Russ trades to the Rox for CP3 and two 1st round picks

10,174 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Iowaggie
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Dave Grohl said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Dave Grohl said:

Junkhead said:

cityagboy said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

He's right. Wtf do I care about the NBA. I'm here for A&M info not NBA crap.
right or wrong his response sounded like a triggered baby

That's you projecting your **** on me.
You're just being a punk... don't click on threads you're not interested in. You've got to be a massive goober to spend your evenings policing a bulletin board, jag.

1. Junkhead is definitely a goober.
2. I bet you won't post another Rockets thread on an Aggie sports board anymore.
Sure I would... wouldn't think twice about it.

Why? Do you think there's no reasoning to having boards dedicated to different topics? Is it okay to post about Kellen Mond on the NBA board?
Are you trying to say that Kellen Mond can't hit a curveball?
Bruce Almighty
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Dave Grohl said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Dave Grohl said:

Junkhead said:

cityagboy said:

Old_Ag_91 said:

He's right. Wtf do I care about the NBA. I'm here for A&M info not NBA crap.
right or wrong his response sounded like a triggered baby

That's you projecting your **** on me.
You're just being a punk... don't click on threads you're not interested in. You've got to be a massive goober to spend your evenings policing a bulletin board, jag.

1. Junkhead is definitely a goober.
2. I bet you won't post another Rockets thread on an Aggie sports board anymore.
Sure I would... wouldn't think twice about it.

Why? Do you think there's no reasoning to having boards dedicated to different topics? Is it okay to post about Kellen Mond on the NBA board?
Are you trying to say that Kellen Mond can't hit a curveball?

Not without sacrificing a chicken.
Dave Grohl
AG
Well... is there a limit as to what can be posted in the Billy Liucci's TexAgs Premium page... only Premium members can post there, and I am one. Is it mandated that only Aggie topics can be posted there? Maybe, this thread got moved.... but I've seen Liucci talk Astros and Rockets and even concerts he's been to... Brauninger talks Astros from time to time. I'm sure I could easily go down the list of threads and find non-Aggie related topics. But a few dorky, nerdy, keyboard warriors whine and complain and a thread gets moved. So what? Won't keep me from posting there again. There is an Aggie Football Only board... is that where we should insist game threads go during football season? Bottom line is, it's all arbitrary and it makes weasels who have absolutely no power anywhere else in their life feel good to do this bulletin board policeman bs. I think it's a sad commentary on them... "Honey, I got an NBA thread moved off the main board tonight..." "Oh, Herb, tell me that again, just slower...". Whatever gets their rocks off, I guess.
tamuwx
AG
On a forum called 'NBA & Other Basketball', yet *****ing like a stupid ****.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Dave Grohl said:

Well... is there a limit as to what can be posted in the Billy Liucci's TexAgs Premium page... only Premium members can post there, and I am one. Is it mandated that only Aggie topics can be posted there? Maybe, this thread got moved.... but I've seen Liucci talk Astros and Rockets and even concerts he's been to... Brauninger talks Astros from time to time. I'm sure I could easily go down the list of threads and find non-Aggie related topics. But a few dorky, nerdy, keyboard warriors whine and complain and a thread gets moved. So what? Won't keep me from posting there again. There is an Aggie Football Only board... is that where we should insist game threads go during football season? Bottom line is, it's all arbitrary and it makes weasels who have absolutely no power anywhere else in their life feel good to do this bulletin board policeman bs. I think it's a sad commentary on them... "Honey, I got an NBA thread moved off the main board tonight..." "Oh, Herb, tell me that again, just slower...". Whatever gets their rocks off, I guess.
Staff, please move this to the IDGAF board.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Dave Grohl said:

And I'm the triggered one?
Know Your Enemy
AG
tamuwx said:

On a forum called 'NBA & Other Basketball', yet *****ing like a stupid ****.
He posted it on Premium. Staff moved it to the appropriate board.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Dave Grohl said:

Huh? The premium board is for Aggie sports, which includes, you know, Aggie football games.
cityagboy
AG
Doug Ross
AG
Westbrook is cancer. This will turn into a dumpster fire.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Deluxe
AG
This might go down as one of the best trades in NBA history for both sides.

