Lebron calls out trump

3,402 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggieOO
usmcaggie12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Imagine if a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady would've said anything in this regard about Obama. Sh*t would've hit the racist fan!
bam02
AG
Shouldn't Lebron be out looking for that Brentwood hillbilly that spray painted his gate?
AggieSportsGuy
AG
Strawman argument. LeBron is just calling out Trump for being a dumbass. Has nothing to do with Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, but let's use classic American political argumentation that means nothing and says nothing but makes you feel good inside.
usmcaggie12
That may be, no on is arguing that fact. Just saying if the script was flipped, there would be a huge turn around in reaction.
Gigem Trevas
**** LeBron.
knoxtom
Trump deserved it. Pulling the invitation because none of them were coming just to save his ego. Whether you like his policies or not, you must admit Trumplethinskin is quite a ******.
usmcaggie12
Oh I I understand trump is doing some shady stuff.
knoxtom
I didn't say shady, I am saying Trump is a serious jerk. Last thing I want to do in my spare time is hang out with someone like him, even if he is president
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
usmcaggie12 said:

Imagine if a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady would've said anything in this regard about Obama. Sh*t would've hit the racist fan!
The difference is Obama didn't disinvite the Patriots when Tom Brady decided to skip, much less single him out by name and do it on Twitter.
Bunk Moreland
This one is weird.

It's like the Warriors have been attention hoaring this entire situation and have kept it a story all summer. It's pathetic. First everyone including the coach spends all spring and summer bashing him, saying they don't respect him and won't go. Then we get these national headlines that they'll decide "as a team" whether or not to go. Who ****ing cares. You all already trashed him publicly.

That being said, Trump's preemptive response was equally pathetic. However it's my opinion that they would have just "voted" to do what they're going to do anyway, which is spurn the WH and do some pc 'inclusion" event with people like Pelosi.

However, if Trump had an inkling of self awareness, he could have said nothing, let the warriors continue to attention hoar, then release a statement with quotes of everything Kerr, Durant, Green, curry etc have said about him and finished it with a statement like "that doesn't seem like inclusion and diversity to me."

But that's expecting wayyyy too much logic out of the Trumpmeister
usmcaggie12
Very well said.
8T2
Head Ninja In Charge said:

usmcaggie12 said:

The difference is Obama didn't disinvite the Patriots when Tom Brady decided to skip, much less single him out by name and do it on Twitter.
Good point. So, the initial post is pretty much completely false, since Brady DID say or do something similar.
Bunk Moreland
Did Brady decline the invite due to who the president was?

Additionally, if he did decline it due to who the president was, did he spend 3 months telling everyone on social media why he hated the president and why he wouldn't attend?
Pumpkinhead
AG
In terms of being diplomatic and showing class and maturity, I have higher expectations for a man elected as President and representing my entire country than I do any pro athlete.

I can't recall any former President, Democrat or Republican, White or Black, who was willing to roll around in the mud as readily as Trump. It sure is entertaining with plenty of reality TV show level drama though, if that is what you primarily wanted out of the White House then Trump has certainly delivered.
ATM9000
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Did Brady decline the invite due to who the president was?

Additionally, if he did decline it due to who the president was, did he spend 3 months telling everyone on social media why he hated the president and why he wouldn't attend?

You can caveat it all you want, but you should be a bit embarrassed that we have a guy in the most important position in the world who just watches TV and reacts like that vs. keeping the invitation open to be the bigger person and try to build consensus OR quietly cancel the event.

... Mixing politics with sports is the wrong thing to do (Curry/Kerr/Lebron etc)... I'd expect a President to be bigger and avoid it all and not react like a pissed off 16 year old though.
BBQ4Me
AG
Trump is a clown. He's so worried about his image. He deserves all the backlash he's getting.
Bunk Moreland
Did you read my post? I said it was pathetic and I agree completely that it's embarrassing.
claym711
AG
I could not care less what a professional athlete thinks about politics, however, trying to shove that down my throats will cause me (and others) to stop watching. NBA is off my list.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Serious question. Who is shoving it down your throat? Most of them are answering questions that are being asked by reporters. Tweets and Instagram posts are only viewable if you actively follow that person. ESPN has been trash for years, so getting fed up with how they sensationalize **** (Tebow, Tiger, Michael Sam, etc.) is completely understandable.

But other than that, we live in an age where fans and viewers have more control over what they choose to consume than ever before. So I'm confused.
claym711
AG
If you are on ANY form of social media, texags included, you get a daily dose. It has gotten stale and disgusting. I don't eat Raman anymore either.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Another serious question. Why TF is Charles Barkley on NFL Today right now.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I guess that's my point. People choose not to eat ramen. People can also choose not to open a thread.
claym711
AG
Instead of trying to avoid their opinions at all costs so I can enjoy being entertained by them (supporting their careers that give them platforms to propagate opinions with which I disagree), I will just chose not to support their careers.
CactusThomas
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

I can't recall any former President, Democrat or Republican, White or Black, who was willing to roll around in the mud as readily as Trump. It sure is entertaining with plenty of reality TV show level drama though, if that is what you primarily wanted out of the White House then Trump has certainly delivered.

The reason he was elected was because he's not like any former president - how hard is that to understand? People are sick of watching a president make canned speechs by reading teleprompters and apologizing to rogue nations for who knows what.

You don't stand up for the National Anthem? You're a son of a *****.

You keep testing icbms and nukes, I'll destroy your country.

That's who we voted for because that's the way we want our country run.

Maybe it's like a reality show - I wouldn't know. I certainly don't consider it rolling around in the mud like you do. Most call him thin skinned and maybe he is, I see a president who knows he's in a position to not have to take **** from people and he's acting like it. It's about damn time if you ask me.
Mort Rainey
Bunk Moreland said:

It's like the Warriors have been attention hoaring this entire situation and have kept it a story all summer.
Nothing about that is surprising. This is the most unlikable collection of people ever assembled on one sports team
AggieWonWon
Kerr and curry are literally Satan
yawny06
AG
Quote:

Perhaps I am remembering wrong, but didn't the WH Press Seceratary make an unprovoked jab at Brady during deflatgate?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
yawny06 said:

Quote:

Perhaps I am remembering wrong, but didn't the WH Press Seceratary make an unprovoked jab at Brady during deflatgate?
Maybe? Not sure what that has to do with what we're talking about though.
yawny06
AG
Maybe it doesn't have much bearing, but I think that was one of the "reasons" Brady skipped out on going.
Iowaggie
Iowaggie
AG
Dammit!!

AggieOO
claym711 said:

If you are on ANY form of social media, texags included, you get a daily dose. It has gotten stale and disgusting. I don't eat Raman anymore either.
you are missing out. Ramen is amazing.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.