*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

725,879 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
k20dub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dan Scott said:

Mavs beat the Warriors by 35 on the road. Wow.

And the Nuggets now in first place
gougler08
AG
So if the standings stay basically this same way, do we lose the last couple of games on purpose to get the 4 seed and avoid GS, knowing that puts us up against OKC instead of he Clips? Obviously still a lot of moving parts
AgBrother
Still think GS ends up first Denver's schedule is brutal 9 of 11 against playoff teams including us, GS, OKC, Utah and Portland twice
AG@RICE
AG
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/title-tk-the-james-harden-kevin-martin-shot-chart-comparison/

I'm sure someone has posted this before, but this was an incredibly prophetic article written by Kirk Goldsberry on Oct 31, 2012 - a few days after the Thunder traded Harden to the Rockets for Kevin Martin and a bag of magic beans.

Quote:

James Harden plays basketball like a video game character: all 3s, dunks, and layups. About 87 percent of his shots come from either near the rim or beyond the 3-point arc. He's great in both areas, but make no mistake it's his ability to create and convert opportunities at the basket that makes him special. He's incredible off the dribble, in transition, and in pick-and-roll situations. He has a high basketball IQ that's most obvious in the two-man game, in which he reads and reacts better and faster than almost any other NBA player.

Simply put, Harden is an elite player for two reasons: his ability to create close-range shots, and his ability to make long-range shots. When you look at his shooting chart, you realize it's almost as if mid-range shots bore him.

When Goldsberry wrote this article, Harden had just completed his 3rd season with the Thunder where he increased his average points per game to 16....this season he is at 36.
k20dub
AG
Wow, that was a good article.
CFTXAG10
AG
Curious what everyone would think about facing the Warriors in round 2 instead of WCF?

I can see positives and negatives. Obviously its a tough matchup because they haven't been de-throned just yet, but getting them earlier vs. fighting through two rounds might prove to be beneficial. Less mileage on CP3/Harden.
k20dub
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Curious what everyone would think about facing the Warriors in round 2 instead of WCF?

I can see positives and negatives. Obviously its a tough matchup because they haven't been de-throned just yet, but getting them earlier vs. fighting through two rounds might prove to be beneficial. Less mileage on CP3/Harden.

Completely on board with this. If they lose one of their stars, they have 3 others that can step up. If we lose Harden or CP, then we are screwed. I'd rather face them earlier on.
Farmer1906
AG
If we beat GS then lose a star then we're stull screwed. We need health to beat GS or any good team in the postseason.
k20dub
AG
AgDoc03
AG
Pacers crushing Nuggets by 40. No one wants top seed in west
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Dan Scott
AG
Forgot how ugly this pelicans court is
AgDoc03
AG
Nice boring win tonight where Harden got some rest
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
rvk246
AG

House with the Harden stepback
CFTXAG10
rvk246
AG

Yikes
Silent For Too Long
Moar W
3rdGen2015
AG
WES2006AG
AG
Danuel was back to contributing tonight
Silent For Too Long
It seemed like Capela was having a good stretch at the line so I went back and looked and since March 10th he's 24/34 good for 70.5%. It would be very nice if he could keep that kind of touch in the playoffs.
TXAG14
CFTXAG10
AG
Tonight should be fun. The Beard vs. The Greek Freak.
rvk246
AG
You mean tomorrow night?
CFTXAG10
AG
Ha! Yes, got ahead of myself. Ready to watch these MVP candidates go at it. Personally I don't believe it's even close but theirs still a few out there that think Giannis and Harden are neck and neck
canadiaggie
AG
If Harden shows out and we beat the Bucks, I'm pretty sure he locks up MVP
CFTXAG10
AG
Nurkic. His season is over. Disgusting leg injury in 2OT for those not watching
Texaggie7nine
Props to his one teammate that put supporting his hurt teammate over his own aversion to being grossed out.
7nine
AgDoc03
AG
I loved the ref kicking that leg as he walks OVER him following a gruesome injury.
Post removed:
by user
CFTXAG10
AG
Tonight should be fun. The Beard vs. The Greek Freak.
WES2006AG
AG
Just Google Nurkic, it will be the first thing that pops up.

Viewer discretion advised.
Post removed:
by user
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Old Wooden Ship
AG
Post removed:
by user
Dan Scott
AG
Excited for this game. Almost gametime!
First Page Last Page
Page 94 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.