Harden taking the loss really hard

10,577 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CoachC16
Bodhi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harden

Didn't take long for James to hit the strip club
Guitarsoup
AG
Picked up right where he left off the night before.
Ag Natural
AG
I don't think that's a strip club. But it was funny when the crowd started chanting MVP
Mike Elko
AG
This is even more hilarious:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19395078/james-harden-added-lawsuit-moses-malone-jr-alleges-houston-rockets-star-orchestrated-attack

What a perfect fit Harden is for Houston and the Rockets organization. MVP! MVP!
WES2006AG
AG
I'm a little surprised Spurs fans are still talking **** about Harden after that embarrassing choke job they put up in game 1 of the WC Finals.

Obsession noted.
Mike Elko
AG
Read the article, moran. Harden's a thug... Just funny overall, has nothing to do with basketball (or the embarrassment the Spurs put on the Rockets. In Houston!)
3rdGen2015
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Read the article, moran. Harden's a thug... Just funny overall, has nothing to do with basketball (or the embarrassment the Spurs put on the Rockets. In Houston!)

From the article:

Quote:

Harden was not charged or accused of wrongdoing in the case.
WES2006AG
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

A civil suit lol. If they have something on James charge him.
Mike Elko
AG
Hahaha... Typical Houston trash defending their own kind. Enjoy the off-season, fellas!
SquirrellyDan
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Hahaha... Typical Houston trash defending their own kind. Enjoy the off-season, fellas!
1. You're just 3 short games behind us.

2. MVP votes: 1/2 = Harden .............................................3/4 Lebron/Kawhi

3. Houston may not be the least-trashiest city, but San Antonio is just a smaller, dirtier, less sophisticated version of it.
Guitarsoup
AG
Congrats on your 2nd place MVP Award Share.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

We are nowhere near as butthurt about Harden in second as SA fans are about Kawhi in third.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

If it's easier for you to digest, Harden has a better chance of being named MVP than Kawhi does.
Guitarsoup
AG
primomosquito said:

Guitarsoup said:

We are nowhere near as butthurt about Harden in second as SA fans are about Kawhi in third.
Clearly based on how obsessed you are over it.

Harden showed what he was made out of in games 5 and 6. You are kidding yourself if you think the voters won't remember that next year.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

primomosquito said:

Guitarsoup said:

Clearly based on how obsessed you are over it.

Harden showed what he was made out of in games 5 and 6. You are kidding yourself if you think the voters won't remember that next year.
Never said anything about next year.

Edit: Also, I didn't start this thread. I was responding to what others were saying about Harden.
Guitarsoup
AG
It's been pretty clear from the voters that publicized their reports that Westbrook has taken 1st place votes over Harden at a >2:1 rate and has about 65% of known 1st place votes over all other people. Russ won.

Harden didn't win this year. He won't win next year. Unless he really changes something big about his game, he won't win in the forseeable future. He is just another example of a talented player putting up huge stats in DAntoni's system. Nash never should have won, and Harden probably won't win.

I don't really care about Kawhi not winning MVP this year. I wouldn't have given him my first place vote.
SquirrellyDan
AG

Harden didn't win this year. He won't win next year.

Well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

I don't really care about Kawhi not winning MVP this year. I wouldn't have given him my first place vote.

Me either!
TREX01
Harden has proved that he is a quitter, he will forever be locked out of the MVP conversation. As much as I hate to say it, the Rockets are screwed being stuck to him for the next several years.
RebAg13
AG
TREX01 said:

Harden has proved that he is a quitter, he will forever be locked out of the MVP conversation. As much as I hate to say it, the Rockets are screwed being stuck to him for the next several years.

Forever locked out. Lol. He may never win, but it's a regular season award.
Iowaggie
AG
Guitarsoup said:

It's been pretty clear from the voters that publicized their reports that Westbrook has taken 1st place votes over Harden at a >2:1 rate and has about 65% of known 1st place votes over all other people. Russ won.

Harden didn't win this year. He won't win next year. Unless he really changes something big about his game, he won't win in the forseeable future. He is just another example of a talented player putting up huge stats in DAntoni's system. Nash never should have won, and Harden probably won't win.

I would have voted for Kawhi for regular season MVP.
Dwide Schrude
AG
Always funny to hear San Antonio people trash talking Houston. I guess a dirty creek and an old chapel are something to really be proud of.
Nino Brown
I still don't understand why you pansies are always arguing. I've been in Houston my entire life and Harden quit or took too much prozac. Is he still I damn good player, yes. Will the Rockets win a championship as him being the best player on the team or at least without one more go to player, no. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna go on another thread and bash the spurs either. Kawhi also needs another guy to win a championship. Maybe CP3 but not sure even that's gonna beat GS.
TREX01
Voters will remember game 6 forever. If harden had a real job he would have been unemployed the next day
SquirrellyDan
AG
TREX01 said:

Voters San Antonio will remember game 6 forever. If harden had a real job he would have been unemployed the next day
FIFY.

