***2018 NBA Regular Season***

12,785 Views | 145 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CactusThomas
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For generic talk

Rajon Rondo sucks
COAg15
AG
What an odd way to start this thread
PatAg
AG
not really, it's relevant to the game that was occurring
Pvilleaggie
I think that should've been targeting against Ingram
M.C. Swag
AG
PatAg said:

Rajon Rondo sucks

The bridge that unites rockets and Mavs fans
Wylinstylin
Iowaggie
AG
I wonder if ESPN.com will cover this given how little coverage they've given LeBron going to LA.

I'm also shocked that Rondo and CP3 would be involved.
Wylinstylin
They've hated each other for years. Dating back to 2009.
Iowaggie
AG
David Stern in interview explains Chris Paul veto and crushes GM Dell Demps.

How about Chris Paul, whose trade to the Lakers, Stern vetoed in 2011 during his time as de facto owner of the New Orleans franchise (then the Hornets, now the Pelicans)? "I didn't do a great job of explaining it at the time. There was a trade that [New Orleans GM] Dell Demps wanted us to approve and I said heck no, but he had told [Rockets GM] Daryl Morey and [then Lakers GM] Mitch Kupchak he had authority to do it and he didn't. I said no. We just settled a lockout and you want me to approve a basketball trade?"

"[Demps] had agreed to [trade Paul to the Lakers for] Kevin Martin and Luis Scola or something, and I said we can do better than that.... And the next trade was [to the Clippers for] Eric Gordon and Al-Farouq Aminu and what we thought was a really great draft pick, the 10th pick, which turned out to be Austin Rivers. At least those three and someone else [center Chris Kaman]. But Dell Demps is a lousy general manager and none of those players are currently with the team anymore, and he may lose Anthony Davis."

Stern continues: "I did it because I was protecting the then Hornets.... To this day everyone always asks me, 'Well why did you keep Chris Paul from going to the Lakers?' I didn't keep him. I didn't approve the trade. No team sells or trades a future Hall of Famer without the owner signing off, and I was the owner's rep. But I wasn't going to hand up Dell Demps."

" The real danger, Stern contends, is if you don't engage in the p.r. fray. "Hinkie's biggest mistake," he says when I bring up the former GM of the 76ers, Sam Hinkie. "He wouldn't talk to the media. What was that about?"
M.C. Swag
AG
lol that is such a bush league comment. Regardless if he actually believes that the Hornets were offered a sub-par package for Paul, his comment about 'none of those players are around anymore' have nothing to do with the that transaction or the quality of Demps as a GM.

Glad he's no longer commish of the NBA.
Pumpkinhead
AG
In case anybody missed it, Steph Curry torched the Wizards for 51 points in 3 quarters last night, to be added as another item on his Greatest Shooter Ever resume.

Enzo The Baker
AG
Cavs already fire Lue six games into the season. Even with LeBron it's a miracle that franchise won a championship with that front office.
Silvertaps
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Cavs already fire Lue six games into the season. Even with LeBron it's a miracle that franchise won a championship with that front office.

The puppet master (LBJ) left, so makes sense to be rid of the puppet coach.
Seven Costanza
AG
Klay has 9-11 from 3 with 5:00 left in the 2nd quarter. 31 points.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Klay gonna break the record
Seven Costanza
AG
14 3's and 52 points in 2.5 quarters.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Lakers 2-5. How long will Walton's leash be? I bet Magic fires him.
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Will Magic or LeBron fire him?
Enzo The Baker
AG
jteagle said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Will Magic or LeBron fire him?

LeBron via Magic.
M.C. Swag
AG
the Warriors are insane. ugh
COAg15
AG
DRose dropping 50 tonight was awesome to watch. Guy has fought through a lot
Scientific
AG
COAg15 said:

DRose dropping 50 tonight was awesome to watch. Guy has fought through a lot

Rose will forever be a legend. So much potential. It's great to see someone who loves the sport so much climb over that hill.
M.C. Swag
AG
Feel like him blowing out his knee wasn't all downside. Dude had to develop a jump shot. And now he's getting some of that burst back and he's just an all around complete offensive player. He'll never be the "jump-out-of-the-gym" athlete he was but his overall game is much better. Dude is balling out and has been all season.
Iowaggie
AG
I was worried in the celebration that he would injure his knee again.

I hope he plays 65 games this year, but I don't think he will, especially with Thibs as coach.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Kings are 6-3.
Good Poster
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Feel like him blowing out his knee wasn't all downside. Dude had to develop a jump shot. And now he's getting some of that burst back and he's just an all around complete offensive player. He'll never be the "jump-out-of-the-gym" athlete he was but his overall game is much better. Dude is balling out and has been all season.

Lol what??????
M.C. Swag
AG
Money Ag said:

M.C. Swag said:

Lol what??????

Just looking at the silver lining. In the couple games I've watched he seems to be able to score from all over the court (something you couldn't say in the old days). Maybe I worded that a little too strong.
Seven Costanza
AG
Without looking it up, which team has the highest payroll this season?
jteagle
AG
Lavar says he could coach the Lakers to a championship with his eyes closed. Just keep Lonzo and Lebron on the floor the whole time and rotate around them.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/25172701
WES2006AG
AG
Lonzo has to cringe every time a reporter asks him about the latest dumb thing his dad said. Magic is eventually going to grow tired of the situation and realize Lonzo's game isn't worth the trouble his idiot father causes.
LawHall88
AG
So what do you do with Fultz? Send him to G-League for the year?

Btron
AG
Trouble in Paradise for Golden State? Maybe this will build up and set them back and will allow someone else to be champs.
Wishful thinking of course
WES2006AG
AG
Btron said:

Trouble in Paradise for Golden State? Maybe this will build up and set them back and will allow someone else to be champs.
That is very wishful thinking but I am all for it. Internal fighting from the Warriors may be the best shot any other team has this season.
LawHall88
AG
I mean, seriously, what are the 76ers doing?
Iowaggie
AG
WES2006AG said:

Btron said:

That is very wishful thinking but I am all for it. Internal fighting from the Warriors may be the best shot any other team has this season.

It's been reported that Draymond basically told Durant the same things that have been mentioned on a lot of message boards.

In a summarized version, Green shouted, "You're a witch and you know you're a witch." (but, not a witch)

But what ultimately led to Green's suspension, sources said, Green blurted to Durant something along the lines of, "We don't need you. We won without you. Leave," sources said.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.