.

How many more seasons will he play?
Will he finish his career as a Laker?
C Loves L
Finish as a Laker? Yes/No. He will probably sign a 1 day deal with the Cavs. Last full season? Lakers.

Its really hard to try and figure out how long he will play. He's in incredible shape for his age. He could potentially play another 5 or 6 years easily. Something tells me he will have a serious career changing injury that will shorten his career.

So I'm gonna predict 5 or 6 more years.
jeffdjohnson
I think he finishes as a Laker and that this is likely his last contract (3 more years). Although he might sign a 1 year contract to play with whatever team drafts his son. I think that decline/injuries are coming. They might already be here based on last year. I think this might be his last top statistical season if he manages to stay healthy.
MGS
Vogel will get fired early into the 2019 season and they'll go ahead and name Lebron the new coach.
NoahAg
I'm thinking he certainly finishes his next 3 years in LA (including his player option). By the end of that year he'll be 37. He could still be playing at a high level by then, but if they don't win a title we'll see how eager the Lakers are to re-sign him. Maybe to a 2 year deal with the 3rd year as a team option. Surely not a max contract.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
He's less than 6,000 points behind Lew Alcindor for the all-time career scoring record - also behind Malone and Kobe. If he plays 75 games a year for the next 3 years and averages 25 points per game, he'd be about 200 points shy of the record.

Unless injuries keep him from playing, he'll play until he gets that record. It's obviously important to him to be considered the best all time and that would be a very large piece of the puzzle for him. If he played that # of games and also averaged 8 assists and 1.5 steals per game, he'd get to the top 5 all-time in assists, and possibly as high as third; and into the top 10 all-time in steals. I still like Jordan better overall, but those are some seriously salty #s - top 10 in career steals, assists, and points? Nobody else in the history of the league can boast that.
Guitarsoup
AG
Agree he wants to chase/break those records in purple/gold then probably play with Bronny to close out his career.
Guitarsoup
AG
5844 points from #1 in scoring.

70 games at 25ppg = 1750 points/season. So 3.34 seasons to break KAJ's scoring record.

16th in steals with 1937

70 games @ 1.3spg = 91 steals. 1.5spg is his career average.
3.34 more seasons at 1.3spg = 304 more steals for 7th ahead of Clyde Drexler and about 60 steals short of 5th place jumping past Mo Cheeks and Scottie Pippen. LeBron needs about 600 steals to pass Jordan for 3rd. Incredibly needs about 1300 to pass Stockton for #1.

10th in assists with 8662.

7.2 (Career avg per game) * 70 games = 504. *3.34 seasons = 1683 more assists. That moves him just past Nash for #3. He would need ~1700 assists to pass Kidd for #2 and 5500 more to pass Stockton for #1.

110th career in blocks with 921.

54th career in rebounds with 8880.

70*7.4 (career avg) = 518. 3.34 seasons at 518 = 1730. That would move him just past David Robinson for 32nd.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Hi assist and steal final ranks would be contingent on how healthy and how long Chris Paul plays, as Paul is ahead of him in both categories.
Guitarsoup
AG
True, but I have significantly less faith in Chris Paul's ability to stay healthy for the next 4 years
Seven Costanza
AG
Stockton's assists lead always amazes me. He is 30.5% ahead of 2nd place. To put that in perspective, that's the equivalent of having the all-time HR leader at 994 homers to Barry Bonds' 762.

Guitarsoup
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Stockton's assists lead always amazes me. He is 30.5% ahead of 2nd place. To put that in perspective, that's the equivalent of having the all-time HR leader at 994 homers to Barry Bonds' 762.

Just crazy. Bron is 10th all time and needs to almost double his 15-year career assists mark to overtake Stockton.
Ulrich
Stockton is 31% ahead of second in assists and 22% ahead of second in steals.

He has more assists than number 12 and 13 of all time combined.
He has more steals than number 27 and 28 combined.

Kareem is only 4% ahead of second in points.
Iowaggie
AG
If he's willing to slide into a secondary role, he could play as long or longer than Vince Carter.
He will be the man until he's at least 40.
Slamn Sharpe
He recently said he was going the Tom Brady route and would play until his legs fell off. If this is the case he will probably break just about every statistic known to man.

The record for career assists by a SF is his for eternity
BBDP
AG
Isn't Luka a SF?
Slamn Sharpe
BBDP said:

Isn't Luka a SF?

He may need to spend over a million dollars a year on his body in about 13 or 14 years
Aston04
AG
This many years in and still looks barely slower than when he was young. He's got at least 5 more all star level years if he can avoid injury.
PatAg
AG
He could also just fall off a cliff at any moment, thats how it goes when you get his age
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
He's also more susceptible to injury as he ages. Kobe's 34 year old season, he averaged 27/6/6 with some of the best of shooting percentages he's ever had. Then he tore his achilles and was done basically a little over a year later.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.