In the grand scheme of things, nobody is going to remember a player's collapse in a game that only decided who gets a chance to be swept in the Western Conference Finals.
TREX01
Oh they absolutely will. Don't kid yourself.
SquirrellyDan
AG
TREX01 said:

Lebron was 3-15 in a 2010 home game in a playoff loss, after which getting blown out by 32 to get eliminated.

Kobe was 7-23 with 1 assist and 4 TOs in a 40 point 2008 Finals loss.

Basically ruined both of their careers, and this is all both of these players is remembered for.
Guitarsoup
AG
primomosquito said:

TREX01 said:

Lebron was 3-15 in a 2010 home game in a playoff loss, after which getting blown out by 32 to get eliminated.

Basically ruined both of their careers, and this is all both of these players is remembered for.
And Kobe never won the MVP again.

In 2009, Kobe won 65 games (led the West by 11 games), put up 27/5/5 with 1st-Team All-Defense and only got 2 votes for MVP.

In 2011, LeBron won 58 games, second most in the East. LeBron put up 27/7.5/7 and led the league in WS, WS/48, VORP and PER. He received 4 first place votes for MVP.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

primomosquito said:

TREX01 said:

In 2009, Kobe won 65 games (led the West by 11 games), put up 27/5/5 with 1st-Team All-Defense and only got 2 votes for MVP.

In 2011, LeBron won 58 games, second most in the East. LeBron put up 27/7.5/7 and led the league in WS, WS/48, VORP and PER. He received 4 first place votes for MVP.
Well, Kobe only won 1 MVP, so yes he never won another after that series.

Pretty sure Lebron winning 4 of the next 5 years and Kobe's age had something to do with Kobe not getting another one.

Edit: I have to admit, I have no idea what WS, WS/48, or VORP is.
Guitarsoup
AG
primomosquito said:

Guitarsoup said:

primomosquito said:

TREX01 said:

Pretty sure Lebron winning 4 of the next 5 years and Kobe's age had something to do with Kobe not getting another one.

They are pretty common advanced stats.

LeBron didn't win 4 of the next 5. He won two more, but he has a very good argument that he should have won most of the MVPs since then. He won two MVPs before that 2010 playoff collapse.

Kobe's production didn't really drop off for five years after that playoff collapse, but he only got 5 first place MVP votes in the next five years cumulatively. But for those five years, he put up a five year average of 27/5/5/1.5, which happens to be pretty close to his numbers as an MVP in 08 (28/6/5).
SquirrellyDan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

primomosquito said:

Guitarsoup said:

primomosquito said:

TREX01 said:

They are pretty common advanced stats.

LeBron didn't win 4 of the next 5. He won two more, but he has a very good argument that he should have won most of the MVPs since then. He won two MVPs before that 2010 playoff collapse.

Kobe's production didn't really drop off for five years after that playoff collapse, but he only got 5 first place MVP votes in the next five years cumulatively. But for those five years, he put up a five year average of 27/5/5/1.5, which happens to be pretty close to his numbers as an MVP in 08 (28/6/5).
I'm not arguing the stats your talking about, but Lebron did win 4 of the next 5 MVPs after Kobe won his first (and only) which plays a pretty big factor as to why Kobe only got 5 first place votes in the next 5 years.
TREX01
Since you brought up Kobe and LeBron, I'll say that Harden doesn't belong in the same league with those guys. Not even close. There are dozens of guys between those two and Harden on the all time list.
SquirrellyDan
AG
TREX01 said:

Since you brought up Kobe and LeBron, I'll say that Harden doesn't belong in the same league with those guys. Not even close. There are dozens of guys between those two and Harden on the all time list.
Never said he was. Although you can't really have a monumental collapse that "everyone will remember" unless you're thought of as a superstar player in the first place.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Harden ONLY unanimous 1st team all NBA selection this year.

mAgnoliAg
AG
primomosquito said:

Harden ONLY unanimous 1st team all NBA selection this year.

David_Puddy
AG
primomosquito said:

TREX01 said:

Lebron had carried a team of role players to the Finals by himself and also had a few deep playoff runs with those role players and was 1 year older than Harden when he won his first championship.

That isn't near as silly as Kobe, who prior to that exit 2008, had won 3 championships, and an MVP award in that season you're referencing.

Harden is a good player but to try and compare him to those 2 is a little ridiculous. Those 2 are elite and elite players seek blood in close out games. While you pointed to 2 specific examples where they had bad nights in a close out game, there are far and away more other examples where they've dominated in a close out game en route to a championship. Could Harden do that? Of course, he's only 27 years old but I don't see the same killer instinct from him as those 2. Time will tell.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.