Lebron to the Warriors

2,305 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Mort Rainey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22281387/golden-state-warriors-play-lebron-james

I mean, why not at this point? Is this really any different from where the league is now? Barring a catastrophic injury, the Warriors are going to win the title for the rest of time anyway
Matsui
AG
of course espn runs this
looking for clicks
FTAG 2000
AG
I'll take personnel moves that would knee cap league ratings (and revenue) for $1000, Alex.

Seriouisly, who would even watch the NBA anymore? No way this happens, and I don't think LeBron's a beta sellout like Durant.
Frok
AG
Is it just me or do they release a new "Lebron could go to ______" article every month?

PascalsWager
AG
I considered the NBA media to be one of the best covering anything in sports and out of it (still do to some degree). But they way they sold Durant's narrative of "he showed the fans and proved his worth by winning the title" was extremely disappointing. Whoop dee doo, you accomplished exactly what EVERY SINGLE PERSON on the planet though you would including everyone in the media.

Lebron is watching this. He knows that he may get initial backlash but eventually they'll all cave and pretend like the warriors minus Klay plus Lebron did some amazing, unlikely thing by winning 5 titles in a row. When you know you can win guaranteed championships, and you'll still get equal credit (Durant might backdoor into an MVP this year) there's absolutely no reason why he shouldn't. In fact every star in the league should want to the join the Warriors.

Cleveland may even want to make the first move. Maybe they can get Klay and get rid of one of albatross contracts Lebron forced they to give out in the first place. The Warriors actually have some decent expiring contracts. I'm thinking something like this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9n7bbj7
PatAg
AG
No way lebron would leave Cleveland to join a team thar already has elite players on it
WES2006AG
AG
I would have to seriously consider not renewing my season tickets if this dumbassery came to be. Would make the league almost unwatchable.
Predmid
AG
I can't believe for a minute that the rest of the league owners would let that abomination of an off-season move happen without a major restructuring of free agency.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Where's David Stern when you need him to unethically block a roster move.
Matsui
AG
Lebrons camp is pushing this to put pressure on Cleveland.
Mort Rainey
PascalsWager said:

I considered the NBA media to be one of the best covering anything in sports and out of it (still do to some degree). But they way they sold Durant's narrative of "he showed the fans and proved his worth by winning the title" was extremely disappointing. Whoop dee doo, you accomplished exactly what EVERY SINGLE PERSON on the planet though you would including everyone in the media.

Lebron is watching this. He knows that he may get initial backlash but eventually they'll all cave and pretend like the warriors minus Klay plus Lebron did some amazing, unlikely thing by winning 5 titles in a row. When you know you can win guaranteed championships, and you'll still get equal credit (Durant might backdoor into an MVP this year) there's absolutely no reason why he shouldn't. In fact every star in the league should want to the join the Warriors.

Cleveland may even want to make the first move. Maybe they can get Klay and get rid of one of albatross contracts Lebron forced they to give out in the first place. The Warriors actually have some decent expiring contracts. I'm thinking something like this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9n7bbj7

This is the nail on the head. Durant's move was the most pathetic in the history of the league. And yet, every single media member spent all of last year lecturing fans on why there was nothing wrong with Durant's move. They'll do the same with Lebron. People get mad for awhile and then everyone starts defending the player.

_lefraud_
AG
AG 2000' said:

No way this happens, and I don't think LeBron's a beta sellout like Durant.

Uhhh, did you miss Lebron's stint in Miami?
Bunk Moreland
_lefraud_ said:

AG 2000' said:

No way this happens, and I don't think LeBron's a beta sellout like Durant.

Uhhh, did you miss Lebron's stint in Miami?

The one slight difference is Miami wasn't already a championship team in place. They rebuilt around 3 superstars to make it work and it started with LBJ. Other than that I agree.

As for this story, I don't think he's pressuring Cleveland as much as other organizations basically saying if you want LeBron you need to be aggressive, reckless with money, and be able to build a team and commit for a long period like golden state has.

Gilbert did what LeBron wanted for a while, then last summer happened.
Token
AG
If you believe this you're a moron
Pumpkinhead
AG
Hypothetically if you swapped out Klay Thompson and Iguodola for LeBron, which is the kind of move that would have to take place...would that make the Warriors the same, better, or worse?

I personally think the Warriors would be worse. Klay seems like a perfect fit for the Warriors as a 4th All-Star. No ego from what I can tell, great chemistry, fantastic catch and shoot guy who also is an excellent defender and consistently plays hard on that end. And Iguodola can still be a difference maker in a playoff game setting.

You take those guys out and plug in an older Alpha dog LeBron on the back end of his prime who is used to controlling and running his team, including picking the coach, I am skeptical how that would work out.
Harry Dunne
I agree.

The Warriors have proven they can do it with what they've got and Klay Thompson is better at (and happy with) the Klay Thompson role rather than a more talented LeBron who has never been anything other than the center of the universe.

The Warriors might be the only team that LeBron does not improve, given what they would have to get rid of to get him. Maybe the Rockets if they had to give up Capela & Gordon and play with an aging CP and a very thin bench.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.