Draft hypothetical

1,298 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AG@RICE
exp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Shaq and LeBron are both in their prime in the same draft. Knowing what you know about their careers now, which would you take to start your team?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Starting my team for one season? Shaq. Shaq in his prime was more unstoppable than anyone else in their prime, Michael Jordan included.

In their primes, but rostered for multiple years, LeBron.
Furlock Bones
AG
James for sure.
Ulrich
James
exp
AG
I tend to agree with the Shaq for one season, LeBron for longer answer.
Guitarsoup
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Starting my team for one season? Shaq. Shaq in his prime was more unstoppable than anyone else in their prime, Michael Jordan included.

In their primes, but rostered for multiple years, LeBron.
Agree with that. Also, Bron was a better teammate and could help elevate the games of other people.

I think also might depend on the time period of your game. 80s or 90s might be Shaq, but 00s or 10s would be Bron.
Forum Troll
AG
With today's rules I'd take LeBron pretty easily.
Guitarsoup
AG
Forum Troll said:

With today's rules I'd take LeBron pretty easily.
Agree, but the fact that no teams really have centers that could guard Shaq would give me pause. DJ and who else? Everyone is getting smaller/faster, so maybe the alternate is to get bigger and stronger because smaller and faster players today could not touch 2000 Shaq.
AG@RICE
AG
To win in the playoffs you have to be able to make free throws and shaq is a complete liability in that area. Without kobe or wade to draw fouls and make free throws late in games shaq might be titleless. Lebron clearly needs help as well, but you can confidently give him the ball down by 2 with less than a minute to go.

I'd hack the crap out of shaq the minute he caught it.
Guitarsoup
AG
Shaq won four titles in spite of his FT shooting. You can only hack him so many times.
AG@RICE
AG
They are both great players. FT shooting is really important so in my opinion lebron gets the nod based on that discrepancy. If shaq could just consistently average 60% from the ft line I'd pick him by a mile.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.