2018 Eastern Conference Finals

9,077 Views | 143 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MondayMorningQB
BBQ4Me
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BOS looks great so far, especially Tatum

Still mind boggling that PHI could've had Tatum and a 1st round pick instead of Fultz
Sapper Redux
This one has been fun. The Celtics could have scored 0 points in the 2nd quarter and had a 1 point lead at half time. That's insane. Still a lot to play against the best player in the NBA.
canadiaggie
AG
I have a feeling this is going to be like the Pacers series. If Lebron shows up 4 times, they'll win. If Lebron shows up 3 times, they lose. That's it.
Sapper Redux
The Celtics have more talent than Indiana and a better coach. LeBron needs some help this series.
rambo_99
Lebron doesn't have 3 hall of fame players or 5 all stars so he's not going to win. Odds that he joins the most talented team next year is high. Can't win unless he does. The most apologetic superstar that ever played in all of sport.

Comparing him to mj is a farce. Let's start with Tim Duncan comparisons. Once he passes TD we can work our way up.
rambo_99
Cavs tonight were -32 with lebron on the floor. GOAT
CantStopWontStop
I'll take Durant, Westbrook, and Anthony Davis right now over LBJ.
500,000ags
AG
Westbrook over LBJ? Nope.
Hudson2508
AG
Wow this is a bad take.
TheMasterplan
fightinags2013
AG
Lol... Westbrook over LBJ? Wow.
rambo_99
LeCramp hits a walk off shot in game 3 of the conference semi finals against the RAPTORS and ESPN is ready to debate best of all time. What?!?!
Ulrich
rambo_99 said:

LeCramp hits a walk off shot in game 3 of the conference semi finals against the RAPTORS and ESPN is ready to debate best of all time. What?!?!

Yep, that was it, that's all LeBron did to make it into the GOAT discussion.
Seven Costanza
AG
It's interesting to go back through the playoff game logs for Jordan. I tend to remember him as being a damn near faultless player, but he had some really bad games during his championship years too.
zooguy96
Jordan didn't have all-NBA types playing around him all the time and he didn't pick his teammates. That's why LeDumb will never be the best. MJ played harder and knew he was the man; LeDumb only thinks he's the man even though he's clearly Queen James in his attitude.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
Sapper Redux
zooguy96 said:

Jordan didn't have all-NBA types playing around him all the time and he didn't pick his teammates. That's why LeDumb will never be the best. MJ played harder and knew he was the man; LeDumb only thinks he's the man even though he's clearly Queen James in his attitude.

Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman are in the Hall of Fame as is his coach. Now, kindly come up with a better nickname than "LeDumb." I'd say that's lazy, but laziness deserves more credit.
Bunk Moreland
Are there 4 different simplebay trolls on this thread or is it just a new crop of morons?
HossAg
AG
Celtics are such a great team to watch.
MookieBlaylock
AG
The NBA is gonna be saved by the Celtics bc this league is garbage

BBQ4Me
AG
Tatum with his 9th 20+ pt game in the playoffs.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
2017's draft class might end up being the best since 2003.
rambo_99
Can we retire the lewhine plays with the worst players in the history of ever argument now? Getting out played by a backcourt with like 5 years of combined nba experience.

Imagine if Duncan got outplayed by a rookie Stackhouse, iverson, and theo Ratliff.
Ulrich
rambo_99 said:

Can we retire the lewhine plays with the worst players in the history of ever argument now? Getting out played by a backcourt with like 5 years of combined nba experience.

Imagine if Duncan got outplayed by a rookie Stackhouse, iverson, and theo Ratliff.

He's putting up 33-9-9-1-1 on 55% shooting for the playoffs and his numbers against the Celtics are pretty similar so far.

LeBron isn't getting outplayed by anyone this year. He's been a force of nature.
Bunk Moreland
You be takin bait.
Ulrich
Imo, the real story of the ECF is that Brad Stevens is probably going to be considered an all-time great before he's done, whereas Tyronn Lue is a mobile coat rack.
rambo_99
Of yeah. Forget that angle. Lebron has the worst coaches ever to grace a sideline....

The narrative is comical at this point. Teammates not worthy of playing JV AU ball and coaches with an iq a few degrees below room temperature.

Granted he doesn't have the mighty John Paxton, Bill Cartwright, Andrew gaze, or Jerome Kersey.
Ulrich
Bunk Moreland said:

You be takin bait.

There seems to be a lot of people who actually believe that LeBron isn't a legitimate contender for GOAT. But you're right, this particular one doesn't appear to be worth arguing with.
rambo_99
I legit don't believe he is in goat territory. Top 10 yes. Top 5 no. Like I said earlier - surpass Timmy d then we can work our way up. And I hate TD (rockets fan).

rambo_99
Making sure everyone is tuned in to watch lebron and the looney tunes take on the monstars. Also - let's not forget Cleveland is coached by the kid from deliverance.
Post removed:
by user
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
I got heat for saying we need to trade Harden. Incoming for the Westbrook over LBJ take. Yikes!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
We're getting two Game 7's, aren't we.
gordo97
AG
Lebron destroying the celts
fightinags2013
AG
Bron
fightinags2013
AG
Those back-to-back 3s were silky smooth

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.