Giannis A.

3,782 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by WES2006AG
2wealfth Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went off for 37 against the Celtics. Some absolutely insane lobs. This guy is a monster already and I think he still has a ways to go before he hits his ceiling talent-wise. If can ever get a consistent long-range jumper, holy cow.
Ag12thman
AG
I don't know much about him. Can you share some details on him?
badharambe
AG
long story short, more aggressive and mean Kevin Durant.....you know, the type that won't run to be the 4th All-Star on a basketball team.
RebAg13
AG
Guy has the potential to be the best player in the league in a few years
Guitarsoup
AG
Glad Milwaukee got a solid second option for Khris Middleton.
Deputy Travis Junior
Ag12thman said:

Uhm... He's an insanely athletic point guard who's 6'11 and has the reach of somebody a half a foot taller. His nickname is the Greek Freak. Starting from half court, he needs 2-3 dribbles to make a layup.
Ag12thman
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

Ag12thman said:

Uhm... He's an insanely athletic point guard who's 6'11 and has the reach of somebody a half a foot taller. His nickname is the Greek Freak. Starting from half court, he needs 2-3 dribbles to make a layup.
chris1515
AG

Ag12thman said:

You good sir are WRONG.

Apparently he only needs ONE dribble.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/21108229
Iowaggie
AG
I know the common belief is that the Wizards or Celtics are the ones to meet up with the Cavs in the ECF.
I think the Bucks with Giannis may be good enough (and Khris Middleton, of course).
It's a stretch, but not a crazy stretch.
PatAg
AG
badharambe said:

long story short, more aggressive and mean Kevin Durant.....you know, the type that won't run to be the 4th All-Star on a basketball team.
I would wait and see on that front. Not many Dirk's or Duncan's in this league anymore.
Deputy Travis Junior
Did I count 4 steps? I swear that was 4...

Anyway, I think we can all agree that Giannis has officially entered "great reason to buy League Pass and watch a team you don't care about" territory. Especially as he's only twenty freaking two! (turns 23 in a month and a half, but whatever).
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
He's basically a mutant Scottie Pippen.
Guitarsoup
AG
He's like Shaq, but with a completely different skillset.
chris1515
AG
1 dribble but 4 steps. Either way. Wow!
jml2621
33 for Giannis, 27 for Khris tonight as the Bucks take down the Hawks.

...and the Bucks don't even have Parker back yet.
HotardAg07
AG
Giannis is the early season MVP. Hard to compare him to Durant, since he doesn't have a jump shot (may not really need one to be a top 3 NBA player) and is so much more of a physical presence inside on defense and offense. He's basically a point center.

Don't think the Bucks supporting cast is good enough for a deep playoff run. I'd still take the Celtics, (healthy) Cavs, and Wizards over them in the playoffs, but man they are fun to watch.

Frustrating thing about the Bucks is they should be fantastic defensively, but they're really not at all. The whole team are these lengthy athletic positionless players and they have multiple elite rim protectors in the rotation, yet they just can't seem to consistently play the kind of defense you'd expect.
cr0wbar
AG

Ag12thman said:

err, I haven't watched a TON of Buck Ball this year yet - but they're seriously trotting him out there at PG? I thought he was a 3/4?
Guitarsoup
AG
He leads the Bucks in assists.

Really the team is

PG Brogdon
SG MIddleton
SF Tony Snell
PF Giannis
C Thon Maker
Deputy Travis Junior
The position definitions are a lot muddier than they used to be with the emergence of the ball-handling, stretch forward, but yea. He plays some "point."

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/giannis-antetokounmpo-point-forward/
CactusThomas
AG
Been muddied for roughly 35 years as Bird was a point forward.
Deputy Travis Junior
Speaking of point forwards, has anybody else watched Ben Simmons' highlights? He looks like he's going to be incredible. His finishing moves near the basket are already NBA-smooth, and he's averaging 18 points, 9.8 rebounds, and 8.2 assists per game. That's right, a freaking rookie is nearly averaging a triple double!!!

It's incredible that Jones missed the NCAA Tournament with him. His skill set is amazing.
WES2006AG
AG

Speaking of point forwards, has anybody else watched Ben Simmons' highlights? He looks like he's going to be incredible. His finishing moves near the basket are already NBA-smooth, and he's averaging 18 points, 9.8 rebounds, and 8.2 assists per game. That's right, a freaking rookie is nearly averaging a triple double!!!

It's incredible that Jones missed the NCAA Tournament with him. His skill set is amazing.
I saw Simmons play in person a few weeks ago in Houston and was really impressed. He was able to get to the basket at will and finished pretty much every time he got into the paint. He still needs a consistent jump shot but he looks like he could end up being really good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.