The NBA is hard to watch lately

9,269 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Grapesoda2525
ATM9000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

M.C. Swag said:

QBCade said:

M.C. Swag said:

Why do people keep saying GS has a 'deep bench?' It's the weakest bench they've had with Curry/Klay/Dray. Outside of Livingston, there's no one they can rely on. Iggy disappears with the wind. Javale is just as likely to hurt one of his own teammates as he is someone else. Sw**** P is only good as a klay thompson impersonator (effective if you leave him open, otherwise he's a nothing). I mean...they literally only play 9 guys.

Disagree about Iggy - he likes the role of defensive stopper and spot offensive guy. I also wouldn't really agree that their bench isn't deep. They have a lot of different options so they can play many different styles. You prob won't even see some of the guys this round. Now, they don't have any superstars on the bench, unless Bell somehow develops into that.
Yea, i know what Iggy's role is but im saying he's just inconsistent. This has been his worst year by far and he's prolly about to be out of the league. Outside of Clev's bench, I think GS' is the worst in the playoffs. They definitely aren't anywhere close to the best.
I think the point is that the bench is still a strength for GSW. They don't have the best bench in the league, but it still adds to the team.

The big difference between the Lebron heat teams and the GSW teams is this.

Heat - 3 super stars and a crappy bench

GSW- 4 super stars and a decent ( versatile or deep) bench

Heat were really good but mortal

GSW seems like an immortal team. Kind of like they're playing the Nintendo with game shark. Takes a lot of the fun and suspense out of it.

The Heat carried some great benches during that time.

Ray Allen, Battier, Juwan Howard, Rashard Lewis, Haslem was still a good player off the bench.

I don't understand the notion based on last night, that the Warriors have some badass bench. The Rockets have the better bench and I don't think it is really that close. The Rockets bench just needs to show up.
Grapesoda2525
Would you consider Kevin love a superstar?

I remember when GSW was trying to acquire him and the main guy the wolves wanted was Thompson.

Curry - star

Durant - star

Those 2 no question

Thompson - Star. I still think he'd be the best player on a lot of NBA teams out there.

Green- Star, but not in a general sense. Green is classified as a Star because of his role and his value to golden state. He's a perfect fit for that team. He does 75 or 80% of the defense for them. I'd say Durant, curry, and Thompson are all average defenders, but Green covers up and cleans up a lot of things for that team. They would be screwed without green and iguodala to help with defense.
brownbrick
AG
Quote:

I'd say Durant, curry, and Thompson are all average defenders
Curry is a liability, but Thompson is a great defender and Durant is great when he needs to be. Outside of a couple good hands plays by curry each game, he will get abused by Paul or Harden.
M.C. Swag
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

I remember when GSW was trying to acquire him and the main guy the wolves wanted was Thompson.

Curry - star

Durant - star

Those 2 no question

Thompson - Star. I still think he'd be the best player on a lot of NBA teams out there.

Green- Star, but not in a general sense. Green is classified as a Star because of his role and his value to golden state. He's a perfect fit for that team. He does 75 or 80% of the defense for them. I'd say Durant, curry, and Thompson are all average defenders, but Green covers up and cleans up a lot of things for that team. They would be screwed without green and iguodala to help with defense.
Lil sidetrack discussion, but a 'superstar' to me is a top 10 player. KD and Steph are superstars. Lebron, Giannis, AD, Harden, CP3, etc are super stars. These are guys I think can carry a franchise as the best player on the team.

I do not think Love is a superstar. Same with Klay and Green. All three are good players but none could carry a team. And if you really wanna get into it...I actually think Green is better/provides more value than Klay....on any NBA team.
500,000ags
AG
You can personally under-rate Thompson and Green, whatever, but it doesn't make it true. They both had the largest +/-'s last night for GS. Curry showed last night that if he defended the opponents best guys, he would have a hard time offensively being the Curry we usually see. GS also won a championship with Klay being the second option, and Green the third option - so yeah, they're pretty good.

Then they added the second best player in the NBA. To me, their margin of error is pretty damn high, and they would beat the LBJ and Wade teams in a 7 game series.
M.C. Swag
AG
500,000ags said:

You can personally under-rate Thompson and Green, whatever, but it doesn't make it true.
well yea, that's kinda why i said it was my opinion...no more or less true than yours.
Kellso
Grapesoda2525 said:

Curry - star

Durant - star

Those 2 no question

Klay Thompson is an excellent defensive player.
He is also one of the 10 best shooters in NBA history.

