The most remarkable Russell Westbrook stat from this season

3,288 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dixichkn
knoxtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There are a LOT of incredible stats the soon to be MVP put up this year. His unbelievable usage rate, his legendary uncontested rebound average, and his ability to generate assists during garbage time. No one in the history of the game has ever gotten his entire team to pass their stats to him better than Russell Westbrook.

But of all the Westbrook stats I have seen this year, there is nothing like this.

When Westbrook is "guarding" a player on the other team, they shoot 7% higher than their normal percentage. Think about that stat. If you are Ricky Rubio and Westbrook guards you, you are now an average NBA jump shooter. If you are average, 43-44%, and you can play your entire career with Westbrook from 2016-2017 guarding you, then you are a better shooter than Ray Allen. Hello Hall of fame!!!!

The dude is so completely enamored with abandoning his guy and chasing a rebound, that he allows opposing guards to shoot 7 freaking % higher.

That, my friends, is an amazing statistic in a season full of meaningless, worthless, team hurting Westbrook stats.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Deluxe
AG
Most basketball experts and former NBA superstars agree that Russell Westbrook is having a great season.
Good Poster
AG
Lol at OP
AggieSportsGuy
AG
OP probably supports James Harden and his acclaimed defense.
Forum Troll
AG
AggieSportsGuy said:

OP probably supports James Harden and his acclaimed defense.
I know this is sarcasm but he's 16th in defensive win shares this season.
AggieSportsGuy
AG
The Rockets also exceeded their expected win total and have the third best record in the NBA which inflates that. Not saying he hasn't been better this year but that's how the formula works.
Deluxe
AG
http://stats.nba.com/players/defense/#!?sort=DEF_WS&dir=-1

I might be missing something here but when I sort these stats for Defensive Win Shares, Westbrook is 23rd and Harden is 77th
AggieSportsGuy
AG
Lol
Deluxe
AG
And given that the best defender in the game (Kawhi Leonard) is ranked 18th in defensive win shares, I'm not sure it's a great statistic anyway
knoxtom
Harden contests 9 shots a game, Westbrook comes in at 3.4.
Guitarsoup
AG
Most remarkable defensive stat of the year is that Danuel House has a defensive rating of 0.0.

That means for every 100 defensive possessions while House was playing, the other team scored 0.0 points.

Gig 'Em Danuel!
Forum Troll
AG
Deluxe said:

http://stats.nba.com/players/defense/#!?sort=DEF_WS&dir=-1

I might be missing something here but when I sort these stats for Defensive Win Shares, Westbrook is 23rd and Harden is 77th.
I'm not sure how NBA.com calculates DWS. I used Basketball Reference. He's actually 18th now.

The top 6 DWS on that website are Gobert, Green, Drummond, Whiteside, Davis, and Leonard.
mAgnoliAg
AG
That looks like the more accurate list
Ag Natural
AG
The most amazing Westbrook stat is the eyeballs blown count. That dude played like a man possessed for an entire season. No player has ever jumped off the screen as much as Russ has this season.
WC94
AG
I heard he averaged a triple double.
dixichkn
AG
WC94 said:

I heard he averaged a triple double.
Too bad ESPN never brought that up
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.