CP3 able to be old school CP3 again in OKC. Great mentor for SGA. Thunder overachieving and playing very well. Plus they added to their large portfolio of future first round picks.

Rockets have perfectly catered to Russ's game/strength. Thunder could never quite put the right pieces around him after KD left but I think the Rockets have. Rockets are a sneaky title contender.
Slamn Sharpe
So Houston is currently 8.5 games back outta 1st. This trade didn't turn out quite like they thought it would.
Ags #1
AG
So you are saying they would have been better with cp3?
1876er
AG
Ags #1 said:

So you are saying they would have been better with cp3?

Rockets - CP3 +Russ = worse
Thunder -Russ -Paul George + CP3= better

You tell me.
1876er
AG
In case there was any doubt
CP3 >> Russ
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Congratulations on winning ******bag of the Night post!
1876er
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Congratulations on winning ******bag of the Night post!

Thanks
Poot
1876er said:

CP3 >> Russ

HEALTHY CP3 >> Russ... agreed. But how many times can you get burned by CP3's health in the playoffs? Especially for that FAT amount of $ he was due to make in the next couple (few?) years.
Ags #1
AG
who is sitting at home and who is advancing?
Slamn Sharpe
Rockets
Laugh/cry
Iowaggie
AG
Poot said:

1876er said:

CP3 >> Russ

HEALTHY CP3 >> Russ... agreed. But how many times can you get burned by CP3's health in the playoffs? Especially for that FAT amount of $ he was due to make in the next couple (few?) years.

All of this. I kept thinking that even in OKC won this game, we'd probably see CP3 break down in the next round.

Almost all expected OKC to go down in the standings and be out of the playoffs after losing Paul George and others and swapping Russ for CP3. I'm not a CP360 fan, but I really respect how he helped lift the Thunder this year when most believed they were ready to rebuild with the way they cleared the decks, losing current playoff contributing guys like Jerami Grant, Patrick Patterson, & Markieff Morris and acquiring picks and expiring assets.
Guitarsoup
AG
Deluxe said:

CP3 able to be old school CP3 again in OKC. Great mentor for SGA. Thunder overachieving and playing very well. Plus they added to their large portfolio of future first round picks.

Rockets have perfectly catered to Russ's game/strength. Thunder could never quite put the right pieces around him after KD left but I think the Rockets have. Rockets are a sneaky title contender.
True Anomaly
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Deluxe said:

Man, who would've thought that putting together two ball-dominant alpha-male guards on a team wouldn't work?
Guitarsoup
AG
I have to admit that I did not expect the winning defense against former MVP and two-time scoring champion Russell Westbrook to be to not guard him at all.

$132mm over the next three years to a guy that the Lakers defended by not defending him.

To Russ' credit, this years was the first time since 2014 that Russ shot over 40.5% from the field in the playoffs. So he has that going for him, which is nice.
Slamn Sharpe
McDadeTXAggie said:

So Houston is currently 8.5 games back outta 1st. This trade didn't turn out quite like they thought it would.

And didn't see the western conference finals. Nice trade
Iowaggie
AG
Let's just appreciate Presti of OKC.

2019 standings/WP/playoff outcome
Houston, 4th seed, .646, Lost in WC Semis to Warriorsch
OKC 6th seed, .598, 1st round loss to Blazers
LAC, 8th seed, .585, 1st round loss to Warriors

The Thunder also flipped Jerami Grant for a 2020 first-rounder in a trade with the Denver Nuggets.

2020 standings/WP/playoff outcome
LAC 2nd seed, .681 Lost in WC Semis to Nuggets
HOU 4th seed, .611 Lost in WC Semis to Lakers
OKC 5th seed, .611 loss in first round to Rockets

Going forward

Cap allocation (according to Spotrac) for next 3 seasons.
Hou: $131mm, 125 mm, $113 mm
LAC: $115 mm, $110 mm, $13 mm
OKC: $105 mm, $56 mm, $8 mm
Deluxe
AG
If Rockets are about to start slashing/rebuilding, this deal could turn out nicely for OKC
Deluxe
AG
Deluxe
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Deluxe said:

Bad takes exposed. Presti took Morey to the woodshed here. Payback for the initial Harden deal I suppose.
Iowaggie
AG
You know this is a solid tweet when it makes three of the 6 or 7 active threads on this page.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.