Thompson is usually tasked with guarding the opposing teams best guard. He is not as flashy as Curry because he is usually working much harder on defense.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Dollar for dollar Thompson is the better player
M.C. Swag
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Thompson literally can't create his own offense. He's a better Kyle Korver.
500,000ags
AG
Lol
BBQ4Me
AG
M.C. Swag said:

MookieBlaylock said:

About half of his FGs were unassisted here:
ATM9000
AG
M.C. Swag said:

MookieBlaylock said:

You literally lost all credibility with this post.

Better versions of Kyle Korver aren't capable of dropping 60 points in NBA games.
M.C. Swag
AG
Y'all are insane. I could show you a highlight clip from Chandler Parsons best game and you'd think he was a NBA all star. Klay can't dribble and is overrated imo. But it's my opinion. And I'm comfortable in my nba knowledge.
ATM9000
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Y'all are insane. I could show you a highlight clip from Chandler Parsons best game and you'd think he was a NBA all star. Klay can't dribble and is overrated imo. But it's my opinion. And I'm comfortable in my nba knowledge.

Sure bud... keep throwing out mediocre white players and saying Klay compares well to them. You are proving your hot take really well.
M.C. Swag
AG
Lol I was just picking a guy, not comparing Klay to Parsons. Imagine I said JR Smith instead. It still works.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
If anything, he might be underrated. He's a top 3 shooter in the NBA and one of the best perimeter defenders in the league.
ATM9000
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Lol I was just picking a guy, not comparing Klay to Parsons. Imagine I said JR Smith instead. It still works.

Oh hey the laugh cry emoji then name another crappy player. You've made your point!

When JR, Parsons or Korver have 20ppg seasons 4 straight years, consistently shoots over 45 from the field and 40 from 3 while also guarding the opposing teams best perimeter player 35 minutes a night basically every game, we can give our comparison a serious thought.

But until then, it is really one of the sillier takes I've heard in a while.
M.C. Swag
AG
I was poking fun at the absurdity of using the best game from a player's career as evidence to support their total body of work. But if you want to misconstrue what I said to make yourself seem smarter, go for it.

I hope Klay leaves the Warriors. I'd love to be proven wrong.
BBQ4Me
AG
The point of the video was to dispute your absurd notion that he can't create offense for himself.

He doesn't do a ton given that GS assists on a high rate of their FGs, but he's more than capable of doing so as shown in that video
M.C. Swag
AG
UMichAg said:

The point of the video was to dispute your absurd notion that he can't create offense for himself.

He doesn't do a ton given that GS assists on a high rate of their FGs, but he's more than capable of doing so as shown in that video
If youtube had a lowlight vid of Klay, I could just as easily show you an hour long reel of plays in which he dribbles the ball of his own foot and misses an exorbitant amount of shots where's he's either in motion or within 16 feet of the rim. He's a really really good 3&D guy. But he's also playing next to the best spacing PG ive ever seen and the most unstopable force on offense next to Lebron. He's limited on offense and a great team defender. Kudos to Klay for accepting his role. I'd love to see him as the #1 option on another team.
ATM9000
AG
M.C. Swag said:

What a ridiculous crawfish... you called Klay Thompson a better Kyle Korver before the highlight video. Your assertion of what Klay does and how good he is is insanely off base.

Klay is a top 4 SG in the NBA today. He's way more well rounded and plays with far more dimension than Kyle Korver.
M.C. Swag
AG
ATM9000 said:

M.C. Swag said:

What a ridiculous crawfish... you called Klay Thompson a better Kyle Korver before the highlight video. Your assertion of what Klay does and how good he is is insanely off base.

Klay is a top 4 SG in the NBA today. He's way more well rounded and plays with far more dimension than Kyle Korver.

That's becuase I think he is a better version of kyle korver. Moreso on the offensive side. I guess a better comp would be, a better Jae Crowder? Encapsulates more of the defensive side.

Seriously tho, are you new to NBA player debates? lol i love how rattled you are by this. Klay has the best situation of any SG in the NBA and I give him credit for taking advantage. But if you think everyone out there universally agrees on the value of Klay effing Thompson and then get this befuddled at 1 person's disagreement, I don't know how you survived the early Lebron days, the current Westbrook days, or what will assuredly become the Ben Simmons days.

Have you blacked out yet?
ATM9000
AG
M.C. Swag said:

ATM9000 said:

M.C. Swag said:

That's becuase I think he is a better version of kyle korver. Moreso on the offensive side. I guess a better comp would be, a better Jae Crowder? Encapsulates more of the defensive side.

