I have never liked Michael Jordan

11,008 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Guitarsoup
C Loves L
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Michael Jordan said James Harden's streak of 30 straight 30-point games and Russell Westbrook's 10 straight triple-doubles are both impressive and tough to accomplish.

But the Charlotte Hornets' owner said Tuesday -- flashing a big grin -- that there is one accomplishment tougher than both of those feats: "Which is harder from the player's standpoint? Six championships, by all means."

So does this mean Robert Horry's 7 championships is even more impressive? The dude can't stand the fact that today's players are putting up numbers he couldn't or didn't
PatAg
AG
go away
Chipotlemonger
AG
Not sure how this riles up someone up enough to post a thread about
Frok
AG
Meh, old Tom Brady has six championships now too.

If the Warriors stay together they can probably do it as well
hph6203
AG
James Harden's streak is fraudulent now, it should have ended against Denver when he made a 3 pointer with 1:05 left and a 19 point deficit.
Frok
AG
He's a fraud because of one junk time 3 pointer?

Whatever dude
WES2006AG
AG
C Loves L said:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Michael Jordan said James Harden's streak of 30 straight 30-point games and Russell Westbrook's 10 straight triple-doubles are both impressive and tough to accomplish.

But the Charlotte Hornets' owner said Tuesday -- flashing a big grin -- that there is one accomplishment tougher than both of those feats: "Which is harder from the player's standpoint? Six championships, by all means."

So does this mean Robert Horry's 7 championships is even more impressive? The dude can't stand the fact that today's players are putting up numbers he couldn't or didn't
It is not even up for debate. Clearly Robert Horry, Bill Russell, Sam Jones, Tom Heinsohn, KC Jones, Satch Sanders, and John Havlicek, Jim Loscutoff and Frank Ramsey are all better than MJ because they all have more than 6 titles.

This isn't as cringe-worthy as Lebron declaring himself the GOAT but does make Jordan look a b\it petty.
WES2006AG
AG
hph6203 said:

James Harden's streak is fraudulent now, it should have ended against Denver when he made a 3 pointer with 1:05 left and a 19 point deficit.
I was unaware that stats didn't count when a team was up by 19 or more. I guess someone should let the league know.

Bunk Moreland
I think his streak is fraudulent because of his ridiculous travels and phantom foul calls he draws. But hey, he's exploiting the ****tiness that is regular season NBA basketball so good on him.
Frok
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

I think his streak is fraudulent because of his ridiculous travels and phantom foul calls he draws. But hey, he's exploiting the ****tiness that is regular season NBA basketball so good on him.

LOL. I love watching Harden just continue to dominate and rattle fragile fans
Bunk Moreland
Not a fan. Have no team to root for. I've watched maybe 30 minutes of NBA basketball this year and both times the Rockets happened to be on. Used to root for players but even that has become too much. I barely watch because it's a god awful product. Maybe the league should work on getting folks like me interested again.
Mike Elko
AG
Frok said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Meh... 44% from the field and 37% from 3 while averaging 5.4 TOs per game. The dude gets BS calls every time he touches the ball and shoots over 10 FTs per game. Biggest flopper/traveler in the league and always gets rewarded.
Frok
AG
Who in the NBA doesn't flop? Who in the NBA doesn't travel? Why can't any other players seem to do what James does if it is easy?

Silent For Too Long
Learn the rules of the game. This "phantom calls" narrative is a myth.

I don't understand why people can't just sit back an enjoy watching one of the greatest playmakers to ever step on the court make NBA history.
Mike Elko
AG
Defend your boy, Rockets fans... I get it. Agree to disagree on his game.
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

I've said the same thing a couple times during his streak. The other night they were winning by double digits. Other starters are out, and the team was just feeding him the ball continually trying to get him over 30, which he finally did with less than a minute to play, and then he walked off the court.

He shot 6-17 from three. This includes 3 that he got with 2 minutes to play...so before that he was 3-14 from behind the arc. He got 11 points at the end of the game, during trash time, up by double digits when they were just feeding him the ball continually. They weren't running any type of offense, but just trying to extend the streak.

I like Harden. And his streak is impressive as crap. But the way it's been extended has been a bit cheesy a couple of times.

WES2006AG
AG
The best thing about all the Harden haters is that James feeds off of them. He knows that people will continue to disrespect his game so he has started to embrace the roll of the villain.
AgGrad99
AG

Just think how long his streak will be if we keep posting about him on here!?!? I mean...if we keep hating on him, he might get to 50 games.
WES2006AG
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Just think how long his streak will be if we keep posting about him on here!?!? I mean...if we keep hating on him, he might get to 50 games.

