Woj Bomb: Wade and Bulls agree to buyout

1,926 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Head Ninja In Charge
superunknown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

SA, Miami also allegedly in on some Wade action.
nbbob
As is OKC
Iowaggie
AG
I hope he returns to Miami.
Or at least stays in the East.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I thought he hated Pat Riley?
Bunk Moreland
$15mm just to leave? ****in A, where do I sign one of these contracts?
Ulrich
Bunk Moreland said:

$15mm just to leave? ****in A, where do I sign one of these contracts?

Are you a mediocre football coach? The job you're looking for is about to open up.
Olsen
AG
He just joined the Cavs and teaming with LeBron again for a one year contract.
Gigemags382
AG
Pardon my ignorance. Why do the Cavs want Thomas, Rose, and Wade? Seems like a lot of PGs.
Seven Costanza
AG
Gigemags382 said:

Pardon my ignorance. Why do the Cavs want Thomas, Rose, and Wade? Seems like a lot of PGs.

I guess if you get a bunch of injured stars, one of them is bound to pan out.
Ulrich
Wade is really a two guard who can run point in a pinch. Thomas and Rose are scoring point guards. I assume they'll use a Thomas-Wade starting backcourt with Rose coming off the bench until his knees explode 22 games into the season and they have to give Calderon significant minutes.

They could easily find themselves in a real bind at point guard because of the combination of age and injury history. Wade/Rose combine for 4 bad knees plus a 36 year old Calderon and Thomas coming off a season ending hip injury.
BBQ4Me
AG
LBJ can always run the point
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I think these are all great moves for Cleveland. Chemistry shouldn't be an issue. Plenty of people to run point if needed. Plenty to score if needed. Wade is a combo guard and proven vet. Getting Wade and Rose for under $10 mil is pretty good risk to reward.
Obi Wan Ginobili
HNIC, you're lying through your teeth if you think chemistry won't be an issue. It might be masked by how stunningly awful the East is, but there a ton of moving parts at works. It's going to take time for them to figure out what they are doing.

I think the biggest problem with this team is going to be the bench units defense. They are going to hemorrhage points when LeBron sits. Their defense was already suspect. Now add in DWade and Rose.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Why would I be lying? LeBron James-led teams historically have had pretty good chemistry in comparison to other teams. LeBron and Wade would be leading that locker room as proven vets and everyone else should fall in line. Rose was never vocal and Thomas isn't playing until January. What chemistry issues do you see?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.