Dallas Mavericks concept jerseys.

10,460 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MW03
BallerStaf2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's no secret that the Mavs uniforms are dated and some of the worst in the league. The city edition Uniforms have also gotten some pretty low marks.

As a mavs fan, is love to see the green reintegrated Into the scheme with a new logo and new branding.

A guy on twitter has made some really loved concept unis. Unfortunately, Cuban emailed him back and said "they're ok, but I don't see us going retro." At least he's admitting that the unis are going somewhere new.

Cuban has had many people on Twitter Ask him to reconsider.

What do y'all think?

mavsfan4ever
AG
I hate the jersey with the state outline. I really like the other retro jerseys in his tweet though.

I actually don't hate the Mavs current jerseys (but don't like the city edition).
M.C. Swag
AG
I never had a problem with the current jersey's other than the font (the numbering looks really stupid). The city edition are 100% lazy. I didn't mind the color scheme but just slapping the normal logo on the front was just an uninspired hash job.

These new jersey's look good. A little boring but not bad. I'd like to see what logo design he'd recommend.
PatAg
AG
I haven't really liked any of skyler's jerseys, they are all pretty plain imo.
BallerStaf2003
AG
PatAg said:

I haven't really liked any of skyler's jerseys, they are all pretty plain imo.

A vast majority do. I agree a little bit could be added to it but he's on the right track.
Seven Costanza
AG
These are the other ones he created:

Kellso
BallerStaf2003 said:

It's no secret that the Mavs uniforms are dated and some of the worst in the league. The city edition Uniforms have also gotten some pretty low marks.

As a mavs fan, is love to see the green reintegrated Into the scheme with a new logo and new branding.

A guy on twitter has made some really loved concept unis. Unfortunately, Cuban emailed him back and said "they're ok, but I don't see us going retro." At least he's admitting that the unis are going somewhere new.

Cuban has had many people on Twitter Ask him to reconsider.

What do y'all think?

I think those look horrible.
The Mavs current uniforms are fine.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I actually think their current uni's are good too. Those old 80s and early 90s unis are bad; don't want to see them moving back toward those. And that texas outline one looks ridiculous.
BallerStaf2003
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I actually think their current uni's are good too. Those old 80s and early 90s unis are bad; don't want to see them moving back toward those. And that texas outline one looks ridiculous.

So you like the same boring modern font that's been around for twenty years?

You andnthe previous posters are the first ones to say the mavs don't need a brand refresh. Typical.
True Anomaly
AG
I REALLY like the concepts.

The entire Mavs graphic design is firmly stuck in the late 90's/early 00's era. It sorely needs a refresh. And with a completely new team taking the court next year and Dirk likely retiring, it's time. And UPDATE THE COURT
DannyDuberstein
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

You andnthe previous posters are the first ones to say the mavs don't need a brand refresh. Typical.
I didn't say they couldn't use a refresh. I'd be fine with that. I just think they look good (thinking something looks good doesn't mean you are against it being changed) and are much better than the garbage jerseys posted above. LOL at considering those concepts a refresh.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Check the comments on that post on Twitter. Everyone loves them. You're in the minority.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Great. People love the 1980's retreads. Good for them. That state jersey looks like it belongs in the WNBA
lil99chris
AG
The jerseys look nice, but they are generic. The font is nothing special (similar to the Houston Astros). Develop a font and build around it.

The 'statement' jersey is similar to the Tennessee Vols jersey.

I'm sorry.....the jersey with the Texas outline is nothing special. It looks like something an AAU team would wear for games.
MW03
AG
Dallas' city edition jerseys are among the worst in the league, IMO.

"Let's get creative and do something for each team that reflects the city! Any ideas?"

<Apparently several months of silence>

"Through the logo in the middle?"

MW03
AG
And for the record:

Decent Enough.

Not Bad

Meh to Bad.

Awful.

Huh?
https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/fan/image?url=

MW03
AG
I think these were my favorites, though

NoahAg
Overall, NBA uniforms are the worst of all the professional sports.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Yeah those were awesome.
mavsfan4ever
AG
The Texas outline one in the tweet is god awful. I'd be embarassed if we wore that. And wtf is up with the thick border line just going across the middle?

I think the retros in the tweet are really cool, but I'm not sure I'd want them as our primary uniforms. Maybe just wear them a few times a year. I think we'd get tired of them quickly once the "cool retro" factor wore off.
BallerStaf2003
AG
I agree the retro is too plain, but I think it's a pretty solid start to something that could be really awesome.
MW03
AG
It's a shame that the green look invokes "retro" so strongly.

To me, the retro look is all about the western font.

"Sharp" letters is too late 90s.

Meanwhile, all the curvy fat letters is starting to feel very 2000s date

For a modern look, they need to go to a thin, sans serif typeface first that doesn't invoke this imagery:

PatAg
AG

I found this guy on that Ticket twitter thread about skylers. He seems to do it for a lot of different sports, but is from Dallas. This is more like what I would want to see. Trying something new, but related to our pasts...but not cookiecutter.
PatAg
AG
Basically, I just think the green/blue/white should be more prominent in our colors

was another design of Skylers that was actually a cool idea for a city jersey. The Omni+Pegasus
BallerStaf2003
AG
PatAg said:

Basically, I just think the green/blue/white should be more prominent in our colors

was another design of Skylers that was actually a cool idea for a city jersey. The Omni+Pegasus

That is so awesome.
MW03
AG
PatAg said:

Harry Dunne
Kellso
BallerStaf2003 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

You have by far the most post on your own thread....is it safe to assume those design were your own?

No offense, but the uniforms you posted look God Awful....especially the Texas jersey.
How the hell does the city edition jersey show the state of Texas and not Dallas?

That looks like an AAU uniform or college at best.
M.C. Swag
AG
Kellso said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

You have by far the most post on your own thread....is it safe to assume those design were your own?

No offense, but the uniforms you posted look God Awful....especially the Texas jersey.
How the hell does the city edition jersey show the state of Texas and not Dallas?

That looks like an AAU uniform or college at best.

Lol Baller is not the designer of those jerseys. Skyler has been around for a while and I've bought 3 shirts from him in the past. He makes some good stuff.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Take a deep breath. It's gonna be ok!
M.C. Swag
AG
Aggie1199 said:

Doesn't matter what jersey the Mavs wear they always look gay.
You can just get banned now
BallerStaf2003
AG
Troll.
jeffdjohnson
Mavs don't need to go full retro but the green should be much more prominent going forward. Kind of sad that I like the jersey's from this random Twitter user more than their actual ones.
AgGrad99
AG
I like clean/simple uniforms. The ones with crazy font and script across the front, or a bunch of designs look awful.

I dont like the one's in the OP. I dont think the city version is all that bad. It's definitely nothing special...but they're dont look bad. Agree pretty much with MW03, and hope they can take those, and improve upon them.

I'm glad Cuban isn't looking to mimic the 80s style. Those weren't good. But hopefully we can get a new design/logo that is clean and looks good on apparel and on the players.
True Anomaly
AG
PatAg said:

While Skyler put it out, this is actually a joint effort with Mike "Machine" Marshall
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.