There is enough of it on Twitter and in the national media but just to make sure I will go ahead and send James a link to this thread.
AgGrad99
AG
Better safe than sorry
AgGrad99
AG
Not all of us are Harden haters. I like him. My son thinks he's amazing.

But we both kinda chuckled at his streak getting extended the other night.
WES2006AG
AG
AgGrad99 said:

But we both kinda chuckled at his streak getting extended the other night.
I did too. I was there and there were quite a few people around me who made comments about James not having a good night and him needing to go all the way to the wire to get 30.

With that said, it is not like he is averaging 30.1 over this streak and getting the 30 in garbage time just doesn't matter too much to me. If he had not gotten to 30 it would have been the end of an amazing run.
AgGrad99
AG
agreed.
SquirrellyDan
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Frok said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Meh... 44% from the field and 37% from 3 while averaging 5.4 TOs per game. The dude gets BS calls every time he touches the ball and shoots over 10 FTs per game. Biggest flopper/traveler in the league and always gets rewarded.
This is hilarious to me. Referees and the league know how Harden plays better than you or I...I guess they're just big time Harden fans and they like to give him freebies?

When you see coaches telling their guys to literally hold their hands behind their back to stop from fouling him, and they STILL can't help themselves from getting him across the arm when he shows the ball, that's just a guy playing unstoppable offense.

Don't like all the free throws? Stop him from blowing past you when you're worried about the step back three.
gordo97
AG
As a Rockets fan..... I would rather that Harden has 6 titles than these streaks and record settings
hph6203
AG
WES2006AG said:

hph6203 said:

I was unaware that stats didn't count when a team was up by 19 or more. I guess someone should let the league know.

His scoring streak is impressive. His 30 point scoring streak is not. That's my point. It's cheesy that he went out there with the intention of hitting 30 just so he could say he scored 30 points in xx consecutive games. 43 points per game in January is way more impressive than 30 straight games of 30 plus points.

That said, the notion that Jordan didn't/can't put up the numbers that Westbrook/Harden have put up is laughable. In 88-89 Jordan went 10 games out of 11 with a triple double.

In 86-87 Jordan scored 30 points in a game 67 times. To put that in perspective Harden can't even get to 67 games this season. He's already missed hitting 30 points in 13 games that he's played in and didn't play in 3 games this season. Even if he scores 30 in every game from now until the end of the season he'll be at 66.

Jordan averaged 37 points per game that season without shooting the 3. You can make the argument that he couldn't, but you have to realize that the 86-87 season was the first year that the 3 point line was ubiquitously used in the college game and Harden has shot the 3 two and a half times more so far this season than the entire Bulls team did for the entire season. By season's end Harden will have shot the 3 three and a half times more.

That's a 5 point per game differential between the two, because of the 3 and there's already a 0.5 point per game differential in Jordan's favor. Jordan doesn't have to bow down to anyone statistically, to suggest it's jealousy is ridiculous. It's arrogance, sure, but definitely not jealousy. He's already done what they're doing and better.

And yeah, 6 championships is way more impressive than either streak and neither player has a championship. I'd wager that neither will have a championship at the end of this season and would honestly be surprised if Harden ever gets one (not through his own fault really, just the Rockets are so screwed from a cap situation due to overpaying Chris Paul).
WES2006AG
AG
We all know jordan is great. He doesn't really need to remind us by putting his own championships above a few regular season accomplishments by today's players.
hph6203
AG
It was a joke. A reporter asked him which was harder, 10 straight triple doubles or 30 straight 30 point games. He complimented both on their achievements, said they're bringing attention to the game and then deflected the question by patting himself on the back.

It'd be like asking him if you could play with Curry or Harden, which would you choose? And he said "They're both great players, really good with the ball and some of the best scorers in the game. They're really bringing attention to the NBA and I think they're great, but if I had to take the court with one player it'd be me."
Beat40
AustinAg2012 said:

Frok said:

Bunk Moreland said:

That's what they used to say for Shaq and Kobe. People still say it for Lebron, KD, and Curry.

It's a stars league. They will always get the benefit of the doubt on calls.
Beat40
hph6203 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....breathes...HAHAHAHAHAHA
NoahAg
C Loves L said:

So does this mean Robert Horry's 7 championships is even more impressive?
Oh, come on. You know better than that. Horry was a (very good) role player on some championship teams, never THE leader. That's comparing apples to tater tots.
hph6203
AG
Don't worry guys. 31 straight.
NoahAg
hph6203 said:

Don't worry guys. 31 straight.

In a loss to the timberwolves. And another 40 minutes on his legs. Congrats?
hph6203
AG
But 30 points! Arbitrary thresholds of success!
MookieBlaylock
AG
This streak is a joke

Jordan avg 37 a game one season 34.3 career playoff average was all defense every year

James Harden is a flipping joke with his 5 step jumper

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.