*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

718,243 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
mAgnoliAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
k20dub said:

rvk246
AG
k20dub said:

Morey hasn't done one thing this season to stop the bleeding. When is James ever gonna get help?
Faustus
Just unilaterally convert him then, if the prior post was accurate. The team is too undermanned and the West too tight to play hard ball and send him back down just because we want him on the cheap beyond this year.

He's shown enough he'll get a contract this offseason from someone regardless if the Rockets keep him down with the Vipers the rest of the year.

It seems even if the Rockets converted his contract they can still negotiate longer term, and all parties are happy. I'm sure some story will come out explaining what's happening tomorrow as far as options.
dcaggie04
AG
Rockets last offer to House was 3 years at league minimum gauranteed. House and agent rejected.
Hickory High
AG
dcaggie04 said:

Rockets last offer to House was 3 years at league minimum gauranteed. House and agent rejected.

And that's about all we can afford. If House thinks he's worth more, best of luck to him. I don't think he is.

Morey didn't do anything wrong here.
Ags #1
AG
Yep. Not sure why house rejected that deal
WES2006AG
AG
Danuel must think there's 2016 off season money out there and is holding out for the max.
Seven Costanza
AG

He can probably do better than three years at the league minimum this offseason.
Hickory High
AG
I don't think he can. Danuel was headed to Europe if we hadn't picked him up. Coach Pringles has made him look a lot better than he is.
Seven Costanza
AG
Whoa, I didn't realize the minimum is as much as it is (the 3 year deal offered is over $4MM). You're right, he won't get that much. I thought the league minimum was like $600k/year.
lil99chris
AG
So he would have been signing for around $1 million/year to play in the NBA for his hometown team? How much is he expecting to get in the offseason?

...what was he making as a two-way contact? $80k?
agdaddy04
AG
He should fire his agent yesterday. That's ridiculous
Hickory High
AG
With how Brothers has handled Fultz and now House, sounds like he's a pretty terrible agent.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Meh starting quality player always deserves more than league min. Rockets can't give it to him now so they're playing hardball and leaving him in the g league so he's more inclined to sign. Pretty soon if he doesn't bite they'll bring him back for the rest of the year.
Ags #1
AG
Would he be a starting quality player anywhere else in the league? And would he be starting if cp3 and Gordon where healthy? House can play hardball if he wants as well just might bite him in the arse.

M.C. Swag
AG
Agree or disagree with his decision, the dude is betting on himself. Takes courage and he's still an Ag. Wish him the best.
Aggie09Derek
AG
When is Gordon back?
WES2006AG
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

When is Gordon back?
I heard Bullard say about a week during the pregame last Wednesday. That means it should be tonight or pretty soon assuming there hasn't been a setback.
AG@RICE
AG
Despite the fact that I want him to be on the Rockets long term, I strongly support Danuel for a few reasons:
1) He is worth more than the league min. He is easily a 10-15 min guy on any team right now.
2) He may never have more leverage in his entire life than he does right now to sign over a min. contract.
3) He is an Ag (who isn't embarrassing us).

My guess is he holds out long enough that they just convert his contract to a 1-year deal and then he becomes a RFA. Even if he ends up playing under a qualifying offer, he might make 2x or 3x more money. I love the Rockets, but hard to cheer against a fellow Ag making well earned money...
B$Weigem
AG
k20dub said:

WTF
mAgnoliAg
AG
He is starting quality. I never said he would be starting everywhere in the league, but he would be for quite a few teams, and I think he might even be still starting here when CP and Gordon are back
Texaggie7nine
I think he is only going to get better, so something like a 2 or 2.5 mil a year for 3 years would be saving $ on him in the long term I think.
7nine
3rdGen2015
AG
And here's the House replacement.

shano0603
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

And here's the House replacement.

Who?
Ags #1
AG
He shot 38.5% from 3 in limited action with the wolves.
k20dub
AG
I wonder if Morey just goes to NBA.com and clicks "sort players by 3 point percentage" then scrolls down until he finds one he can get on a 10 day contract.
Harry Dunne
If James Ennis with absolutely no upside is worth $1.8M a year for two years, then House is worth that or a little more.
CFTXAG10
AG
k20dub
AG
Gordon starting tonight
WES2006AG
AG
k20dub said:

Gordon starting tonight

First good news we have had in what seems like forever.
Hickory High
AG
Harry Dunne said:

If James Ennis with absolutely no upside is worth $1.8M a year for two years, then House is worth that or a little more.

Ennis is a vastly better, more versatile defender (when fully healthy).
Harry Dunne
Hickory High said:

Harry Dunne said:

Ennis has been a replacement level role player for bad teams his entire career.

House has upside.
LarryElder
Ennis sucks...Please tell me the House deal gets done dude is exactly what we need.
ATM9000
AG
Hickory High said:

Harry Dunne said:

Keep you pants on about Ennis. His career thus far, contract and finally actual play for us this season all point to he's not very good.
rvk246
AG
Is it possible to trade Ennis and Nene for Ariza?
First Page Last Page
Page 45 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.