Seriously tho, are you new to NBA player debates? lol i love how rattled you are by this. Klay has the best situation of any SG in the NBA and I give him credit for taking advantage. But if you think everyone out there universally agrees on the value of Klay effing Thompson and then get this befuddled at 1 person's disagreement, I don't know how you survived the early Lebron days, the current Westbrook days, or what will assuredly become the Ben Simmons days.

Calm down... it's a message board. Don't get all wormy because somebody is challenging your not backed by reality assertions that Klay Thompson is basically a better Kyle Korver. Message boards are completely useless vs mostly useless if debates like this don't happen.

To summarize this, 4 straight 20 plus point seasons, one of the best fg percentage and known efficient SG's in the NBA, his teams key perimeter defender... lastly, voted by his peers and league coaches (not the fans) 4 straight years to the all star team in the west. Credentials of better version of Kyle Korver.
M.C. Swag
AG
ATM9000 said:

M.C. Swag said:

ATM9000 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Calm down... it's a message board. Don't get all wormy because somebody is challenging your not backed by reality assertions that Klay Thompson is basically a better Kyle Korver. Message boards are completely useless vs mostly useless if debates like this don't happen.

To summarize this, 4 straight 20 plus point seasons, one of the best fg percentage and known efficient SG's in the NBA, his teams key perimeter defender... lastly, voted by his peers and league coaches (not the fans) 4 straight years to the all star team in the west. Credentials of better version of Kyle Korver.
I'm very calm and actually thoroughly amused. To your last bolded point, I'm glad we finally reached consensus!
500,000ags
AG
You are the Lavar Ball of basketball comparisons. The claims you make are eye-rolling, and the proof of those claims are also eye-rolling. The odd claim that Klay Thompson is a better Kyle Korver is eye-rolling. Saying KT's negative highlights overwrite his positive highlights is eye-rolling since you are saying this proves he's not good enough to work without Steph or Durant. Any great player could have a negative highlight reel after enough games.

HoF Ray Allen was a better version of Kyle Korver. So what.
HoF Reggie Miller was a better version of Kyle Korver. So what.
Future HoF Klay Thompson is a better version of Kyle Kover. So what.

Klay Thompson was the #2 option before Durant got there and they won a championship. He averaged 24.5/3.6/3.3/1.3/0.9 per 36 that season with a PER of 20.8 in 77 games. He was the #2 option on a team that went to the Finals again and he averaged 23.9/4.1/2.2/0.8/0.7 per 36 with a PER of 18.6 in 80 games. He was 2x All-NBA Third Team before Durant got there. He could command max money in free agency today and tomorrow. He can do all that and be a better version of Kyle Korver. So what exactly are you trying to prove again because I cannot tell? Lol
M.C. Swag
AG
500,000ags said:

So what exactly are you trying to prove again because I cannot tell? Lol
Really, it all started because someone said Klay was better than Draymond. I disagreed....hmm a lil aggressively. Oftentimes in sports debates, hyperbolic statements are made to better underscore a point. That's pretty much it.

I hope your eyes are ok. Enjoy your friday!
ATM9000
AG
M.C. Swag said:

500,000ags said:

Really, it all started because someone said Klay was better than Draymond. I disagreed....hmm a lil aggressively. Oftentimes in sports debates, hyperbolic statements are made to better underscore a point. That's pretty much it.

Kudos to owning you made a stupid hyperbolic statement.
M.C. Swag
AG
I didn't say it was stupid. Klay is still a catch and shoot player and severely limited on offense in general. The comp works to underscore that aspect of his game. I just wouldn't have said it if it led to y'all 3 dudes crying about it all week.

Bottom line: He'd be easy to shutdown if he was the best player on a team.
500,000ags
AG
M.C. Swag said:

500,000ags said:

Once again. Eye-roll. Lol

You are the Lavar Ball of the TexAgs basketball forum. That's a non-hyperbolic statement.
M.C. Swag
AG
Undefeated! Never lost!
jja79
AG
The best thing about the NBA is it starts at Halloween and there isn't a meaningful game until mid May so you don't have to follow it.
Seven Costanza
AG
So far every Conference Finals game has been a blowout. Anyone know if there's ever been a seven game series without a single good game?
Chuck Gay
AG
Seven Costanza said:

So far every Conference Finals game has been a blowout. Anyone know if there's ever been a seven game series without a single good game?

Wow. I hadn't realized that.

Winning margin in the East: 25, 13, 30

Winning margin in the West: 13, 22, 41
Dan Scott
AG
I thought Game 2 of the WCF was an awesome game.
MrAbyss
that game 4 tho
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.