Philadelphia trades for #1 overall

2,260 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Guitarsoup
Deputy Travis Junior
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not sure what they're giving up beside their #3 pick, but Fultz is going to be a Sixer. With Embiid, Simmons, and Fultz, Philadelphia suddenly has a talented core. I think their tanking days are finally over and they're going to emerge with some legit talent.
Olsen
AG
Sixers are giving up their 2018 and 2019 first round picks along with the 3rd pick of this year just to move up 2 spots...
KatyAg94
AG
I don't get what Ainge is thinking. He loves players like Josh Jackson, but Jackson won't get minutes behind Crowder and Brown. He could try to trade for Butler or Paul George, but they won't be enough to beat the Cavs, and even if they somehow do make it to the finals, the Celtics would get killed by the Warriors.
Bunk Moreland
Not sure the Celtics are done.

Also having Philly's 1st round picks the next 2 years isn't a bad spot to be in to drop 2 spots.
KatyAg94
AG
If Simmons and Embiid can't stay healthy then those picks could be a steal, but a Fultz/Simmons/Embiid core sounds like it could run the east once Lebron retires.
Olsen
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Also having Philly's 1st round picks the next 2 years isn't a bad spot to be in to drop 2 spots.
The Celtics actually got LA Lakers' 2018 first round pick and Sacramento Kings' 2019 first round pick from the Sixers.
Bunk Moreland
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Bunk Moreland said:

The Celtics actually got LA Lakers' 2018 first round pick and Sacramento Kings' 2019 first round pick from the Sixers.

Oh good lord. Well imo they're definitely not done now. May have just sweetened a deal for a top level player.
Agmaniacmike12
I figured Okafor would be in the deal, but I'm not sure what value he has. Jimmy Butler will likely be a Celtic with this deal.
jckrjr7
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Bunk Moreland said:

They only get the Lakers pick if it falls between 2-5 otherwise they get the Kings pick. They aren't getting both.
Guitarsoup
AG
I posted it on the Rockets thread, but this is what I think Boston's plan is.

Jae Crawford + Avery Bradley for S&T Blake Griffin
Sign Gordon Hayward with cap space

Isaiah Thomas
Marcus Smart
Gordon Hayward
Blake Griffin
Al Hortford
Jaylen Brown
#3 Pick
#17 Pick

Next year add their pick (late 20s) and Laker's pick (Lottery)
Following year add Sacramento pick (gotta be high)
Agmaniacmike12
That makes sense, although I'm not sure that Blake Griffin would make the future cap space work. I wonder how realistic Anthony Davis would be to acquire. He is a much more versatile option at the 4. Don't they have a Croatian they are planning to bring to the States next year as well?
Guitarsoup
AG
Next summer Marcus Smart, Avery Bradley and Isaiah Thomas are all free agents. So they use the cap space this year or next year or they are done.

Boogie is a FA next year. Past that it is people from the Embiid draft class as RFAs and not much else. But they have Hayward that has great connections to the team and Griffin is probably looking for something else after 8 years without ever reaching the Conference Finals. OKC or Boston are the best choices for him.

But that Boston team would be much better with a better superstar to play with and a better coach to boot. Easy choice.

No way I would hold out for Boogie in 18 or hte hope you can money whip someone coming off a rookie contract. Griffin+Gordon for Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder is a no brainer and I think it is very feasible.
Ulrich
Will the clips get a better S&T offer for Griffin though? It makes sense looking at stats especially with Bradley putting up 16 ppg and being a defensive stopper, but I still have a hard time thinking of him as a real scoring threat.
Guitarsoup
AG
Griffin has to agree to the place in a S&T. That gets you quality players and you need a stopper guard if you are planning to beat GSW, Houston or OKC ever in the playoffs.

Griffin could also just walk away and they get nothing.

Then Utah takes the S&T for Gordon.

Gobert/Lyles
Favors/Diaw
Crowder/Ingles/Johnson
Bradley/Hood
Hill/Mack

Pretty deep team.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.