Tracy McGrady to the hall of fame

3,106 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bodhi
Token
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Per twitter
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Ag Natural
AG
Very deserving. I know he got knocked for never winning a playoff series but he probably had the worst luck of any superstar. He never had a great teammate who could stay healthy.
NoHo Hank
AG
Ag Natural said:

Very deserving. I know he got knocked for never winning a playoff series but he probably had the worst luck of any superstar. He never had a great teammate who could stay healthy.

He won 3! Should have won a championship...
Ginormus Ag
AG
As a Spur?
Dan Scott
AG
The 13 in 35 and dunk on Shawn Bradley I'll never forget.
Aust Ag
AG
And yet, Rudy T gets stiffed again. Have a hard time believing McGrady has contributed more to basketball than Rudy T.
TheMasterplan
Dan Scott said:

The 13 in 35 and dunk on Shawn Bradley I'll never forget.
Mavs fan here and I just went and watched that. So good.
t - cam
AG
Ag Natural said:

I have no idea about your rooting interests but I am curious about your thoughts on Tony Romo?

As a Cowboy fan this is generally my argument for Tony. Just crap luck when it mattered most.
Ag Natural
AG
t - cam said:

Ag Natural said:

I have no idea about your rooting interests but I am curious about your thoughts on Tony Romo?

As a Cowboy fan this is generally my argument for Tony. Just crap luck when it mattered most.

If I had a vote Romo would be in. I think he's a top 5 most talented QB of his generation. He was plagued with pretty bad to mediocre teams and never a good defense. One season of a good running game then he gets hurt. I don't think he'll get in but I'd be in favor of it.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ag Natural said:

t - cam said:

Ag Natural said:

If I had a vote Romo would be in. I think he's a top 5 most talented QB of his generation. He was plagued with pretty bad to mediocre teams and never a good defense. One season of a good running game then he gets hurt. I don't think he'll get in but I'd be in favor of it.
Lot of people to contend with

Manning
Other Manning
Brady
Brees
Rogers
Warner
Roethlesberger
Rivers
Ryan
Palmer
BBDP
AG
Warner was born in 71 (retired on 09)
Farve was born in 69 (retired after 10).
I would not include either in Romo's "generation".

Burn-It
AG
NBA HOF is becoming a participation award
AKA 13-0
Malcolm52
AG
McGrady is not HOF worthy, and Romo being talked about HOF is an even bigger joke
NoahAg
It's hard to consider someone who peaked at 24 a HOFer.
6-4-3
AG
Isn't it the Basketball Hall of Fame ? Not the NBA Hall of Fame? If so, Rudy T is very deserving in my very biased opinion. From College All American through NBA as player, plus his time as a two time World Champion coach.

McGrady? Not sure. But I can see arguments either way.
Guitarsoup
AG
Peaking in your 7th year in the NBA isn't exactly unusual.
NoahAg
Guitarsoup said:

True. Still, is induction waters down the HOF even more. He's in the "Hall of Gilbert Arenas/Michael Redd/Baron Davis Very Good."
t - cam
AG
NoahAg said:

Guitarsoup said:

True. Still, is induction waters down the HOF even more. He's in the "Hall of Gilbert Arenas/Michael Redd/Baron Davis Very Good."

Gilbert arenas seems like good comp.
Guitarsoup
AG
TMac won two scoring titles, was AllNBA first team twice and made an all NBA team seven total times and was Mr Basketball USA.

Arenas never won a scoring title, never made an All NBA first team and only made three all NBA team
Bodhi
AG
Shouldn't be. HOF now a joke.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.