2019 NBA Draft Thread

9,465 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slamn Sharpe
Scientific
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bol shouldve stayed in school.
Olsen
AG
FINALLY!

flashplayer
AG
Edit - damn never mind
Olsen
AG
Heading to the Denver Nuggets now:

Scientific
AG
The look on his face. Projected top ten pick at the start of the year, in what's considered one of the weakest draft classes. Best of luck to him.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Where are you seeing the "weak draft class" stuff? Not disputing, but I haven't seen much on it. Seems like there are contributors all over the lottery slot. Cam Reddish at 10 seems like an average class at worst.
hph6203
AG
That's been the narrative all year. Compare this class to last years class and it's pretty evident that it's not nearly as good. Last year's was pretty freaking strong though.
Olsen
AG
Tacko Fall and Aubrey Dawkins, both from UCF goes undrafted.
jteagle
AG
Olsen said:

I hope the Pelicans pick up Bol Bol.
The Pelicans drafted Jaxson Hayes but Bol got drafted by the Nuggets which is a pretty good spot for him because he won't be expected to be a star right away. He can sit back at learn from Jokic while getting some decent backup minutes while playing for arguably the best team in the West.
Agnzona
The Mavericks cannot mention the name of their draft pick because the trade of pics will not be official for a week or two.

Can anyone make sense if NBA rules? Are the just incompetent?
Iowaggie
AG
Likely future in-game giveaway: The Ja Morant pocket square of Ja Morant

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Wholesome content.
https://instagr.am/p/By-_oCBgCVP
chris1515
AG
Olsen said:

Tacko Fall and Aubrey Dawkins, both from UCF goes undrafted.

What I saw of Dawkins in the tournament, I really liked. I know he is older than the average prospect, but I'd love to see the Mavericks add him (at least to the G league).
Seven Costanza
AG
Does anyone else not totally get the Zion hype? There's obviously a lot to like, but I keep seeing him treated like he's LeBron coming out of high school. I think there's a good chance that he just winds up being Blake Griffin (which is worthy of a #1 overall pick, but isn't an all-time great).
mAgnoliAg
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Does anyone else not totally get the Zion hype? There's obviously a lot to like, but I keep seeing him treated like he's LeBron coming out of high school. I think there's a good chance that he just winds up being Blake Griffin (which is worthy of a #1 overall pick, but isn't an all-time great).

I think Ja Morant is gonna be the best player out of this draft class, but I still think Zion will be a superstar. I think Morant is a generational player and will be a better shooting more efficient Russell Westbrook.
AG@RICE
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Blake Griffin is the exact comparison I would make. Honestly, if Griffin wasn't so injury prone he would be recognized as a much more valuable player.
chris1515
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Seven Costanza said:

I think Ja Morant is gonna be the best player out of this draft class, but I still think Zion will be a superstar. I think Morant is a generational player and will be a better shooting more efficient Russell Westbrook.

Completely agree.

If I could buy and sell stock in these guys, i'd be buying Morant.

Zion is a hard comparison because there really hasn't been anyone exactly like him before. The hype is so high, it seems the deck is stacked for him to underwhelm.
M.C. Swag
AG
Zion is the real deal. His physical tools are incomparable but combined with that natural talent is the fact that he's just a solid dude. I'd bet anything that he's a future league mvp only because I think he has the right stuff between the ears.
ATM9000
AG
I was wondering when the Zion backlash would start arriving to the party.
Ranger222
AG
Seven Costanza said:

I kinda wonder how the Pelicans will construct lineups around Zion...I think the biggest concern will be how he matches up defensively against other squads...other teams might take advantage of that and try to get the Pelicans in awkward match ups.

The Pelicans got their rim protector in Hayes but I would have really liked to see the Pelicans stay at 4 and take Garland there and just try and run and gun with Holiday-Garland-Zion. I think that would have been a lot of fun. I don't see why Atlanta made that trade either....I would have liked Hayes/Reddish for them just as much as Hunter/Reddish.

I am really interested in what Memphis is doing -- that team could be one of the best set ups for 3-4 years from now when they all mature. Morant/Clarke/Jackson Jr. is a great core and they will still add to it in next year's draft.
Slamn Sharpe
AgDoc03 said:

Mavs been so bad they were kicked to eastern conference

I'm no Mavs fan but my guess is that this thread didn't age well

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.