What can you do when the refs control a game?

4,718 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ags #1
Habanero Guero
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tonight was horrendous. Is there anything Dantoni or Morey can do with the league about how awful the officiating was? It seems like there's a lack of accountability from officials in many sports
92Ag95
AG
Exactly!

61 pts first half
24 pts 2nd half

No fn' way in hell that wasn't the refs. Harden was getting sodomized with no calls....total fn' bs.
Matsui
AG
The nba does release a ref report on wrong calls after each game.
Habanero Guero
AG
Will that lead to anything? Or just an acknowledgement that there may be an issue?
CreedBratton
Matsui said:

Isn't that just for the final 2 minutes? Because that won't mean a damn thing if that's all it is.
lil99chris
AG
There is not much that can be done. The guys that officiated tonight are the lead officials for most games. I mentioned it in the game thread.......Ed Malloy was very friendly to the Warriors.

http://official.nba.com/referee-assignments/

Ken Mauer - officiated for 32 seasons
David Guthrie - officiated for 13 season
Ed Malloy - officiated for 16 seasons
O'Doyle Rules
AG
Man up and stop blaming the refs
Ozamataz Buckshank
AG
you could stop cryin about it
Gigem Trevas
Getting outscored by 39 in the second half and the refs controlled the game. Not Houston playing 6 players and running out of gas.
rausr
AG
Matsui said:

They will run out of paper and printer ink for this one.
Gigem Trevas
ATM9000
AG
Don't be Jazz or Thunder fans about the ass whipping the team took last night.
BBQ4Me
AG
Throw a chair across the court
Pumpkinhead
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

Getting outscored by 39 in the second half and the refs controlled the game. Not Houston playing 6 players and running out of gas.
Houston losing their legs had a LOT to do with that drop-off last night. You can definitely argue some ref calls, but when you score only 25 points in the second half (and only 9 points in the 4th quarter), there is a lot more going on that just the refs. Besides not getting some calls and wearing down, the Rockets also had 23 turnovers which is way too many.

The Rockets look like they just flat out got tired. They've been playing primarily 6-7 guys every night, and losing Paul tightened the screws a bunch more. GSW meanwhile last night took a lot more chances throwing minutes at bench players out there in the first three quarters like Livingston, West, Looney, Bell, and Nick Young, trying to buy minutes for their stars to sit more.

Add all of the above to Curry and Thompson in vintage 'Splash Brothers' shooting mode, and you got a loss. The refs were simply not the deciding factor in why that game was lost by the Rockets last night.
Gigem Trevas
Pumpkinhead said:

Gigem Trevas said:

Houston losing their legs had a LOT to do with that drop-off last night. You can definitely argue some ref calls, but when you score only 25 points in the second half (and only 9 points in the 4th quarter), there is a lot more going on that just the refs. Besides not getting some calls and wearing down, the Rockets also had 23 turnovers which is way too many.

The Rockets look like they just flat out got tired. They've been playing primarily 6-7 guys every night, and losing Paul tightened the screws a bunch more. GSW meanwhile last night took a lot more chances throwing minutes at bench players out there in the first three quarters like Livingston, West, Looney, Bell, and Nick Young, trying to buy minutes for their stars to sit more.

Add all of the above to Curry and Thompson in vintage 'Splash Brothers' shooting mode, and you got a loss. The refs were simply not the deciding factor in why that game was lost by the Rockets last night.

He's always historically run players into the ground in the playoffs.
Aggie_2463
AG
When you are up 17 then lose by 29, it's not the ref's fault.
Gigem Trevas
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/8mjbao/james_harden_has_shot_a_combined_216_09_3pt/?st=JHPAF6CB&sh=422d6ccd
Guitarsoup
Gigem Trevas
Bump.
CampingAg
AG
One thing I would try NOT doing is missing 37 three-pointers.
Gigem Trevas
27 in a row.
Ags #1
AG
Lol at spurs and mavs fans. Enjoy tanking
trm94
AG
Missing that many threes, and then trying to blame the refs? Really?
DrZ
AG
The Rockets shot terrible. But if you really are unable to see the inconsistency in the calls then you are just silly. The announcers were appalled. It detracts from the game. The warriors have a long history of moving screens but last night was epic.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ags #1 said:

Tanking? The Spurs made the playoffs.

The Rockets invented taking anyway, which is why the lottery was called the Rocket Rule
Bones08
AG
Mavericks fans were asking the same officiating questions after the 2006 finals. I'm sure Rockets fans were sympathetic.
Gigem Trevas
https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1001314049009872896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231001314049009872896
SquirrellyDan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Ags #1 said:

Tanking? The Spurs made the playoffs.

The Rockets invented taking anyway, which is why the lottery was called the Rocket Rule
The Spurs got bounced in the first round and were lucky to make it at all. Your future is darker even then most other NBA teams not named the Warriors.

Enjoy your San Antonio Missions' minor league baseball games before they move to the greener pastures of Amarillo.
Gigem Trevas
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/8mw2rm/harden_sets_a_record_for_threepoint_misses_in_a/
The Ragonk Strikes Back
harden sucked. he is on weird drugs
Guitarsoup
AG
Spurs made the playoffs again like clockwork. Just like every other year. Bounced by the same team as the Rockets. So clearly not tanking.

Go back to your little Rockets thread, kid. You'll be much happier taking about the grand ref conspiracy against the rockets there
WES2006AG
AG
Looking forward to Kawahi openly talking about how much it sucked to live in SA after he forces a trade this offseason.

That's when the real tanking begins.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Spurs made the playoffs again like clockwork. Just like every other year. Bounced by the same team as the Rockets. So clearly not tanking.

Go back to your little Rockets thread, kid. You'll be much happier taking about the grand ref conspiracy against the rockets there
Wow. Touched a nerve there didn't I?

BTW, I never said the refs cost the Rockets this game. Carry on though, angry little fellow.

Edit: Also never said anything about Spurs tanking. I think you're confused. Stick to photography.
Guitarsoup
AG
I must be confused. All you crybaby Rockets fans sound alike. You definitely didn't touch a nerve by talking about a minor league baseball team in a city I haven't lived in in 20 years. Good try, though.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

I must be confused. All you crybaby Rockets fans sound alike. You definitely didn't touch a nerve by talking about a minor league baseball team in a city I haven't lived in in 20 years. Good try, though.
Good on you for moving out of San Antonio to a better city...I'm assuming it's Houston given how worried you are about Houston sports fans.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.