*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

718,516 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
TXAG14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Blowout muh fuggahs.
rvk246
AG
Rockets are back
RebAg13
AG
Big game for the fee of the season
zgood10
CFTXAG10
AG
Always feels good to beat the Warriors, even w/o Curry. Glad this will prolong the trouble in paradise narrative
WES2006AG
AG
That was fun
CFTXAG10
AG
3rdGen2015
AG
Next 6:

vs SAC, vs DET, @ DET, @ CLE, @ WAS, vs DAL

Pretty soft schedule to keep this gravy train rolling
Ags #1
AG
Who said Ennis is garbage? Since that post he has been nails. Maybe the tyler white of this thread
Texaggie7nine
Nice to watch Rockets West beating the Spurs
7nine
AG@RICE
AG@RICE
AG
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/rockets/article/Rockets-happy-to-see-Jeff-Bzdelik-back-13389697.php

Quote:

Jeff Bzdelik worked for a few minutes with James Ennis III and Gary Clark. He sat and talked with P.J. Tucker, with Tucker at times gesturing toward the Pepsi Center court as if there was a screen and switch to call out the way Bzdelik taught.
That description was prior to the Nuggets game.

Coach Jeff has already started working with the guys behind the scene. Pay that man whatever he wants Darryl.
Harry Dunne
WES2006AG
AG
No idea if Bzdelik made any difference or not but the D looked really good last night. They were moving well, switching, and did a great job making the Warriors take low percentage contested shots.

Night and day difference compared to the first few weeks of the season.
AG@RICE
AG
Another good quote for the morning:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/brian-t-smith/article/Smith-Gary-Clark-s-inner-fire-exactly-what-13397587.php

Quote:

"The biggest thing is his character," D'Antoni said. "He was hurt this summer and you could just see his eyes. ... He could shoot and that was all he could do. He played on one ankle in Cincinnati and he was still Defensive Player of the Year. And I'm telling you the ankle was messed up."

Pregame Thursday, the Rockets' coach was informed there was "no way" an injured Clark was running the court versus the NBA's reigning champion.

He finished the evening with nine points, seven rebounds (three offensive), two assists and two blocks in 27 minutes, 31 seconds of selfless action.

"I walked to Gary and he says, 'Yeah, I'm playing,' " D'Antoni said. "So that's the kind of kid he is. ... He deserves all the confidence we can give him."
Hickory High
AG
So I guess Clark is gonna be out for a few weeks then...
Good Poster
AG
Happy with the win over GS but I'm not gonna overreact to that because the Rockets are still not playing that great of basketball (losing Melo helps) and GS was without Curry and Cousins and only made 3 pointers which I expect to never happen again. Keep winning and let Morey work some magic on the phones.
Hickory High
AG
Money Ag said:

Happy with the win over GS but I'm not gonna overreact to that because the Rockets are still not playing that great of basketball (losing Melo helps) and GS was without Curry and Cousins and only made 3 pointers which I expect to never happen again.

Each sentence of this is ridiculous.
M.C. Swag
AG
I think all he's tying to say is that Houston caught GS at the perfect time. Between their 2 time MVP being hurt and their other MVP being in the middle of off-court turmoil with the emotional leader of the team...all of that combined with a road stint added for a game ripe for a blowout. I wouldn't bank on the results of that game staying the same if it was re-played in the month of May.
Hickory High
AG
I'm not putting an asterisk like that by any of our wins. Curry is hurt and their team chemistry is a mess? Tough ****, that's part of the game. We just blew out the two best teams in the West. Nothing but good things to take away. Also this:

Good Poster
AG
How does anyone tolerate this dude on this board? How did I put an asterisk next to that win? All I said is I'm not going to overreact to that win and act like the team has fixed their issues. Take the win and get ready for the next game. Earlier this season this guy was saying it was panic time. Jesus.
Hickory High
AG
Money Ag said:

How does anyone tolerate this dude on this board? How did I put an asterisk next to that win? All I said is I'm not going to overreact to that win and act like the team has fixed their issues. Take the win and get ready for the next game. Earlier this season this guy was saying it was panic time. Jesus.

The point is that we ARE playing great basketball now. Sorry if I interpreted your intention incorrectly.

This is definitely a first time for me that I've had someone get mad at me for an overtly positive post though.
k20dub
AG
A rare occurrence that I agree with Hickory on this. Who gives AF about when we caught GS. We lose and y'all *****, we win and it's not good enough. We still need to figure out a bigger rotation of guys. Just be patient.
WES2006AG
AG
71 point 1st half
CFTXAG10
AG
Another W
Texaggie7nine
Me likey
7nine
3rdGen2015
AG
Oh yeah. The squad definitely has their mojo back.
rvk246
AG
Aggies win rockets win
WES2006AG
AG
What a difference a week makes
Hickory High
AG
Lots to like about that box score. Looking forward to watching highlights of this later.
AG@RICE
AG
I knew removing Melo was going to make our defense better, but I am impressed with how much better our offense is without him. He was a good enough shooter, so I figured replacing his offensive output with Clark/Ennis/Tucker would be a wash. Interestingly, we actually look like a much better offensive team without him and the returns are not coming from those 3 players. Dropping Melo opened up a little more space for Clint and has generated way more movement off the ball. Harden, CP3 and Clint are able to score and pass much more easily and everything is falling back into place.

I think one solid conclusion from the Melo experiment is that our current team cannot tolerate a player who needs to operate in the midrange. Guys like Melo and MCW base too much of their offensive approach on generating midrange jump shots. Their presence alone adds bodies to the lane making the CP3/Harden/Capella axis less effective.

I still think Melo's skills as a shooter could have been useful for the Rockets, but I just think he was too stupid to play for us. In 2018 everyone in the gym (players, coaches, fans, concession stand workers) knows that a 20-ft jump shot is stupid....except Melo
shano0603
AG
Hickory High said:

I'm not putting an asterisk like that by any of our wins. Curry is hurt and their team chemistry is a mess? Tough ****, that's part of the game. We just blew out the two best teams in the West. Nothing but good things to take away. Also this:

Maybe they need to be reminded the only reason they won a title was because CP3 got hurt.
Texaggie7nine
Shakey start but I'll take it. Felt worried coming to my first game this year, but we are starting to show glimpses of last year.
7nine
mAgnoliAg
AG
That's a horrifically bad offensive foul call
Hickory High
AG
Capela's hands are incredible. So beautiful.
First Page Last Page
Page 21 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.