Lonzo Ball

10,957 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PooDoo
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Listened to his interview on the radio driving in (missed part of it), but the reporter asked if she was being threatened? What the hell did he say
Ulrich
CactusThomas said:

Better Business Bureau has filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against Lavar for use of the BBB logo.

I understand why they ripped off the logo at least. If there's one brand out there that screams "cutting edge" and "street cred", it's the Better Business Bureau.
CoppellAg93
AG
wangus12 said:

Listened to his interview on the radio driving in (missed part of it), but the reporter asked if she was being threatened? What the hell did he say
Pulled this from a story ....

Later, Ball said, "I never disrespect women. But I'll tell you what, if you act like that, guess what? Something's coming to you, and it's okay."

When Leahy asked if he was threatening her, Ball said: "See how she's trying to turn the words. I would never threaten you." Leahy quoted Ball saying "something was coming to her," to which he replied: "I don't know what it is. I'm not a psychic."

Whos Juan
AG
You'd think a big baller would be able to fix those two stained teeth in that bear trap of a mouth.
brotheraggie
Another person looking for a payout.
gordo97
AG
Cowboy1990
Guitarsoup said:

Anyone know why he's been wearing other shoes than his own BBB's? Apparently he's worn Kobe model Nikes and Steph model UA...
CactusThomas
AG
He's playing much better since ditching the BBBs
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
It might be genius. Instead of a baseless pitch, they're now doing their sales pitches to each company, but this time on the court. Giving everyone a taste of what it might look like if he played in product. Obviously it only works if he plays well, but it's working.

It's been done before. John Wall did it recently.
BBQ4Me
AG
His playing style is fun to watch. If it wasn't for his father, he could quickly become one of the more popular players in the league instead of one of the most ridiculed.
West Texan
AG
UMichAg said:

His playing style is fun to watch. If it wasn't for his father, he could quickly become one of the more popular players in the league instead of one of the most ridiculed.

He's fun to watch with the ball in his hands. Defensively, he looks like James Harden out there.
Guitarsoup
AG
Crusaders41 said:

Guitarsoup said:

Anyone know why he's been wearing other shoes than his own BBB's? Apparently he's worn Kobe model Nikes and Steph model UA...
I've heard the BBB shoes aren't up to the performance needs to playing pro hoops.
Gigem Trevas
Lonzo right now.
NoahAg
Dennis Smith, Jr. (to be accurate, DSJ didn't dunk on Ball; just blew past him for a massive dunk).
Pumpkinhead
AG
I was at first anti-Lonzo Ball because had tired of the dad.

But after listening to interviews with Lakers coach Luke Walton and their GM, sounds like a major reason that they signed Aggie Alex Caruso to that 2-way contract is because they feel Caruso's game has a lot of similarities to Ball's (pass first PG who likes to push the ball and really good court vision), and so they liked the idea of Caruso being a 'Lonzo Ball-lite' on their G-League team and they can play the same sets and style in their G-League games as they do in their NBA games, making it easier for players to transition back and forth between the two rosters. And also Caruso could more easily be plugged into their NBA roster if they need to call him up.

So if Lonzo Ball did not exist and had not gotten drafted by the Lakers, I don't think Caruso would have gotten the opportunity that he is now getting to get his foot into the door on an NBA team. Lakers trying to build a system around Ball is helping make a better fit for a former Aggie player who is one of my favorites.

So that is kind of forcing me to now become more of a Lonzo Ball fan, for Caruso.
Iowaggie
AG
The Foot Locker Father's Day ad was pretty funny and makes Lonzo look good.

CactusThomas
AG
Stats as starting pg for Lakers - Las Vegas summer league:

Player/ppg/fg%/rpg/apg/spg/bpg

Lolonzo 16.3 / 38% / 7.7 / 9.3 / 2.5 / 1
Caruso 16.5 / 61% / 5.5 / 9.0 / 2.5 / 1

Caruso had 2 starts vs Ball's 6.
Ball was summer league MVP.

I will say I'm surprised Ball turned out to be good enough to nearly hang with our own AC Fresh. If he can work on his fg%, he'll be right there with him.
The_Accountant15
His dad is honestly just a clown. I hope Lonzo just stays humble, he has real talent
mAgnoliAg
AG
Lamelo got a shoe deal
PooDoo
AG
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.