*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

717,697 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Pumpkinhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When there is 'parity', then lots of the media and fan bases start complaining that there is no 'great' team(s). Then when there is a great team, people complain about lack of parity. Just seems like that debate is a no-win situation.
Hickory High
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

When there is 'parity', then lots of the media and fan bases start complaining that there is no 'great' team(s). Then when there is a great team, people complain about lack of parity. Just seems like that debate is a no-win situation.
Who are "people"?

I mean ya, "people" are going to both dislike and like just about anything at all, ever.
Mr.Bond
AG
I'm obviously speaking for myself here...... But **** "great teams" I want parity

Nick Saban has slowly ruined my favorite sport due to lack of parity
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Aggie09Derek
AG
You just gonna ignore the bet?
Pumpkinhead
AG
Hickory High said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Who are "people"?

I mean ya, "people" are going to both dislike and like just about anything at all, ever.
Exactly. No win. But at least the NBA is rarely boring because of all the characters involved.
AG@RICE
AG
Ugh...this was the outcome I was worried about. No net change in our roster, yet we shopped everyone publicly so now there is feelings of butthurt...
Guitarsoup
AG
AG@RICE said:

Ugh...this was the outcome I was worried about. No net change in our roster, yet we shopped everyone publicly so now there is feelings of butthurt...
It wouldn't surprise me to see Capela, Tucker, or Gordon ask for a trade now that Houston made it clear they were willing to trade them for Jimmy Butler.
YNWA_AG
AG
They are professionals don't be ridiculous.
CFTXAG10
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
Rockets said to have great interest in Iggy if he gets a buyout. Not really a surprise.
3rdGen2015
AG
YNWA_AG said:

They are professionals don't be ridiculous.
They are also people. Would you do your job as well if your company said they wanted to replace you?
CFTXAG10
AG
Guitarsoup said:

AG@RICE said:

It wouldn't surprise me to see Capela, Tucker, or Gordon ask for a trade now that Houston made it clear they were willing to trade them for Jimmy Butler.
I was talking to a few folks last night about Capela in particular. I wouldn't be surprised if they still traded him and used the cap savings for other free agent additions or to take on salary in a trade. May not happen before the season, but could see Morey dangling him out there all the way up to the deadline.
Guitarsoup
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Guitarsoup said:

AG@RICE said:

I was talking to a few folks last night about Capela in particular. I wouldn't be surprised if they still traded him and used the cap savings for other free agent additions or to take on salary in a trade. May not happen before the season, but could see Morey dangling him out there all the way up to the deadline.
His contract is such a great one and he is young and showing signs of improving each year, I'm sure the Rockets can get a good return for him.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Would have gotten much better before last years postseason.
Hickory High
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

You just gonna ignore the bet?

I'm not making a bet in July. We can discuss further as the season gets closer.
CFTXAG10
AG
Gonna be interesting to see what the Heat do to complete the trade with Philly. Mavs just signed Curry to 4/32. Running out of options to move Dragic.

Welp,

3rdGen2015
AG
Glad Myers Leonard is out of the West. He seems like he could become one of those role players that's just obnoxious to play against.
canadiaggie
AG
Why does Portland want Whiteside? Insurance until Nurkic comes back?
Guitarsoup
AG

Nm
CFTXAG10
AG

Love it!
3rdGen2015
AG
I guess we're just running it back. Hopefully we either get another backup C or Hartenstein makes a jump to be able to give consistent backup 5 minutes.
YNWA_AG
AG
Hoping we somehow get jamychal green
Olsen
AG
YNWA_AG
AG
Rivers took vet min
Guitarsoup
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Rivers took vet min

Wow. A couple years ago he was averaging 15/4 and getting all-defense votes.
rvk246
AG
Wow that is a massive pay cut for Rivers. He should be making around $8-10 million in this market IMO.
Guitarsoup
AG
Rockets can still offer a salary starting at 5.7mm.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Farmer1906
AG
Pat Bev got 3 year, 40 M. Seth Curry got 4 year, 32 M. He could have easily gotten 2-3 years at around 7-10 M.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Late to party dshedd!
dshedd41
Olsen
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
Aggie09Derek
AG
Helps when his dad is making $7m a year and Austin isn't having to fork over $$$ to support everyone.
Max Power
AG
Thank goodness Butler to Houston is dead.
First Page Last Page
Page 242 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.