The Basketball Tournament 2018

2,593 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Seven Costanza
ColoradoMooseHerd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thursday, July 26
7:00PM - #2 Ram Nation (VCU) 78 vs #6 Team DRC 65
9:00PM - #1 Overseas Elite 87 vs #4 Louisiana United 86

Friday, July 27
7:00PM - #2 Team Fredette 104 vs. #6 Fort Wayne Champs 91
9:00PM - #1 Scarlet and Gray (Ohio State) 72 vs. #12 PrimeTime Players 60

Saturday, July 28
11:00AM - #3 Golden Eagles (Marquette) 73 vs. #15 Talladega Knights 66
1:00PM - #1 Boeheim's Army 73 vs. #4 Armored Athlete 66
3:00PM - #1 Team Challenge ALS 86 vs #4 Sons Of Westwood (UCLA) 80
5:00PM - #3 Gael Force (St. Mary's) 59 vs #7 Eberlein Drive 72

Sunday, July 29
11:00AM - #1 Overseas Elite 72 vs. #2 Ram Nation (VCU) 60
1:00PM - #1 Boeheim's Army (Syracuse) 86 vs. #3 Golden Eagles (Marquette) 90
3:00PM - #1 Scarlet and Gray (Ohio State) 78 vs. #2 Team Fredette 100
7:00PM - #1 Team Challenge ALS 67 vs. #7 Eberlein Drive 78

SEMIFINALS - BALTIMORE, MD
Thursday, August 2
7:00PM - #1 Overseas Elite 85 vs. #3 Golden Eagles (Marquette) 60
9:00PM - #2 Team Fredette 76 vs. #7 Eberlein Drive 80

$2 MILLION CHAMMPIONSHIP GAME
Friday, August 3
9:00PM - #1 Overseas Elite vs. #7 Eberlein Drive ESPN

ColoradoMooseHerd
ELAM ENDING - If you have not heard of it, this is what the future of NBA and NCAA Tournament Games should be

How it works: At the first dead-ball whistle after the time goes below four minutes in the final quarter, the clock gets turned off. At that point, a target score is set, equaling the leading team's point total plus seven. Then, the first team to hit that target score wins.

So, if my team is up by 10 when the Elam Ending activates, I need to score seven points before my opponent scores 17. It's still an uphill climb for the trailing team, but it eliminates the parade of intentional fouls that can make the end of games interminable free-throw contests.

If you have not seen it in action, was the TBT and see true genius
ColoradoMooseHerd
More Information on the Tournament and the players can be found here. Lots of former NBA and NCAA greats in tourney

https://www.thetournament.com/
ColoradoMooseHerd
Please tell me I was not the only one to see the end of overseas elite vs Louisiana United. You missed a great ending. And that is why the NBA and NCAA need to adopt the Elam Ending
ColoradoMooseHerd
Jimmer Fredette leads his team tonight. If anyone is interested................
LawHall88
AG
I'm not sold on the Elam ending. I don't think there is anything more dramatic than a "buzzer beater."

But this article was kind of fun:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/7/27/17621680/nba-elam-ending-classic-games
ColoradoMooseHerd
LawHall88 said:

I'm not sold on the Elam ending. I don't think there is anything more dramatic than a "buzzer beater."

With the Elam Ending - Every game has a buzzer beater
ColoradoMooseHerd
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/24186302/jimmer-fredette-brigham-young-cougars-basketball-tournament
LawHall88
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

LawHall88 said:

With the Elam Ending - Every game has a buzzer beater
Not really. No clock, no buzzer. A true "last shot" situation you are playing against the opponent and the clock.
ColoradoMooseHerd
8 Teams Left - All #1 seeds are left, along with two #2 seeds and a #3 seed.
Seven Costanza
AG
Donald Sloan plays for Eberlein Drive, one of the remaining teams. He scored 32 points the other day, although he didn't play yesterday (injury or sick, I don't know).
ColoradoMooseHerd
Donald did not play again yesterday. Now they face Jimmer Fredette
ColoradoMooseHerd
3 - #1 seeds were eliminated in the quarterfinals.

Next round is Thursday Night, with Overseas Elite still undefeated over the tournament history. The championship game is a $2 million game - winner takes all. Championship is Friday night - Aug 3rd.
Seven Costanza
AG
I would be more interested in this if all of the players were former big names in college. Maybe they could add a rule that you need to have been an All-Conference player at on a major conference team or a First-Team All-Conference guy on a mid-lower major. This technically makes the talent pool worse, but I think it would be more interesting to watch.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Game time
ColoradoMooseHerd
Tonight - Donald Sloan led Eberlein Drive will take on Never Been beaten Overseas Elite
Obi Wan Ginobili
Seven Costanza said:

I would be more interested in this if all of the players were former big names in college. Maybe they could add a rule that you need to have been an All-Conference player at on a major conference team or a First-Team All-Conference guy on a mid-lower major. This technically makes the talent pool worse, but I think it would be more interesting to watch.

That sounds really boring, if you ask me. We've already seen them play. Let's see what the rest of the world has to offer. I love seeing guys I've never heard of play at a high level.
Isaih Smollett
Agree. This tourney has been a great watch, especially with Sloan last night
ColoradoMooseHerd
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

Seven Costanza said:

That sounds really boring, if you ask me. We've already seen them play. Let's see what the rest of the world has to offer. I love seeing guys I've never heard of play at a high level.
Agree. I want the guys that have worked on their game and are now better or were overlooked before. Why would you ever take lesser players just because you know who they are? You play to win
Seven Costanza
AG
The games I was most drawn to were the ones with players that I already knew. "How's Jimmer look out there?" "Can Greg Oden still play at all?" "Will Sloan dominate these guys?"

Having some player or team brand recognition is a big part of what draws people in to sports. People generally haven't cared about Canadian football, not because of the product, but because no one knows who these teams are or who the players are. Throw in a big name like Manziel and people become interested.

If you could get 90% of the quality with bigger names, I think it would be more appealing to most people. Of course "The Big 3" league is a bunch of former big names and I have no interest in it whatsoever. It's probably 20% of the quality, though. I suppose if any of the former big names had any ability remaining and weren't already making a lot of money playing somewhere, they'd be in this tournament anyway, so maybe the quality would be awful.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.